Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 4 of 594 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Olney: Still does not pay freelancers or anyone else.

Re: Rick Olney: Still the scum of the earth!

Quote Originally Posted by Flamebird View Post
    It's succinct enough, I suppose; But it doesn't even begin to convey the level of BS and drama he's caused over the years.
    You also left out that he's ICKY.
    Icky Ricky, always trying an angle, con, scam, cheat, flim flam, scheme, bunko, gaffle, grift, hustle, swindle and bamboozle.

He's probably fuming that he changed his blog to 'private' just a week ago or so.

I'm sure he's got a lot of bullshit to say about the board-move.

Oh, for those who don't know him, he believes he was cameo'd in Iron Man 2.

You know the 'Hey, the Oracle of ORACLE' bit?

Yeah, in Olney's mind, it was 'Hey, the Oracle of ORCA' (ORCA is/was his shitty tiny comic book group, that gave away comics whose numbers increase daily by the hundreds of thousands)

He also believes George Lucas named a Star Wars character after him.

He's THAT delusional.

SERIOUSLY.
    "There seems to be something in the human condition that makes people dislike people that they think are different. If we could get rid of that, it'd be a better world" - Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Flamebird View Post
    It's succinct enough, I suppose; But it doesn't even begin to convey the level of BS and drama he's caused over the years.
    You also left out that he's ICKY.
    pRick is to "icky" as Godzilla is to "plus size."

A couple of quick examples of the "icky" factor:

ITEM: The Prick announces that donations of comics to ORCA are tax deductible; supposedly the comics would be packaged up and sent out to kids who are interested in receiving them. When pressed on the question of tax deductible status for ORCA, Prick admitted that in fact the organization was NOT a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. However, since his plan was to cherry-pick the "good" comics out of the donations and dump the rest at the local Salvation Army, their tax-exempt status would make the donations tax deductible. I swear I am not making this up.

ITEM: The prick solicits a model to dress as various of his never-published characters and pose for photos and personal appearances. While arranging the details with her, which consists mostly of attempting to find a way to avoid or indefinitely delay paying her, he floats the suggestion that she should move to his little podunk town in upstate New York, live in an apartment that he would arrange for her, and be his mistress. This, while he was on disability and being supported by his wife. His marriage is subject to change without notice, alternately going strong or on the rocks, depending on which is more convenient for him at the moment.

ITEM: While shilling for yet another never-published character, a former military guy turned Spider-Man ripoff, the Prick attached himself to the family of a young Marine who had recently been killed in action, via the comments section of his online obituary, claiming that the character (created months prior) was developed as a tribute and memorial to this young man.

ITEM: After announcing that proceeds from an art auction would be donated to St. Jude Childrens' Hospital, when the auction was canceled, the donated art was neither returned to the donors nor donated to the hospital; it simply vanished, most likely into the Prick's personal collection. This pattern was repeated a number of times, until finally an auction was held at one of the few conventions he actually managed to produce. The hospital never received any of the funds raised at the event, and has never given permission for him to use their name in this way.

ITEM: At the same convention, a costume contest was announced, with fabulous prizes. Some young people showed up with really impressive costumes, but the Prick was too "busy" (bragging about himself) to bother holding the contest. After being extremely dismissive toward the contestants, he grudgingly conceded that they should get prizes and suggested that "maybe we can find some coupons for them or something." As far as we know, they never received anything.

There are dozens of similar examples; these are just the ones I thought of off the top of my head. He is a thoroughly reprehensible approximation of a disgusting human being.

Wow. I don't think I could make up anything about the guy more loathsome or outlandish than the truth without going straight up sci-fi/fantasy and giving him a jetpack fueled on the bone marrow of infants or a ship with a galley of enslaved senior citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ! View Post
    He's probably fuming that he changed his blog to 'private' just a week ago or so.

I'm sure he's got a lot of bullshit to say about the board-move.

Oh, for those who don't know him, he believes he was cameo'd in Iron Man 2.

You know the 'Hey, the Oracle of ORACLE' bit?

Yeah, in Olney's mind, it was 'Hey, the Oracle of ORCA' (ORCA is/was his shitty tiny comic book group, that gave away comics whose numbers increase daily by the hundreds of thousands)

He also believes George Lucas named a Star Wars character after him.

He's THAT delusional.

SERIOUSLY.
    Does he believe that Rick with a silent P from The Young Ones was named after him?
    Living With Insanity - Because why else would you try to make comics?

Gemini Storm - My first published work. Free Issue #3 to anyone who gets their local store to stock the title.
    Just Another Day - Rock stars get killed.

here's a good reference too:
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/06/...rthday-to-you/

That's the latest "I'm going to start paying people I swears!"

Isshh...

Sally was right. I do feel dirty.

And not in the good way...
    Quote Originally Posted by jason hissong View Post
    What happened to the real Kiai?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Kiai View Post
    We switched bodies and then fought to the death.

In the last minutes of his life, he attempted to teach me the valuable lessons of power and responsibility.

I was too busy caving his head in to listen.

Man, he picked on the wrong guy, this time.

He's harassing someone with a bunch of fake legal threats, and this guy is not known for putting up with that sort of bullshit.

This is going to be hugely rewarding!

*makes popcorn*