Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 437 of 594 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 5932

Thread: Rick Olney: Still does not pay freelancers or anyone else.

Grifter

Re: Rick Olney: Still does not pay freelancers or anyone else.

Yep. Lucasfilm doesn't have a sense of humor, Rick. And they don't give a crap what your motivations are. You obey the Cease and Desist, or suffer the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by OzBat! View Post
    Yep. Lucasfilm doesn't have a sense of humor, Rick. And they don't give a crap what your motivations are. You obey the Cease and Desist, or suffer the consequences.
    And if he sold maps in violation of C&D and sent any across state lines...isn't it then a federal issue? Trafficking in stolen goods or mail fraud?
    Love comics? Love humor? Love hot redheads (of both sexes?)
    http://thevariants.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    Matt Doc Martin has become the voice of reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post
    People should listen to Matt.
    Every tax-paying citizen deserves the right to marry the person they love. Americans who vote to deny other Americans a right they themselves enjoy should have that right taken away from them.

What do I think of you? In my head it is 10 minutes in the future and I am pissing on your corpse. Any other questions?

Lucasfilms is not some guy on the internet that will get tired of dealing with Rick and let things slide. They have in-house lawyers that are paid to deal with guys like Rick.

Look on the bright side. Maybe Rick can share a cell with his good friend Benny Leal.

Chiseler

Matt, I'm glad you're doing well, but at this point I'd just forward the emails to Lucasfilm and wash your hands of the situation. Interacting with him more is just what he wants.

Right Guy

I agree with Deegan. Rick needs to see what will happen.

First of all, he can't donate a dime of that money to anybody, because the C&D order clearly advises him to return the maps AND any funds collected for the sale of them. Let him give all 600 bucks away! Then he'll still be in the hole for that money to LucasFilm. So really all that happened as far as a judge would be concerned is that Rick gave $600.00 of his own money away after paying the same amount to LucasFilm. They won't care about a donation to anybody after reading those emails.

Matt, if you have a copy of the Cease & Desist letter, I suggest faxing or emailing it to the Herkimer County Sheriff's Office for them to assist you and LucasFilm in physically going to Rick's house to collect what is now considered to be stolen property. You have proof to provide that Rick has no intention of returning said property unless you jump through ridiculous and blatantly unlawful hoops. That's makes him culpable in quite a few charges, up to and including possible blackmail charges.

Per their website, the Herkimer County Sheriff's Department info is:

Sheriff's Office

Address:

320 North Main Street
    Herkimer, NY 13350

Phone: Courthouse 315-867-1167 Correctional Facility - 315-867-1252

Fax: Courthouse - 315-867-1354 Correctional Facility - 315-867-1263

Officials:

Sheriff Christopher P Farber
    Phone: 315-867-1167

Undersheriff George Treen Jr.
    Phone: 315-867-1167

Captain Thomas McGrail
    Phone: 315-867-1252

I would suggest go straight to the top at first and start with Sheriff Farber. If he gets involved, he'll have deputies at that house going top to bottom looking for those maps.

AND TO EVERYBODY ELSE! If that does happen, I would suggest anyone else who knows of any other items Rick may posess of dubious origins also contact the sheriff's office. For example: Any of the donated auction items for the famous St. Jude auction that never happened. Provide Sheriff Farber with a list and show Rick's history of this type of behavior, and proof that these items were last in the hands of Olney.

AND TO YOU, RICKY POO-POO!! Don't try to hide the items in Whitesboro, or pretend you don't know what their talking about because everybody on the Internet is a hating troll. You're well known in the law enforcement circles in The Mohawk Valley. Spouting your usual rhetoric is just going to make you look crazier than you usually do. If you tell them you don't know what they're talking about when they've been given your own emails, then remember they cook with a fair amount of salt in meals at the county jail and you're on that low sodium diet you ignore. If you try to tell them you sent all the stuff back, then you'll need to provide proof of that. If you try to fake it, remember receipts aren't usually written in crayon.

Really, Rick. The best advise I can give you is the advise you've never listened to once a day in your life. STOP LYING AND DO THE RIGHT THING. But if you had ever listen to that advise and not the voice of your over-inflated ego you NEVER would have found yourself where your life is RIGHT NOW: Hated by thousands of people who've never even met you. Vilified and made an outcast of the very industry you desperately wanted to be a part of. Afraid to answer the door at every knock for fear of it being police to deal with the wasteland full of legal and criminal deeds you've done. And unable to post your lies, rantings, and insults on better people for fear of having it used against you tie and again by smarter, better people in the comics community.

Get used to that, Rick. If you were to drop dead today, remeber that is YOUR LEGACY to the world. And like Matt crafted those maps with time and care to create something positive, YOU were the one who crafted that legacy you leave behind.

Chiseler

Hi Matt. Hope the crazy busy is a good crazy.

A few thoughts/questions.

You said that Rick is claiming to have sold 10 maps. Can you please share how many you gave him in total of the 255 maps made? I think the more information written out for all to see will benefit everyone in their desire to get the maps back to you as well as making sure the veterans charity receive their money.

Also have you picked out a charity yet for the maps you sold? I think getting their name and the amount you are giving them out would be helpful. We could make sure all the various comic news websites are aware of it and it will really put your name in a positive light and at the same time exposing Rick's criminal actions even further to a larger audience.

Lastly I assume the emails sent to you are all being forwarded to LucasFilm? I know it's the most obvious thing to do, which in at least my case means it's the thing we sometimes forget to do the most. I would not reply to anything else he writes, it only enables his need for confrontation. Lawyers alone should be the ones speaking to Rick from now on.

Good luck.

Chiseler

Also I just remembered, we've passed the date (November 11? 16?) Rick claimed he would be making a public donation of $1000 to St. Jude.

Found his claim.

$1k donation being made to this outstanding effort for a charitable cause that I have long supported. I'll be contacting the people I know at St. JudeChildren's Hospital before the end of the month to make them aware of this pledge to donate to the above. Official confirmation will be shared with readers of this blog after November 15, 2011.

Sincerely,
    Rick Olney
    July 7, 2011

I don't care what happens to Rick. He's just trying to avoid the legal trouble he so richly deserves.

But I feel terrible about two things;

1) that Matt's lovely art and dream to make these maps got hijacked by this disgusting, despicable man. I wish Matt had never heard of this guy.

2) and that the money that this could have raised isn't going where it belongs because of one repulsive vernin's ego.

As I'm quite certain that Lucasfilms is used to sending out C&D letters.. wouldn't they have sent it where a signature or something was needed? It's too easy to say "I didn't get one?!"... but if someone signed for it... that argument flies right out the window... doesn't it? I'm no lawyer... but that would seem fairly commonplace for such an order being sent.

And once again... "If you publicly flay yourself on the public common... declaring that I am a good guy, and didn't participate in any shenanigans... and that I am above board... totally honest... a good guy... THEN and ONLY then will I do as I've already been ordered to do. If you don't... then I'll keep the maps hostage until cow's fly! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"....

What an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by JTPencils View Post
    And once again... "If you publicly flay yourself on the public common... declaring that I am a good guy, and didn't participate in any shenanigans... and that I am above board... totally honest... a good guy... THEN and ONLY then will I do as I've already been ordered to do. If you don't... then I'll keep the maps hostage until cow's fly! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"....

What an ass.
    I'm surprised he didn't offer to send Matt one his "super-dooper, handy-dandy, no-fault, don't-blame-me, you can't say anything" contracts that he wants everyone else he cheated to sign.
    Avatar art by Rich Stahnke of Tin Star Studios
    -------------------
    The coward known as Richard "Rick" L. Olney II still owes at least $35,502.76 to people who worked for him, & allegedly sells stolen goods.