BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

View Poll Results: Rate: THE AVENGERS

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10

    127 50.60%
  • 9

    79 31.47%
  • 8

    35 13.94%
  • 7

    6 2.39%
  • 6

    1 0.40%
  • 5

    1 0.40%
  • 4

    0 0%
  • 3

    2 0.80%
  • 2

    0 0%
  • 1

    0 0%
Page 200 of 643 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 6421

Thread: THE AVENGERS: In Theatres May 4, 2012

  1. #1991
    Kedd's Dummy Account capntightpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    32,798

    Re: THE AVENGERS: In Theatres May 4, 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by stephenp01 View Post
    Yeah it's a small miracle that none of these movies tanked the way GL did. If IM had been the only successful franchise I don't know if they would have gone forward with the Avengers movie.
    Except GL sucked.

  2. #1992
    Hard Boiled RickLM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rust Belt USA
    Posts
    12,736

    Re: THE AVENGERS: In Theatres May 4, 2012

    I think Aubrey Plaza should be Scarlet Johansen's stunt double for the really sarcastic scenes.

  3. #1993
    Right Guy stephenp01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chattanooga,TN
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by capntightpants

    Except GL sucked.
    Well there is that.

  4. #1994
    Gunsel KSChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    4,875

    Re: THE AVENGERS: In Theatres May 4, 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by stephenp01 View Post
    Yeah it's a small miracle that none of these movies tanked the way GL did. If IM had been the only successful franchise I don't know if they would have gone forward with the Avengers movie.
    Well, they kind of wrote themselves into a corner, though.. because the buildup to The Avengers has been the backbone of all these movies.

    So even if Cap or Thor tanked, the Avengers was already in development.. it was too late at that point.

    Now if Iron Man had tanked.. then yeah, thatd be that.

  5. #1995
    Made
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    8,485

    Re: THE AVENGERS: In Theatres May 4, 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by dougmac View Post
    That's a different arguement though. I agree with that, I just don't thinly the public will be ad excited by the shared universe concept even if they like the execution
    Okay, now that I fully grasp what you've been saying all along, I still disagree.
    EMBERS

    A Film I'm Currently Making!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTgogw-M8lU

    A spy story set against the backdrop of an Indian arranged marriage!

  6. #1996
    Gunsel KSChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    4,875

    Re: THE AVENGERS: In Theatres May 4, 2012

    The shared universe aspect is one of the biggest sells to the average public..

    That's all I hear from my non-comic reading friends.. "that's so cool that they're bringing all these movies together!"

    I mean, they don't really understand why Batman and Spider-Man aren't in it.. .. but baby steps.

  7. #1997
    Made
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    8,485

    Re: THE AVENGERS: In Theatres May 4, 2012

    Will Black Widow have a line about lightning and toads?
    EMBERS

    A Film I'm Currently Making!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTgogw-M8lU

    A spy story set against the backdrop of an Indian arranged marriage!

  8. #1998
    Right Guy stephenp01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chattanooga,TN
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by KSChris

    Well, they kind of wrote themselves into a corner, though.. because the buildup to The Avengers has been the backbone of all these movies.

    So even if Cap or Thor tanked, the Avengers was already in development.. it was too late at that point.

    Now if Iron Man had tanked.. then yeah, thatd be that.
    Good point.

  9. #1999
    Made
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    8,485

    Re: THE AVENGERS: In Theatres May 4, 2012

    I can't wait for a couple months after the film opens when we're bound to hear stuff like "they had no script when they shot the film" or "the working conditions were not good, it's a constant barrage of movies that we have to do in a row" or "we were underpaid by Marvel" or "Whedon will not return for sequel due to creative differences", etc.
    EMBERS

    A Film I'm Currently Making!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTgogw-M8lU

    A spy story set against the backdrop of an Indian arranged marriage!

  10. #2000
    Hard Boiled dougmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    14,348

    Re: THE AVENGERS: In Theatres May 4, 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by KSChris View Post
    The shared universe aspect is one of the biggest sells to the average public..

    That's all I hear from my non-comic reading friends.. "that's so cool that they're bringing all these movies together!"

    I mean, they don't really understand why Batman and Spider-Man aren't in it.. .. but baby steps.
    see the people I talk to that aren't comics fans dont care, but me and my friends that are comics fans love it. I think it's also fascinating from a business perspective too, but again that wont interest most of the general public
    It's a bit like having sex with a jellyfish: once might an interesting experiment, twice would be perversion!
    -Grant Morrison

    You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from.
    -Cormac McCarthy

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •