Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: TV Moments that Made You Cry

Re: TV Moments that Made You Cry

I didn't cry exactly (I don't even cry in movies, believe it or not), but I definitely got choked up recently (as did my husband, surprisingly) in a recent episode of NCIS. The one where Abby confronts Gibbs and she has her little meltdown and basically offers to throw everything she believes in out the window if it means saving him from jail. I swear, Abby gets me every time.
    "The computer's kaput, and we're drifting through space towards certain oblivion." -- Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV, Cowboy Bebop.

"Tell me that a fit fortyish woman with 25+ years of experience at sea and several decades of live bladefighting practice under her belt isn’t a threat when she runs across the deck toward you, and I’ll tell you something in return— you’re gonna die of stab wounds." - Scott Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by t.c.johnson

When Vincent kept Jack company in the end.

And yeah, the death of Charlie.

ER.. First season Of that show, every episode had a moment that would make me cry.
    ER - The Letter: the episode in which Carter reads out the letter detailing Dr. Green's last days and telling everyone he died. Carter pins the letter to the notice board and as different cast members start their shift and read it it broke my heart each and every time.

Amblog
    Like any other man, only more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shisho
    I didn't cry exactly (I don't even cry in movies, believe it or not), but I definitely got choked up recently (as did my husband, surprisingly) in a recent episode of NCIS. The one where Abby confronts Gibbs and she has her little meltdown and basically offers to throw everything she believes in out the window if it means saving him from jail. I swear, Abby gets me every time.
    I almost never cry at movies but I think with TV, you know those characters for so long that it really packs a punch when something bad happens to them.

Amblog
    Like any other man, only more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Darque_Angel View Post
    Amber dieing was very sad. The part that gets me on that episode is Wilson going home and laying down on the bed, that gets me every time.
    Same here. I actually teared right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Teal_Lantern View Post
    I remember the episode with House's parents was pretty sad.

And I can't believe I forgot Scrubs, the finale, that episode was both sad and brilliant.
    The Scrubs finale was really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorMitch100 View Post
    last episode of LOST.

Zack Braff's last episode on Scrubs. Not the latest seasons with the new people though. I don't believe in those.
    For me, Scrubs ended when Zach Braff left.

I don't think hat I have ever actually cried at a TV show but have gotten pretty sad.

Also, every single episode of Cold Case, it's like that show's entire point is just to make each story as sad as possible, saddest one would be the teenage mothers episode.

I admitted this in the other thread as well, but I really honestly cry at the drop of a hat, when it comes to tv and movies. Way more than real life. I swear it's the music/score that gets me. Here are a few of the most memorable or recent ones. If I listed them all, I may go over the character limit.

-Charlie's death in Lost. I LOVED Charlie.

-Jack's death in the Lost finale. I made it through almost that whole show without sobbing too hard, and then that good doggie wouldn't let Jack die alone. (I seriously just got teary eyed thinking about it).

-Buffy's mom dying

-Buffy dying to save Dawn

-The finale of Dawnson's Creek (don't judge!) Poor Jen

-Most anything that is supposed to make someone emotional, will most likely bring me to tears.

There are a million more. I will add if I remember anything terribly ridiculous.

Another tearjerker part of the Lost finale

Spoilers:
    None of them died alone. When they died, they all went to that ame place together, so it was nice to know that Locke and Juliet all saw that when they died.

Have to go with the season four finale of The Wire when Randy starts yelling at Carver in the hospital. After seeing Michael's fall from grace, that was the moment that pushed me over the edge emotionally. I don't think there's ever been anything as sad on television as season four of The Wire.

I cried when
    Spoilers:
    Kosh
    bit it in Babylon 5.

When the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004.

When Bobby Simone died on NYPD Blue.

The Body episode of Buffy.
    Here's my KNAC.com review of the August 20th, 2014 Night Ranger concert.

Here's my KNAC.com review of the new Kix CD Rock Your Face Off.

Here's my KNAC.com review of the new Overkill CD White Devil Armory.