Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: Ground Zero Mosque...Ok, now I am against it

Banned

Re: Ground Zero Mosque...Ok, now I am against it

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Smooth View Post
    You really have no call to act like a victim when you tell folks that their marriages make a mockery of yours.

If there's a kind of person I can't stand, it's someone who tries to put upon himself the mantle of disability, of victim. You did it with the anecdote about the aspergers kid.

You're not disabled. You're not in his circumstance. You have nothing like that to deal with. You are a normal adult with all of the privileges that being a normal adult confers.

So stop envying the disadvantaged both the sympathy and the mockery that they inspire. You have no right to either. If you want attention, try being a nice person instead.
    Thank you for sharing your opinion of me Rev.

To Tommy: See what I am saying Tommy. I don't want to talk about myself. People like Rev do.

Yes, actually, they are.

My opinion of you is very low, in part because you insist on comparing yourself to truly disadvantaged people. As someone who is actually disabled and sees this regularly enough among people with martyr complexes, I'm going to ask you to stop.

The sympathy that being disabled engenders is something that an able-bodied person is not entitled to. We pay a very high price for it, and you never will. You are not the same, or even remotely similar. You never will be until you are disabled.

So unless you decide to get yourself hit by bus or are run over by a combine, knock it off. You have not paid enough dues to be entitled to some of the few nice things we get.

And I don't care about your snipes. Every time you try to gather sympathy by comparing yourself to a disabled or challenged or whatever else kid that you can think of, you only stir contempt in me. I scorn privileged people who can't find enough personal meaning out of their own existence that they have to try to pass themselves off as less fortunate than they are.

This includes, btw, freaking out about others' marriages and insisting they somehow affect yours.
    Last edited by Reverend Smooth; 08-29-2010 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I am honestly am not sure what you mean. Argue about what? The YABS board, Islam, what?
    I just told the entire board to stop insulting you and end this digression to the discussion so you could respond in the thread without being provoked to see if you would, indeed, continue to insult people or be argumentative.

In other words, Glen, I was giving you a clean slate and you decided to be argumentative about it.

This was not smart.

And, the rest of you, peace. I will say this one more time before I get really pissed: Leave him alone. The situation is now being addressed.

Any further responses will result in someone getting sent to cool off for a bit.
    Last edited by Corrina; 08-29-2010 at 04:06 PM.
    A Jewish seamstress in a steampunked Victorian London hires a consulting detective to solve a magical murder mystery.
    --The Curse of the Brimstone Contract by Corrina Lawson

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Smooth View Post
    Yes, actually, they are.
    Think what you like. Just remember you brought up five year old posts in a thread about Mosques.

this whole thread and the personal attacks are really sad
    "Success should never be vilified. It should be celebrated."

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I would be surprised if they were. Most of the high functioning Aspergers kids are as sweet at pie, though I have seen some that can be cruel. But usually they are just inappropriate and really clueless in social situations which then brings out the worst in others.
    Right--people with Asperger's aren't evil--they're just different. Sociopaths are evil, and weren't cute and fuzzy when they were torturing animals or hurting smaller kids as a child. What you're doing here, a guy we know named Rick Olney does often.

Dang, I thought this was going to be a discussion about Aspergers.. you went right from reasonable to attack mode like a light switch. Too bad for me and thre thread. I am curious, do you see that in yourself. I mean that tendency.
    I was a shy kid who read books, drew and wrote--who grew into a tall teenager who read books, drew and wrote--and hurt bullies. Racism, bigotry and Hate are Bullying behaviors. I think hate is for idiots and sociopaths--not for adult human beings, and it isn't something enlightened, evolved people do. Lots of things wrong with me, but no, don't see everybody around me as soulless robots--just a handful of sociopaths I've encountered.

I love that little shot at the end of your post. Its not really a personal attack but teaches me so much about you. Thank you.
    It's so funny because it's true! They also blend in with Youth Organizations and Bureaucracies. Bossing people around gives them a sense of belonging, that they couldn't have in other occupations--it's like a drug to them. Most are never diagnosed (it takes a powerful stressor before they off their family or whatnot).