Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 501 of 594 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 5932

Thread: Rick Olney: Still does not pay freelancers or anyone else.

Re: Rick Olney: Still does not pay freelancers or anyone else.

Can you picture Olney reading this thread and getting on the phone to frantically copyright the characters?

"Hello.. is this the copyright office? Great! I have some great original comic characters I would like to get a copyright on. Wait, that costs MONEY? How about you give me the copyright first and I can reimburse you later. You see I am a famous comic publisher and I even have a Star Wars character nam..*click* hello? HELLO??"
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Coppervale Studio View Post
    I might just DO a Kid Mummy comic on 24-hour Comics Day, just to have a claim on the trademark. In fact, I'm tempted to do that every year, with whatever dumbass thing he's claiming to be working on while he continues to threaten Tony Isabella with legal doom. One competent creator can generate more decent creative work in one day per year than Rick can per decade. And it IS approaching a decade since he started with all this crap.
    I support this plan.
    Love comics? Love humor? Love hot redheads (of both sexes?)
    http://thevariants.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    Matt Doc Martin has become the voice of reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post
    People should listen to Matt.
    Every tax-paying citizen deserves the right to marry the person they love. Americans who vote to deny other Americans a right they themselves enjoy should have that right taken away from them.

What do I think of you? In my head it is 10 minutes in the future and I am pissing on your corpse. Any other questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted Brandon
    Can you picture Olney reading this thread and getting on the phone to frantically copyright the characters?

"Hello.. is this the copyright office? Great! I have some great original comic characters I would like to get a copyright on. Wait, that costs MONEY? How about you give me the copyright first and I can reimburse you later. You see I am a famous comic publisher and I even have a Star Wars character nam..*click* hello? HELLO??"
    Plus, copyright only protects work that has actually been created. You can't copyright ideas, concepts or daydreams, only the actual written and drawn pages.

I love the idea of doing a 24 Hour Comic Day project.

Quote Originally Posted by MacQuarrie View Post
    Plus, copyright only protects work that has actually been created. You can't copyright ideas, concepts or daydreams, only the actual written and drawn pages.

I love the idea of doing a 24 Hour Comic Day project.
    I do think you have drawn before...as I think I have a piece you did for me.

Have at it!
    Love comics? Love humor? Love hot redheads (of both sexes?)
    http://thevariants.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    Matt Doc Martin has become the voice of reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post
    People should listen to Matt.
    Every tax-paying citizen deserves the right to marry the person they love. Americans who vote to deny other Americans a right they themselves enjoy should have that right taken away from them.

What do I think of you? In my head it is 10 minutes in the future and I am pissing on your corpse. Any other questions?

Hmmmmm... "Kid Mummy -- The Fastest Undead Gunslinger in the West!" Bring the mummy back to life through the traditional string of unlikely coincidences in a San Francisco penny arcade where he's on display, circa 1875. Send him up against supernatural threats -- make it a tongue-in-cheek "Seriously Weird Western Tales" sort of book.

It's a pity that the Three Stooges already used the mummy of King Rootin-Tootin, 'cause that would be ideal... Maybe I could go with the mummy of King Hutsutralston...

I may need to think about this...

Personally I don't want to create of have anything to do with creating something that alludes to Olney in anyway. The man is an egotistical delusional poisonous asshole who takes pleasure from anything that he thinks remotely references him.

I'd much rather focus on my work and in this thread focus our energy on seeing what can be done to get the maps back.

Speaking of which... I noticed a number of people from California were looking at his blog before he closed it. Wouldn't surprise me if it were lawyers for Lucasfilm.

Quote Originally Posted by CutterMike View Post
    Hmmmmm... "Kid Mummy -- The Fastest Undead Gunslinger in the West!" Bring the mummy back to life through the traditional string of unlikely coincidences in a San Francisco penny arcade where he's on display, circa 1875. Send him up against supernatural threats -- make it a tongue-in-cheek "Seriously Weird Western Tales" sort of book.
    I am thinking that the mummy was freed from it's tomb by a notorious con-man named Magnus who is attempting to raid the tomb of it's riches. Magnus frees the mummy for protection against the team of archaeologists he hired to unearthed the tomb, but then failed to pay.

And of course, he found the tomb's location using a stolen map.
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Coppervale Studio
    I might just DO a Kid Mummy comic on 24-hour Comics Day, just to have a claim on the trademark. In fact, I'm tempted to do that every year, with whatever dumbass thing he's claiming to be working on while he continues to threaten Tony Isabella with legal doom. One competent creator can generate more decent creative work in one day per year than Rick can per decade. And it IS approaching a decade since he started with all this crap.
    James, you remain awesome. And we miss you!

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterRage View Post
    Personally I don't want to create of have anything to do with creating something that alludes to Olney in anyway. The man is an egotistical delusional poisonous asshole who takes pleasure from anything that he thinks remotely references him.
    Think of the fun that could be had. Take the characters in directions he would utterly hate, like making them support Obama and express liberal politics, and make his Mary Sue characters the butt of the jokes.

The Monster Squad discovers that Magnus is manipulating and exploiting them, so they throw him out, and ultimately stand by to watch him die horribly when one of his idiotic plots goes wrong and backfires on him.

The Freedom 3 lead the charge against the corrupt GOP politicians who have turned the Marines into their personal brute squad, fighting against the "gun barrel democracy" of the corporate powers that own Congress. They find out that the Olney sockpuppet character is an unwitting tool of TPTB, and ditch him; the corporate overlords take him out as a loose end.

And then file for copyright protection, preventing him from ever using those characters. Hee.

The thing to do would be to make Magnus Grimoire a notorious deadbeat.