BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Norman Osborne really a...?

Is Norman Osborne really a...?

Ok...this is far far out in left field but sometimes with comics nothing ever really is.

I was listening to Comic Couch for 3/28/10 (around the 19 min point) and one of the hosts tried to give a theory that Norman Osborne is really a Skrull.

I don't exactly buy it because of the mental instability that he has shown ever since Thunderbolts that his Goblin persona was fighting to get back in control. Nor the genocide that a Skrull would commit on his own race.

HOWEVER...the host of the show did point out that

- we never really see what happened to all of the Skrulls left behind after SI getting rounded up.

- there is some dissent among the ranks of Skrulls about the the Invasion was run so they conspired to kill the Queen and take control of the human defense force (H.A.M.M.E.R.)

- there is never really an explanation on where Norman got the Skrull gun he used to kill the Queen.

it's waaaaay out there and nothing to get bent out of shape over, but it may be a fun theory to kick around with for a bit.

Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”

Re: Is Norman Osborne really a...?

Man, I hope not. Bendis has done a nice job of showing he's a guy literally haunted by his own demons. The Skrull move would kind of undercut all that.
    Originally Posted by Glixy:
    I'm not sure if you're middle aged, but the only things I know about you are your avatar picture, and that you are a lawyer, so I picture you as some kind of cross between K. Richards, and L. Hutz.

I just want an explanation for that hair. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by masculine todd
    yeah but shut up everyone they got bin laden
    Visit my website: http://chicksontheright.com/

Chiseler

I haven't read any Marvel books since Secret Invasion, but this would make me happy simply because it negates Norman coming back fromt he dead at the end of the Clone Saga. I like the idea of Norman dead and a Skrull that thinks he's Norman ever since.

Of course, I'm probably the only one.
    Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

No way. Everybody involved knows what a bullshit reveal that would be.
    Click on AM/UK Banner for Rock n' Comix:

He was originally one of my top suspects during Secret Invasion, but now? Not a chance.

Besides, it wouldn't make any sense within Secret Invastion given Reed Richard's skrull detection device.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim T. View Post
    Man, I hope not. Bendis has done a nice job of showing he's a guy literally haunted by his own demons. The Skrull move would kind of undercut all that.
    I think I have to agree...this is part of why I posted this. I think Norm being a Skrull would be a bit of a cheat for this whole run on the other hand, with the lack of 'big name' Marvel Character besides Spider-Woman during the SI run would be something we never saw coming.

Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”

Quote Originally Posted by afroloq View Post
    ...this is part of why I posted this.
    The other part is because you start a thread for every thought that enters your head.

Quote Originally Posted by afroloq View Post
    - there is never really an explanation on where Norman got the Skrull gun he used to kill the Queen.
    There was actually.

Deadpool and Fury had a plan. Osborn stole the gun from Deadpool, which led to Deadpool going after Norman since he ruined his chance at being the hero.
    Last edited by Cth; 03-30-2010 at 07:12 AM.
    52 Books in 2011
    52 Books in 2012
    52 Books in 2013

Guardians of the Galaxy

- Travis W. Howard