Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Files Fans?

X-Files Fans?

Over the last few months I stared watching the first five seasons that I've had on DVD for eons, but I never watched past season five except for the original airing. Thanks to Netflix and my Wii/360 I am watching the remaining seasons. I just started season 7 last night. Some of it is coming back to me, but most of it I don't remember so it's almost new to me. Really enjoying it, at least better than I remember liking it the first time around.

Something I'd like to share.

Gillian Anderson makes me happy in my pants.

So, any random thoughts or discussion on X-Files? Remember spolier tags for those that may not have seen it yet, please.

"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson

Bettie Page 4/22/23 - 12/11/08

Spoiler:

Re: X-Files Fans?

She hot!

Love 'the Canon', while the 'Monster of the Week' episodes are about 65% good. Fox Mulder is as multifaceted/quirky a character as anyone has invented since Sherlock Holmes, and Scully a perfect foil--just as ambiguous and complex. Even most of the ones with Reyes and Doggett are pretty great, though.

If you haven't seen it, you will freaking love the series finale.

Trouble Boy

Loved the show. Wish I had time to re-watch it but I don't. Too much time chained to the Internet. The only advice I have is simple: don't watch the second movie.

Oh, and, do try to find The Lone Gunmen on DVD.

in my top 5 all time shows
    "Success should never be vilified. It should be celebrated."

I loved the serie.the movie was awfull.
    I realy liked the lone gunmen spinuff serie to.

Loved the series. Loved the Scully/Mulder relationship. I actually quite liked the first movie, but haven't wanted to see the second one.

All time favorite episode: "Jose Chung's From Outer Space." It is perfection.

Passive-Agressiva. Still their Queen. Nella poca luce che trafigge i vetri opachi.

[Raises hand]

I love the show, and how it managed to mingle events that happened in the Cold War with the cynicism and apathy of the '90s.

The show managed to touch upon topics the mainstream media wouldn't touch, such as US imperialism in Latin America, and its permanent impact upon the contienent.

Or things like Project Paperclip, which gave Nazi scientists immunity in order to help the Americans win the great PR war with the Soviets, specifically with our space programme.

Plus, it also led to a great parody episode on The Simpsons.

I think I'm feeling nostalgic now, and will go watch a few old episodes again.
    Ain't nothing but some sea s**t. Full of yourself so you float to the top. A human hot air balloon that I'm hopin' to pop, my sharp wit verse, your really dull animal.

Your cynicism really isn't hard for you to channel so ... it's effortless. You're better than the rest of us, I get it, I admit. Why you even waste your breath on us?

Quote Originally Posted by RobStaeger View Post
    Look, Madonna got rebooted as Lady Gaga and we all have to deal with it now.
    Find me here.

I recently saw some episodes and liked them. Especially the one with the serial killer who can see into the future.

The X-Files will always be one of my favorite shows. The combination of the paranormal and strong character writing has yet to be topped. (Fringe has come close one in a while). And I was and will always be a hardcore Scully/Muldner shipper.

X-Files was the first show I experienced online fandom with. Every Friday night I would race to computer, dial up AOL on the modem and go into their X-Files chat room and spend time picking apart the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Galaxy View Post
    Loved the series. Loved the Scully/Mulder relationship. I actually quite liked the first movie, but haven't wanted to see the second one.

All time favorite episode: "Jose Chung's From Outer Space." It is perfection.
    Charles Nelson Reilly's, Alex Trebek's and Jesse Ventura's greatest roles.