BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 175 of 415 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 4141

Thread: The Netflix Instant Viewing Thread

Re: The Netflix Instant Viewing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fygar View Post
    Just noticed the other day that Melancholia is up
    If nothing else, worth it for the Kirsten Dunst nudity.
    - mike

If you're a fan of The Raid: Redemption, the first film from Iko Uwais and Gareth Evans called Merantau is available on instant. Some of the other cast should be recognizable as well, particularly Doni Alamsyah who played Andi and Yayan Ruhian who played Mad Dog (although you probably won't recognize him in this)

It's not as good as The Raid but still worth checking out. If anything it is a rip-off of Ong-bak

Checked out Werner Herzog's Into the Abyss. Great stuff.

Made

So far we've been watching a lot of French movies lately, but as for TV:

Had never given Doctor Who a second thought, but my wife likes Billie Piper so we gave it a shot. Hooked like crazy! Didn't think I'd get over Eccleston leaving, but Tennant is doing a solid job. The biggest difference between the two of them is that Tennant has a TV presence and Eccleston had a weighty film one. On the last ep of season 2.

Also giving Sons of Anarchy a shot and I've made it through the first ep. I like my tough as nails characters contrasted with everyday people and so far that hasn't happened, which made the show seem a little silly to me. We'll see if I keep watching it.

Really loved Chicago Code. Hooked me around episode 4 or 5 after having to adjust to my constantly comparing it to the Shield. It's like Shawn Ryan is Seinfeld and Kurt Sutter is Larry David: great separate but pure magic together.

Quote Originally Posted by tonym View Post
    It might have been discussed before, but there is a documentary called "Comic Book Confidential" that was made in 1988 on Instant.
    Just started it and it's sort of interesting so far. We've had Jack Kirby reading Captain America and Will Eisner reading Spirit comics aloud.
    I remember watching that on cable in the mid-90s. It focuses a lot on the underground comics scene of the 80s. It's pretty interesting.

Right Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew j
    So far we've been watching a lot of French movies lately, but as for TV:

Had never given Doctor Who a second thought, but my wife likes Billie Piper so we gave it a shot. Hooked like crazy! Didn't think I'd get over Eccleston leaving, but Tennant is doing a solid job. The biggest difference between the two of them is that Tennant has a TV presence and Eccleston had a weighty film one. On the last ep of season 2.

Also giving Sons of Anarchy a shot and I've made it through the first ep. I like my tough as nails characters contrasted with everyday people and so far that hasn't happened, which made the show seem a little silly to me. We'll see if I keep watching it.

Really loved Chicago Code. Hooked me around episode 4 or 5 after having to adjust to my constantly comparing it to the Shield. It's like Shawn Ryan is Seinfeld and Kurt Sutter is Larry David: great separate but pure magic together.
    Have you seen Terriers, yet? It is also a Shawn Ryan project and available via Netflix Instant.

breakout kings might be my new favorite show, really good stuff.

How long has The Human Centipede 2 been on streaming?
    "Some guy on the net thinks I suck and he should know; he's got his own blog." -- Nick Hornby

Made

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    Have you seen Terriers, yet? It is also a Shawn Ryan project and available via Netflix Instant.
    It's in my queue. After I'm done with Sherlock I'm gonna start it.

NOT New Reader Friendly Pat Shatner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by costello View Post
    How long has The Human Centipede 2 been on streaming?
    Hmmmm. Do I want to watch that a second time?
    Spoiler:

Awesome.