Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 186 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who--Warning Up-To-Minute Spoilers Included

Doctor Who--Warning Up-To-Minute Spoilers Included

Because EVERY board should have a thread about "Doctor Who".

We all know the series is dormant until the Christmas episode but that's okay.

Here are ALL things "Who-y".

Like the old series? C'mon in.

Like the new series? C'mon in.

Have questions? Ask 'em.

It's all about the WHO!!!

I've been doing "Doctor Who" reviews on my blog -- mostly classic series stuff for the time being since the reviews are based on what I personally own but if anyone wants to take a look: http://compoundgeekery.blogspot.com/...0Bag%20Reviews

Agree, disagree, don't care, think I'm an attention whore... don't matter. Just trying to stir up conversation about the world's most successful TV series about time travel!

Re: Doctor Who

This sucks, but I have only seen, I think, two Dr. Who episodes, both written by the great Paul Cornell.

I saw part of the movie that had Peter Cushing when I was a kid, and it baffled me!

Don't worry Gail, the Peter Cushing film baffles all of us. It's not considered canon despite all the shiny Daleks.

I've been behind on the 5th season, I've only seen the first five episodes of it, but I like it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    This sucks, but I have only seen, I think, two Dr. Who episodes, both written by the great Paul Cornell.

I saw part of the movie that had Peter Cushing when I was a kid, and it baffled me!
    Time to jump into the deep end, Gail, and see what it's all about. Start with "Rose" and go from there; when you've finished the "new" series, dive into the classics. Don't worry about hurrying, though- the show premiered in 1963, so there's a lot to catch up on.

If you have NetFlix, here's a link:

http://bit.ly/b8bf8u

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Morgan View Post
    I've been behind on the 5th season, I've only seen the first five episodes of it, but I like it so far.
    It gets SO much weirder.

But in the wibbly-wobbly good way; mostly.
    "Able to leap powerful bullets with a speeding bound!"

"Able to do powerful speed while on a single locomotive?"

"Just so you know...
    Y'all are weird."-Larry Dixon

Loved this most recent season!! (I am of the "series 31" persuasion.)

Matt Smith had me on his side by the time he looked at young Amelia and said, "Trust me, I'm The Doctor!"

And the finale? I cheered!
    - John

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post

HERETIC!

Not about the Cushing movie, that was terrible.

Well, I guess even you couldn't be perfect Gail!

SO SPEAKING OF WHO, Anyone else going to Gally in February?
    Check out my blog: Girls Read Comics Too

Cosplay 2011
    TO BE UPDATED!

"If I wrote the phone book, there would be lots of sex and bad words, so of course you would read it" - Gail Simone @ DCU Event Horizon Panel SDCC

I considered Series 31 (Matt Smith series 1) to be really new viewer friendly. One of my friends said she was interested and I encouraged her to jump right in at "The Eleventh Hour". I really was impressed at how delicately Moffat input old information without losing new viewers.

I told her the only thing she really needed to know before watching "The Eleventh Hour" was that the Doctor had just regenerated into a new body and that was it.

As for the Cushing stuff... I've only seen the first one, haven't seen the second one which was based off of "The Dalek Invasion of Earth". The first one though, geez what they did to the character of Ian from the original TV show to the movie I think William Russell who played the original should haved sued for defamation of character!

Quote Originally Posted by Operative 24 View Post
    I considered Series 31 (Matt Smith series 1) to be really new viewer friendly. One of my friends said she was interested and I encouraged her to jump right in at "The Eleventh Hour". I really was impressed at how delicately Moffat input old information without losing new viewers.
    The overall tone was that of a fairytale, which really worked I thought.

Question. Tolkien wrote LOTR because English mythology has vanished. Could the Doctor join Hobbits as essentially a modern day English myth, much like Superman is a contemporary myth for America?
    New blog Hop Scotch Friday - books, films and opinions.