35 13.94%

6 2.39%

1 0.40%

1 0.40%

0 0%

2 0.80%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 254 of 643 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 6421

Thread: THE AVENGERS: In Theatres May 4, 2012

Re: THE AVENGERS: In Theatres May 4, 2012

Edit: the Ghost Riders actually featured scores, not soundtracks.
    - mike

Quote Originally Posted by silverboy
    Yuck!!!

Why do Marvel movie soundtracks always suck? Especially when superhero films are always better with an instrumental score.

Daredevil, the Fantastic Fours, the Blades, the Spider-Mans, Elektra, Ghost Rider, the Punishers...all are dated with really shitty soundtracks. It immediately makes a film not timeless.

Marvel was doing a nice job of breaking this tradition with Iron Man, Cap, Thor and TIH.
    The Foo Fighters song at the end of Thor was terrible.
    It's a bit like having sex with a jellyfish: once might an interesting experiment, twice would be perversion!
    -Grant Morrison

You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from.
    -Cormac McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by silverboy View Post
    Yuck!!!

Why do Marvel movie soundtracks always suck? Especially when superhero films are always better with an instrumental score.
    Avengers is going to have an instrumental score - they long ago announced that Alan Silvestri (Captain America, Back to the Future, Forest Gump, Predator) was working on it.

Pretty sure all of the movies you listed had instrumental scores (I know the Spider-Man movies had Danny Elfman scores), though - they just also had certain scenes that featured pop songs in place of the score. But based on Whedon's comments about the music he wants in the film, I very much doubt this Soundgarden song will have the same kind of prominence that, say, Evanescence had in Daredevil. I'll be very surprised if it's used for anything more than the credits (like the Foo Fighters song in Thor).
    Last edited by David Aspmo; 03-27-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    "Wait, it's [pronounced] 'Auss-mo', and that 'P' is silent?! Oh, eff you!" - Brian Michael Bendis

Hard Boiled

Quote Originally Posted by David Aspmo View Post
    Avengers is going to have an instrumental score - they long ago announced that Alan Silvestri (Captain America, Back to the Future, Forest Gump,Predator) was working on it.

Pretty sure all of the movies you listed had instrumental scores (I know the Spider-Man movies had Danny Elfman scores), though - they just also had certain scenes that featured pop songs in place of the score. But based on Whedon's comments about the music he wants in the film, I very much doubt this Soundgarden song will have the same kind of prominence in the film that, say, Evanescence had in Daredevil. I'll be very surprised if it's used for anything more than the credits (like the Foo Fighters song in Thor).
    Every time I hear someone mention Evanescence, I immediately think of those scenes in Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by silverboy View Post
    Yuck!!!

Daredevil, the Fantastic Fours, the Blades, the Spider-Mans, Elektra, Ghost Rider, the Punishers...all are dated with really shitty soundtracks. It immediately makes a film not timeless.

Marvel was doing a nice job of breaking this tradition with Iron Man, Cap, Thor and TIH.
    None of these songs will be in the actual movie. The credits, maybe, but that's nothing new. Look at the Hunger Games soundtrack. Full of indie bands, but none of them are in the actual movie. These "Music inspired by _______" soundtracks aren't really "soundtracks".

It's all just a lame way to sell more shit. But as far as affecting the movie, I'm not worried.

Quote Originally Posted by dougmac

The Foo Fighters song at the end of Thor was terrible.
    That "terrible" song won a Grammy.

I really wish it was a bigger deal. With like a Thor-centric music video. I miss those.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFlack View Post

I really wish it was a bigger deal. With like a Thor-centric music video. I miss those.
    "Walk" is my favorite song off that album. I really dug it.

Foo Fighters videos are consistently fun. To the point that they are distracting to the music. But maybe that is the point of music videos in general.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFlack View Post

a lot of music wins Grammy's, doesn't mean it's all good
    It's a bit like having sex with a jellyfish: once might an interesting experiment, twice would be perversion!
    -Grant Morrison

You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from.
    -Cormac McCarthy

I love the bridge to "Walk," but the rest of it is middle-of-the-road for the Foo Fighters.

There are some strong tunes on their new album. My favorite is "Arlandria."
    - mike