BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The setup to JMS's year long Superman arc...

The setup to JMS's year long Superman arc...

...is one of the most hackneyed Super-plots I've ever read, and a copy of a Supergirl arc from last year.

Spoiler space...

Spoiler:
    So I just read Superman #700, and I'm pissed. Seriously, a selfish woman gets pissed off that Superman didn't diagnose her husbands cancer while he was saving the planet, and that gets him so melancholy that he walks around the country? Really?

I so wanted to Superman to say to that lady, "Y'know what else would have helped your husband? An X-Ray machine. It's not my job to go around looking inside everyone's body for cancer. Did you ask me for help? No! What, am I supposed to go around invading everyone's privacy to see if they were going to die soon? Now, excuse me, I have to go stop Lex Luthor from blowing something up."

And there already was a great Supergirl vs Cancer arc last year!

Stupid, stupid JMS.

Re: The setup to JMS's year long Superman arc...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFlack View Post
    ...is one of the most hackneyed Super-plots I've ever read, and a copy of a Supergirl arc from last year.

Spoiler:
    So I just read Superman #700, and I'm pissed. Seriously, a selfish woman gets pissed off that Superman didn't diagnose her husbands cancer while he was saving the planet, and that gets him so melancholy that he walks around the country? Really?

I so wanted to Superman to say to that lady, "Y'know what else would have helped your husband? An X-Ray machine. It's not my job to go around looking inside everyone's body for cancer. Did you ask me for help? No! What, am I supposed to go around invading everyone's privacy to see if they were going to die soon? Now, excuse me, I have to go stop Lex Luthor from blowing something up."

Stupid, stupid JMS.
    http://www.grayhavencomics.com/
    "A wonderful anthology full of exciting new talents. BUY THIS BOOK!"- GAIL SIMONE

http://www.grayhavencomics.com

http://twitter.com/#!/GatheringComic

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    I wonder if DC was scared to tell JMS that Superboy or Supergirl could do the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFlack View Post

Spoiler:

Stupid, stupid JMS.
    There was this great Christmas issue of Superman that I had forgotten about where something very similar to this happens. Superman gets a letter from a boy who wants him to save his dad who's dying of, I actually think it was cancer. Superman arrives at the hospital and says, "I may be Superman, but I can't do everything, no matter how I wish I could." regardless of the boy screaming at him.

What kind of makes this worse is the fact that even if Superman was around and even if this woman had somehow managed to contact Superman to inform him of her husband's cancer, could he have REALLY cured him anyway?

That's pretty bad, not gonna lie.
    Follow me @Marcdachamp on Twitter

Hopefully his walk across america is to see just how stupid people are & set them straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by I Heart John Galt
    i also heart brian defferding

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Midnight Nation a bit?

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan the Shaggy

There was this great Christmas issue of Superman that I had forgotten about where something very similar to this happens. Superman gets a letter from a boy who wants him to save his dad who's dying of, I actually think it was cancer. Superman arrives at the hospital and says, "I may be Superman, but I can't do everything, no matter how I wish I could." regardless of the boy screaming at him.

What kind of makes this worse is the fact that even if Superman was around and even if this woman had somehow managed to contact Superman to inform him of her husband's cancer, could he have REALLY cured him anyway?
    JMS thinks so.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!

Banned

as a huge JMS fan. i'm going to give it a few issues before passing judgement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tstrapac View Post
    Midnight Nation a bit?
    lol