BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102
Results 1,011 to 1,017 of 1017

Thread: Batman: Arkham City Announced

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Convoy
    Arkham City is just a gift that keeps on giving.
    This is great, but where the hell is Batgirl?
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!

Re: Batman: Arkham City Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    This is great, but where the hell is Batgirl?
    I want Bat-Mite as well.

Finished Harley's Revenge. It took awhile to get back into the groove of Arkham City. It took about three hours to beat. Not too shabby.

Spoilers:
    There's no obvious hints on what the third game could possibly be. There is a huge reveal as for the whole Joker/Harley baby thing. When you enter Joker's hideout and see the same pregnancy test there are now multiple tests, all stating negative.

After completing the game, I was hoping Robin would be available in free room since he has cool attacks that are different from Batman. However, he's only playable in Harley's Revenge missions.

Hopefully there'll be a future DLC making Robin an Nightwing playable in the free roam world.
    Last edited by Supreme Convoy; 06-03-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Convoy
    Finished Harley's Revenge. It took awhile to get back into the groove of Arkham City. It took about three hours to beat. Not too shabby.

* SPOILER *
    Well that's lame...
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!

Yeah, its pretty damn short.

Yeah, I beat it last night and I couldn't be any less impressed with the extra gameplay.

It'll be a great treat for the people who buy the full game first time out. For something I was waiting 6 months (and several stupid challenge maps) later for I couldn't have been less impressed if I tried.

Mild spoilers for the mission
    I had it beat in about half the promised "extra hours of gameplay" time and Robin was barely enjoyable to play. He wasn't terrible, but overall I wasn't impressed. We weren't given enough to BE impressed. And in terms of voice and character he seemed more suited to being Nightwing than Robin. The game mechanics seemed a little screwy at times too. Batman and Robin kept turning their backs to enemies when I was trying to punch them. And Tara Strong was PAINFUL to listen to. Seriously not a good choice to replace Arleen Sorkin. She was bad in Arkham City but she was just unbearable here. Like she tried to do her most annoying Sorkin impression on top of having a headcold.

I honestly expected better in terms of extra content. I was hoping for more story based extra missions like the Identity Theft, Heart of Ice and Shot in the Dark missions. Not the "run here, now run back there, now run back here again, now run back SURPRISE GROUP FIGHT, okay continue running back there again, now run..." that we got. Only Batman got to play on any section of the main map, and even then only barely. Robin was stuck in what felt like the same 5 rooms over and over again.

Arkham City is an easy 10 out of 10 for me. Everything about it.

Harley Quinn's Revenge, considering the 6 month wait, would rank about a 2 at best.

www.grayhavencomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    Once again, Howlett is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    That's why they call me Simple Slewo.

While browsing for Batman art, I came across Arkham City mods. I can't believe I never realized there are people doing these for the games.