BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Guitarded: A thread for Guitar players

Re: Guitarded: A thread for Guitar players

Quote Originally Posted by WTFWNFD View Post
    I have a similar set up.

I have an '86 Silverbust Les Paul Custom. Heaviest guitar I've ever played. But everybody who has ever played has agreed it is the best guitar they have ever played.

I also have a Vox AC30TB (it is actually my wife's. It was her engagement ring )

My favorite amp is my old 15 watt tube Vox Berkley II Super Reverb Twin

That is SWEET!

I'm playing acoustic only right now. I have a black Art & Lutherie. I really like it.
    http://www.artandlutherieguitars.com...edarblack.html

Quote Originally Posted by web_head02 View Post
    I was going to start a thread like this but I searched and found this so here we go. I was just curious who else here plays guitar and kind of looking for tips for a beginner.

I just started playing as a hobby. I've always wanted to play an instrument since I was a kid but I didn't have the money so I kind of gave up on it early. I went to art school and like a lot of my peers I'm in a monotonous job at the moment that is very boring but it pays well. I've been in search of something new as a creative outlet, so here I am. I'm just learning the basics right now. I bought my first guitar a few days ago and I'm going to start lessons over the weekend.
    If you haven't already, check out this site. Tons of really great (and free) lessons and information:

http://www.justinguitar.com/

Quote Originally Posted by johnny whiplash View Post
    If you haven't already, check out this site. Tons of really great (and free) lessons and information:

http://www.justinguitar.com/
    Cool! Thanks. I found some other resources online but this looks like a good one

I wish I knew how to use tapping for texture, ala Minus the Bear. I'm still stuck in that Rhodes/EVH tapping as a tool for solos thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shel Silverstein
    Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    My Mind's Eye

GODFATHER

Quote Originally Posted by web_head02 View Post
    I was going to start a thread like this but I searched and found this so here we go. I was just curious who else here plays guitar and kind of looking for tips for a beginner.

I just started playing as a hobby. I've always wanted to play an instrument since I was a kid but I didn't have the money so I kind of gave up on it early. I went to art school and like a lot of my peers I'm in a monotonous job at the moment that is very boring but it pays well. I've been in search of something new as a creative outlet, so here I am. I'm just learning the basics right now. I bought my first guitar a few days ago and I'm going to start lessons over the weekend.
    Very cool, man. I'm sure lessons will get you all fixed up. I was broke when I first got a guitar at a garage sale, so I could only pay for one lesson. But awesomely, that lesson taught me everything I needed to get started. He gave me a list of the basic chords, notes, scales. And taught me "Knockin on Heaven's Door." This was before internet so it was really helpful.

Anyway, one tip: start writing songs now, if that's something you're interested in. I wrote some cool stuff when I had no idea what I was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSparker View Post
    They are pretty awesome. I bought it years ago and never really needed anything else since.

:thunb:

I had no idea there were that many players on the board.

I play guitar and bass. I've been a semi professional bass player locally for several years. I play guitar at home and in church. There are just too many guitar players to compete with in bands and everybody's looking for a bass player.

For guitar influences, my Mount Rushmore would include David Gilmour, Phil Collen, EVH, and Vernon Reid. With Eric Johnson just off to the side

Anyway my bass rig is a Modulus Flea bass through an Ampeg SVT4 through the SVT810AV cab. No effects just straight goodness.

My guitar rig changes like the wind. My main guitars are an 88 Strat I've had forever, a MIM Strat:

Yes that's my Cap replica shield hanging next to it.

And I have my dads 57 Duosonic that I got after he passed away:

My amp is a Fender Blues Junior. And I love pedals so I've got a few of those.

Thanks to TheKraken for the awesome sig!!

Wooing the Lady Sif and covering for Thor since 1983!

Quote Originally Posted by Patton View Post
    Very cool, man. I'm sure lessons will get you all fixed up. I was broke when I first got a guitar at a garage sale, so I could only pay for one lesson. But awesomely, that lesson taught me everything I needed to get started. He gave me a list of the basic chords, notes, scales. And taught me "Knockin on Heaven's Door." This was before internet so it was really helpful.

Anyway, one tip: start writing songs now, if that's something you're interested in. I wrote some cool stuff when I had no idea what I was doing.
    Wow that sounds like some lesson. I learned all the scales I know on my own so far but man that's awesome he taught you Knocking on Heaven's Door.

Quote Originally Posted by Beta_Ray_Bryan View Post
    I had no idea there were that many players on the board.

I play guitar and bass. I've been a semi professional bass player locally for several years. I play guitar at home and in church. There are just too many guitar players to compete with in bands and everybody's looking for a bass player.

For guitar influences, my Mount Rushmore would include David Gilmour, Phil Collen, EVH, and Vernon Reid. With Eric Johnson just off to the side

Anyway my bass rig is a Modulus Flea bass through an Ampeg SVT4 through the SVT810AV cab. No effects just straight goodness.

My guitar rig changes like the wind. My main guitars are an 88 Strat I've had forever, a MIM Strat:

Yes that's my Cap replica shield hanging next to it.

And I have my dads 57 Duosonic that I got after he passed away:

My amp is a Fender Blues Junior. And I love pedals so I've got a few of those.
    That's a sweet collection of guitar Beta_Ray

Thanks!

Thanks to TheKraken for the awesome sig!!

Wooing the Lady Sif and covering for Thor since 1983!