Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 132 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1853

Thread: Doctor Who--Warning Up-To-Minute Spoilers Included

Re: Doctor Who--Warning Up-To-Minute Spoilers Included

Knowing the doctor and women it was probably his fault.
    Hate me all you want, 95 % of the time I'm write.

So apparently
    Spoilers:
    clara dies in the Christmas Special
    haven't actually seen the episode yet. Went and spoiled me self.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
    So apparently
    Spoilers:
    clara dies in the Christmas Special
    haven't actually seen the episode yet. Went and spoiled me self.
    Well that's
    Spoilers:
    the second time
    at least, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Okay, that's possibly my favourite episode since Moffat took over. I would have loved it when I was twelve. Still heavy on self-indulgent nonsense and gosh wow moments that make no sense in context, but lots of nice character stuff, and even one or two memorable quotes.
    Real friends don't blow up your pony.

We watched the first episode of the new K9 show. That was disappointing, won't be catching any more of that one. Had potential, just thought it was badly done. And hated the redesign.
    My first novel is up Amazon Kindle at http://www.amazon.com/In-My-Brothers...8184334&sr=1-1

And now in paperback, too!

I take back what I said about the new TARDIS deck. Didn't care for the way it looked in that unlit photo I saw, but in action, with the colors, it looked amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsmythe View Post
    We watched the first episode of the new K9 show. That was disappointing, won't be catching any more of that one. Had potential, just thought it was badly done. And hated the redesign.
    Wasn't that K9 show actually done three or four years ago and the only "new" aspect is it being aired outside of Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    So with the 50th anniversary coming up in 2013, who would you like to see from the Doctor's past travels make an appearance, as in former incarnations, former companions, or villains? Tom Baker is the most obvious choice for me, but any and all of the living former Doctors would be awesome. As far as companions, I'd love an episode with Ace explaining how she left the Doctor between the end of the original series and the 1996 movie. Finally, I would love to see a regenerated Master and the Zygons.
    I'd actually really like to see Paul McGann and David Tennant. They both want to come back. They both are still in the window where they could play their version of the Doctor, especially since we never saw what Eight looked like at the end of his run.

If they wanted Baker back, I'd say also shoot for McGann, Tennant, and Davison and then do something timey wimey where they're all aged UP to Baker's age. Aging everyone UP is easier than aging Baker down. Instead of the standard "Doctors crossover", I think it would be more interesting if somebody split the current Doctor up into his component parts and they were all aged/weakened by it. Then send Matt Smith on a scavenger hunt to recover his old selves and reabsorb them all, getting younger as he reabsorbs each one. Play with the Valeyard concept, maybe.

That was actually an extremely good episode. I absolutely, extremely fantastically loved seeing the three assistants just as much as I expected I would, and Strax was particularly perfect with his banter and interplay with the Doctor (@#$%ing gauntlets). I fell in love with Clara the second I saw her (Although, to be honest, I did find her chasing after the Doctor a little odd. She hasn't seen anything extremely odd yet, just what could have been a relatively simple practical joke and a minute of light flirting, but she's ready to actually chase down a carriage on foot? Odd) and the setup at the end definitely intrigues me. I wonder how they're going to do that? I've already got a dozen different theories for the explanation.

I do, however, have to say that this time it really is the Doctor's fault
    Spoilers:
    when Clara died. In all seriousness, humor and levity aside, close the frakking door.
    That was just so obvious.
    Last edited by JBK405; 12-25-2012 at 06:40 PM.
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

Great episode. The humor in it was fantastic. I wish they hadn't made a big deal about Magnetolf doing the voice of the snowmen cause i couldn't hear it. Yeah Strax really stole the show.

Grifter

I'm inclined to think that that picture of the control room is from the upcoming episode where they show more of the tardis interior. He's got backup control rooms. Heck, he's got past control rooms saved in Tardis memory somewhere. Willing to bet that's an old one that he stopped using, oh, three, four hundred years ago or so.