Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 11 of 594 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Olney: Still does not pay freelancers or anyone else.

Re: Rick Olney: Still the scum of the earth!

That said, Mr. Olney, I would like to see you come here and state your side of this.

With Tolerance For A Full Theater...

GCom

On a tangental note, returning to the issue of The Defendant's claim to having survived Stage 4 cancer last year....

On Wednesday evening of last week, a man I've known for 35 years was checked into the hospital because he was vomiting blood. He underwent tests and they found his stomach was full of blood. They did emergency surgery and they found a large, cancerous tumor. They had to remove his stomach, his spleen and his pancreas. He's still on a breathing tube, is barely conscious. The "tail" of his pancreas (what's left after they removed most of it) still has a tumor. He's been given at least 11 units of blood so far. He will probably be discharged to hospice. He's about 56 years old.

He has Stage 4 cancer.

So don't fucking tell me this is what you survived, you lying piece of shit.

I'm sorry to hear that about your friend, Mac. My thoughts are definitely with him at this time :/
    "There seems to be something in the human condition that makes people dislike people that they think are different. If we could get rid of that, it'd be a better world" - Stan Lee

Also (I think this belongs here. If people think this should be in another thread, I'll move it).

The Olney Toys is giving people problems again.

WARNING: IF YOU WISH TO PRE-ORDER PRODUCTS FROM SHOCKER TOYS, DO NOT DO IT FROM THEIR OWN ONLINE STORE.

They charge IMMEDIATELY via Paypal, meaning if the product doesn't get to you within 45 days, and you then want a refund, you are at their mercy. And Shocker Toys products are NEVER out when they say, so you WILL find yourself in trouble.

Order from a reputable online source, such as bigbadtoystore.com, who only charge when the product comes in.

==========================

This time, the problem centres around........two things.

First of all, the delay of Indie Spotlight Series 2: It's past a year overdue at this stage. Again, Shocker has trotted out another excuse for this that they have used in the past: delayed due to the factory closing down. (Source here: http://www.articulateddiscussion.com...onja-post.aspx)

SDCC exclusive figures. People could pre-order them online at Shocker's site, choosing to pick them up at the show, or pay extra to have them mailed out to them.

People who turned up at SDCC to collect their figures were in for a surprise: no toys were there.

That's right, the toys hadn't arrived.

Those people were then told they had to pay extra there and then, and the toys would be shipped to them 'when they arrived.'

No notice was emailed to people about this, or put on their site. The only thing about it was in a member's section on their forum, not viewable to the general public.

It was said by Shocker that.........*drumroll* the figures were being held by customs. (Making this at LEAST the second time this has happened to them, along with the ship sinking, being turned away by lead paint, Shocker's out of original excuses at this stage). And to expect them to be in Customs for 'up to 3 weeks'.

Then this was shared. This is a post from that section, from a frustrated customer, along with Geoff Beckett's reply (Forum Admin):

'ForumAdmin wrote:

ferdera1 wrote:You explained? I had seen no explanation online or sent to me about this until now from you as a company. I did not manage to make it to the con this year, and already ordered the non-attendee exclusives. And as someone who was not at the con, the only explanation I found was posted by someone who was at the con who posted it on your hated Fwoosh. I have seen no explanation from you here on your own site till now, so do not understand the "As we explained" that information should be on the same place I placed my order shouldn't it?

Now I do understand you are a smaller company, and you run into more starting hiccups because of this, but being smaller getting information out should be easier. I am more upset about not knowing what is going on DIRECTLY FROM YOU than I am about not having the figures.

You guys have this forum, so why keep so quiet?

--
    If you cannot wait for a good product to be released then please email info@shockertoys.com and ask for a refund we will be glad to do that for you. And everyone please note that once you have been refunded you will not be allowed to place pre-orders through our store after that. We do not control the goverment nor can we control what happens. The goods are being held and we wouldn't be suprised if someone caused this by contacting various people. We have seen examples of certain people on (Fwoosh, TNI, AFT, AFI, RTM, Critical Mess and CBR) contacing license holders, Mass stores and others to ensure we have a hard time getting our products out.

We will be starting a new production run to cover the held goods in case they do not get released from the overseas customs authorites. We will be announcing it shortly on our main page.'

----------------------------------------

Now, if the figures are being held in customs, why on earth would you 'start a new production run'? That makes no sense, no company would do that.

And notice the reason for the 'customs' thing: Yes, people from internet forums are behind it!

One of the forums mentioned is CBR, obviously meaning those of us who tangled with him on YABS the first time. Yes, apparently we were involved in this mass conspiracy. How high does our influence go?

In short: BE WARY OF SHOCKER TOYS. DEAL ONLY WITH REPUTABLE ONLINE STORES, NOT SHOCKER'S ONLINE STORE DIRECTLY.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the first series of toys came out in March of last year. Purchasing the entire set meant you could mail away for an exclusive 'Mr Gone' figure from 'The Maxx'. Well, it's now almost 18 months later, and the toy still hasn't been sent out to people, and only two early prototypes have been shown so far (one of which was just a head). So yeah, be wary.
    "There seems to be something in the human condition that makes people dislike people that they think are different. If we could get rid of that, it'd be a better world" - Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by MacQuarrie View Post
    On a tangental note, returning to the issue of The Defendant's claim to having survived Stage 4 cancer last year....

On Wednesday evening of last week, a man I've known for 35 years was checked into the hospital because he was vomiting blood. He underwent tests and they found his stomach was full of blood. They did emergency surgery and they found a large, cancerous tumor. They had to remove his stomach, his spleen and his pancreas. He's still on a breathing tube, is barely conscious. The "tail" of his pancreas (what's left after they removed most of it) still has a tumor. He's been given at least 11 units of blood so far. He will probably be discharged to hospice. He's about 56 years old.

He has Stage 4 cancer.

oh Jesus... I'm sorry to read this Mac.

My best to your friend.

Right Guy

Quote Originally Posted by MacQuarrie View Post

He has Stage 4 cancer.

I'm so sorry for your friend, Mac. Please know I'll keep hime in my prayers.

It's news like that, and how much emotional damage you've left in your wake, pRick, that make people want to see you disappear from the industry forever. And yes, we know you read this. Just like we know you're probably saying to yourself

"Awww, Mac's friend is sick. Talk about just desserts".

And it's that attitude, where you think you did nothing wrong, that will make us never forget and never let you have a moment's peace as long as you're trying to scam,screw over, and disrespect another innocent person.

Karma is a bitch, pRick. And when it hits you, expect to receive the same level of sympathy you gave.

None at all.

From the stuff I've read here about Shocker Toys, I thought their actual toys would look like piles of poo in a bucket. But when I saw their booth at Toronto, the toys themselves looked kind of neat. I don't collect action figures and I saw several I wouldnt mind owning. I am not an expert though, I don't know anything about durability or any of that.

But the way they treat customers is appalling. Amazing that they are still in business talking to paying customers like that.

I don't want ANYONE, including Rick, to get cancer. Being a deadbeat with personality disorders doesn't mean you deserve cancer.

I'm very sorry about your friend, Mac.

Right Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Linkara View Post
    Kind of, but I fear Olney would still interpret it as a positive reference to his "organization."

Plus there's already a DC character named Orca... though I think she's dead. XD
    Yes, there is. She's the one that pRick INSISTS his club was the "inspiration" for. That they created her to "honor" him and all his hard work.

How's this for an even better idea... Instead of Hawkeye being the one to call Orca a lame character, we get Whedon to have it said by Stan Lee in his cameo.

Stan Lee calling ORCA lame.... Heh heh. A nightmare come true for pRick.

I think this interview is still hilarious.

The bullshit he is slinging, even way back when, makes me laugh. He thought he was Stan Lee, but he's more like Miss Piggy on a bender.

ttp://www.mightycrusaders.net/interviews/olney.htm