BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Year old boy to be charged as adult in double homicide

12 Year old boy to be charged as adult in double homicide

(CNN) -- A judge in Pennsylvania has denied a request from a 12-year-old homicide suspect to have his case transferred to juvenile court.

Jordan Brown is facing adult charges in the February 2009 shooting death of his father's pregnant girlfriend, and a judge turned down a petition to have the case transferred from criminal to juvenile court.

Police have said the boy, then 11, shot Kenzie Marie Houk, who was eight months' pregnant, once at point-blank range in her farmhouse in western Pennsylvania.

He has been charged with one count each of criminal homicide and homicide of an unborn child in the death of Houk, 26, Lawrence County District Attorney John Bongivengo said.

Houk's 4-year-old daughter found her mother in her bed, according to police. The child alerted landscapers working near the home, who then called authorities.

"This is something that you wouldn't even think of in your worst nightmare, that you'd have to charge an 11-year-old with homicide," Bongivengo told CNN affiliate WTAE-TV in Pittsburgh at the time of the killing. "It's heinous, the whole situation."

Under Pennsylvania law, anyone over 10 accused of murder or homicide is charged as an adult. If convicted, the boy faces a maximum sentence of life in prison, Bongivengo said.

Authorities said the boy is the son of the victim's live-in boyfriend at the home in Wampum, about 35 miles northwest of Pittsburgh.

"At this point, we don't believe it's accidental," Bongivengo said.

The weapon was a youth model 20-gauge shotgun, designed for use by children, that belonged to the boy, according to investigators.

Link
    Come see what Pop Culture Uncovered is all about.

Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”

The OTHER Summers Brother Adrian B AWESOME's Avatar

Re: 12 Year old boy to be charged as adult in double homicide

Double your homicide, double your thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by joepineapples View Post
    Why include a review from Wired? That rag has turned into a government, military-industrial propaganda machine.

how the hell?

hahaha

So heinous had to post it twice!
    Come see what Pop Culture Uncovered is all about.

Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”

Rube

So, why do they make "youth model" shot guns? This would be a case where I would both charge the father of the boy for allowing his 11 year old to own a gun and then go after whoever the fuck decided to make and distribute "youth model" firearms. Is there a NRA for kids?

The Pennsylvania law and the concept of youth-model shotguns are both outrageously stupid.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The Pennsylvania law and the concept of youth-model shotguns are both outrageously stupid.
    I don't think the law is stupid. If children are going to murder someone and commit a Adult crime then they should be held accountable and serve Adult time. The Gun thing is fucking stupid though.

The OTHER Summers Brother Adrian B AWESOME's Avatar

I don't care how old you are, premeditated homicide is premeditated homicide, no way around it. At his age, if convicted, the State probably won't give him life, but they won't just give him something like 10 years either. There's is something fundamentally wrong with this kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by joepineapples View Post
    Why include a review from Wired? That rag has turned into a government, military-industrial propaganda machine.

Rube

[QUOTE=There's is something fundamentally wrong with this kid.[/QUOTE]

Kid is the keyword there. He is a child. Has only been on this planet for 11 years(at the time) and is being treated like he has been alive much longer. Kids can be taught. Kids can change before it is too late. Obviously I don't know this kid and cannot give a testament to his level of fucked in the head, but he should at least have the chance to get help and be part of society again. I could be wrong though. He could be a lost cause. I guess we will leave it up to a system that allows youth sized guns to be distributed.

There's nothing wrong with the concept of a youth-model shotgun. I would guess it's safer to teach your child to hunt or safely use a hunting weapon with one which won't knock him over backwards when he fires it.

Rube

I don't know. I can't seem to wrap my head around the idea of allowing an eleven year old to own a gun. Hunt with a sling shot or a bow and arrow. Don't put a lethal weapon in a child's hands or encourage this. There is no reason for a child to own a gun. Period. Shit like this happens when children get their hands on guns.