Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank You For Coming Here! Please Introduce Yourself!

Re: Thank You For Coming Here! Please Introduce Yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by elcinco View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm Laura. I'm from the South, more specifically, the New Orleans area. I do a goofy little podcast on Tolkien and his works whenever my esteemed cohost isn't busy putting on plays. Loosely associated with that jerk-o Chris Page (although, I really hate to admit that ). I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I'm here!
    WOOT! NOLA! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE me some NOLA.

I suppose I oughta fall in line and introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Steph. My handle is a joke left over from High School.

I'm a teacher. I teach at a behavioral hospital for kids during the day and the University of Phoenix at random intervals. I have 3 degrees in English and teaching English. I am NOT a grammar Nazi unless your grammar is so bad I can't understand you. I will occasionally slip into teacher mode and try to help someone out, so if that bothers you, I apologize in advance - sometimes it's hard to turn the teacher off.

I live in Hot Springs, Arkansas (where the bottled water comes from) and share my house, my bed, and often my shower, but never my ice cream with our esteemed moderator SK716. I have one kid - she's 9 and will be starting 4th grade this year - who is an absolutely brilliant, gifted disaster.

Between SK and I, we also have 2 dogs (you met Tucker in another thread), 2 1/2 cats (one is wild and outside only), and 3 ferrets (whom you will see referred to in many inside jokes, especially once Lester gets here).

Comic-wise, I don't really read much. I adore Gail's work for its humor and ingenuity. I am a Deadpool fanatic. And I love Powergirl because she's the only superhero who feels my (upper back) pain.

Since Bert and Kyuubi are here, you may see me referred to as the "Soccer Mom" of YABS. That's Bert's fault.

I'm Marc and I'm sort of a defacto "intern" of sorts for Shadowline Comics (Jim Valentino's clan at Image) -- that's if you can be called and intern when you're 37 and live in a different city than the bosses do and don't really have an office, and don't really get paid, and also have another job. But I do a lot of PR work for them and I update their websites & social networking accounts and I try not to Spam the boards with ads for Shadowline books.

I read all sorts of stuff and I try to keep a low profile on the boards. I stay away from as much drama as possible, but I do have a habit of trying to add witty/sarcastic remarks to everything when I do get involved.
    Communications at Shadowline Comics // Read GREAT webcomics at ShadowlineOnline.com

Editor & Assistant Art Director at GrayHaven Comics // Submission Guidelines are here.

My Blog - THE SUBURBAN GEEK

Hola, amigos. I'm Hubert, and also Infra-Man on CBR.

I'm a freelance writer, copywriter, copy editor, and graduate student living in Brooklyn, NY. One these days I hope to become an obscure novelist and practically-unknown short story writer.

I read all kinds of comics from superhero and fantasy ones to slice-of-life ones--just enjoy well-told stories in any medium.
    Movie news, features, reviews, and miscellany: My work at Flixist
    Movie reviews and criticism: My stuff on CriticWire

Join us. Resistance is futile.
    Change your default settings.

Hello everybody, I am Jason. That's my real name. Due to some recent changes of board personalities I am by default the main Benbo Libertarian I guess.

I live in the Sunny San Fernando Valley. Have lived in NY and CO.

I try to be a nice guy. I like big robots, and other scifi. I also dig swords and scorcery. I make a lot of typing errors. It is something of a running gag.

And big butts.

I'm another refugee from YABS. When YABS was about to explode, my parents put me into a rocket and sent me here.

I'm a college student studying computer and electronic systems. I'm not that fond of the course though and I don't think it's going to lead to any real job opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason California View Post
    Hello everybody, I am Jason. That's my real name. Due to some recent changes of board personalities I am by default the main Benbo Libertarian I guess.

I live in the Sunny San Fernando Valley. Have lived in NY and CO.

I try to be a nice guy. I like big robots, and other scifi. I also dig swords and scorcery. I make a lot of typing errors. It is something of a running gag.

And big butts.
    We love you Jason. The new folks here will as well.
    Communications at Shadowline Comics // Read GREAT webcomics at ShadowlineOnline.com

Editor & Assistant Art Director at GrayHaven Comics // Submission Guidelines are here.

My Blog - THE SUBURBAN GEEK

Quote Originally Posted by SallySensational View Post
    WOOT! NOLA! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE me some NOLA.
    Yay!! Seeing NOLA love makes me happy!

ANd you all should check out Cth's weekly weird image dump. It is a family favorite. Every Friday.

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...d.php?t=194928

My name is Brian Redfern, I live in MA and I renovate houses for a living. I don't read many comics anymore, but that's mainly because David Mack can't draw fast enough to release several books a week.

I love Bendis, and enjoy Gail here on the board but have never read any of her books that I know of.

I am not as liberal as the rest of you, because that wouldn't really work out for me. I'm an existential moral relativist.

I like Jason, although we have different taste in women. But I don't judge.

I only post from my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jason california View Post
    and you all should check out cth's weekly weird image dump. It is a family favorite. Every friday.

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...d.php?t=194928
    qft