35 13.94%

6 2.39%

1 0.40%

1 0.40%

0 0%

2 0.80%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 330 of 643 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 6421

Thread: THE AVENGERS: In Theatres May 4, 2012

Re: THE AVENGERS: In Theatres May 4, 2012

Been watching the solo flicks in preparation.

Really enjoyed Sam Rockwell in Iron Man II as just this completely ineffectual nerdy Stark wannabe. That was pretty damn funny and pathetic in the best way possible.

Kind of reminded me of Lex Luthor in the old superman films.

(Thor and Cap next)
    I get this all the time. They say, "You really hate Daredevil. Look how mean you are to Daredevil." I'm like, "Would you really buy a book about him enjoying a sandwich? 'What a great sandwich. I'm going to eat this for 22 pages, and I'm going to be so happy.'" I may do it just to prove a point. Have Wolverine going, "This is the best bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich I've ever had in my life!"

-Brian Bendis

It was alright.

Hulk definitely stole the show and he is almost exactly the same as 2003 ILM Hulk. The way he lumbers around, his breathing, animation and stature. Only difference is he's a bit smaller and more ape like but pretty much identical, which I love. Funny thing is people like to shit on Ang Lee Hulk but love this version, it's the same Hulk with new make-up. Anyway, The movie could've used more original/better action scenes and less "witty" banter. Whedon utilized Cap a lot better in this but I still can't get into Evans and Johansen in their rolls. Just bad casting. The pacing was off for me and some other stuff, but overall nothing majorly bad and nothing great either. Actually, one Hulk scene was pretty great. haha

3/5

Loved it. They managed to give everyone decent amounts of screen time without any character over shadowing the rest. It felt like a Whedon movie too. Similar humour to Buffy/Angel/Firefly. Would watch it again in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Huerta View Post
    It was alright.

Hulk definitely stole the show and he is almost exactly the same as 2003 ILM Hulk. The way he lumbers around, his breathing, animation and stature. Only difference is he's a bit smaller and more ape like but pretty much identical, which I love. Funny thing is people like to shit on Ang Lee Hulk but love this version, it's the same Hulk with new make-up. Anyway, The movie could've used more original/better action scenes and less "witty" banter. Whedon utilized Cap a lot better in this but I still can't get into Evans and Johansen in their rolls. Just bad casting. The pacing was off for me and some other stuff, but overall nothing majorly bad and nothing great either. Actually, one Hulk scene was pretty great. haha

3/5
    Opinions and all, but I couldn't disagree more in the history of disagreeing with things.

Maybe it's the nerd in me, but holy shit I could not point to a single part of this movie and go ehhh, I could have done without that. There were so many parts of this movie that is just balls out awesome. While I was sure that Tony was going to steal the movie (and he has some awesome lines and comedy moments), the Hulk really shines in this movie. There's at least three scenes that will catch you off guard and if you're drinking a soda be prepared to choke or spit it all over whoever's around you. So safety warning. If the Hulk is on screen, just leave your drinks down

The best time I've had watching a movie in a LONG damn time. I've seen it twice already and I'm ready to watch it again.

Honestly if you're a comic fan and you don't like this movie, or find it wanting, then you should probably just give up on watching comic book movies. Because whatever you're looking for or expecting to happen in a comic movie just isn't gonna to happen for you.

I plan on seeing this multiple times again in the theater next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by brianhalpin View Post
    Loved it. They managed to give everyone decent amounts of screen time without any character over shadowing the rest. It felt like a Whedon movie too. Similar humour to Buffy/Angel/Firefly. Would watch it again in a heartbeat.
    I was definitely getting an Angel/Spike vibe from Cap/Tony. Cap being the older level headed guy trying to do the right thing, and Tony was all snark, disrespect, and metaphorically sticking his finger up at everything Cap believed was right.

It was so great.

Also how great was Cobie Smulders? Super great!
    AIM ID : ashpcomics | Website |Blog | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by A.Huerta View Post
    It was alright.

3/5
    Oh, Lordy, prepare to be skinned alive. Have you seen the replies all over the net to any film critic or movie fan who gives the film anything less than a full- on rave review? Whedon worshippers are a scary bunch, and now that their deity is validated by what's sure-to-be his first actual mainstream hit-after a string of TV flops and a film that tanked-the fans are unbearable.

Hard Boiled

I'm still cautiously optimistic. I've never been one to like movies based solely on cool set pieces and actions scenes, but I'm such a comic nerd, just seeing these characters together in said set pieces and action scenes kinda supersedes that. I like Whedon, but am not a "brown coat" by any shakes.

I predict that my fanboyishness will make me bust a nut all over this movie the first time I see it, but it won't be as much fun on rewatches and continue to have diminishing returns... Like the Matrix or the Lord of the Rings films. Hopefully, I'm wrong and there's more depth than I'm expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burgos View Post
    Oh, Lordy, prepare to be skinned alive. Have you seen the replies all over the net to any film critic or movie fan who gives the film anything less than a full- on rave review? Whedon worshippers are a scary bunch, and now that their deity is validated by what's sure-to-be his first actual mainstream hit-after a string of TV flops and a film that tanked-the fans are unbearable.
    For me it has nothing to do with Whedon or blindly following his movies. Dollhouse was pretty MEH IMO.

This is just a great comic book movie. I don't care if the guy that did Twilight wrote and directed it. Writer or director has no impact whatsoever on if I thought a movie was ok, or awesome. Great writers and directors put out crap and crap writers and directors can put out greatness from time to time.

But yeah I've seen what you're talking about already, and there is a huge section of fans out there that are going to tear into anyone that doesn't agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burgos View Post
    Shitty reviews and different opinions are fine, but do you know who Joss Whedon is? You do realize he wrote Toy Story and is an uncredited script doctor on a ton of successful films. And Buffy and Angel were not flops. All writers in Hollywood pretty much have a batting average that's less than his. The only reason his "flops" are so known is because his fans are so vocal about saving them. Him DIRECTING Avengers changes things for him, not him WRITING it. He's about as successful as anyone can be in Holllywood as a writer. H'll just reach a new audience now.

Bash the movie, bash Whedon all you want, but be accurate about it.