BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Declares War on DC! Retailer Offer for Siege 3 Deadpool Variant

Re: Marvel Declares War on DC! Retailer Offer for Siege 3 Deadpool Variant

Yes it is definitely an Ali G reference which makes it even MORE absurd. The rings he is wearing should be AT LEAST all the colors of the emotional spectrum. There is red, blue, and yellow there already!

Quote Originally Posted by Your pal, Jim View Post
    That blinged-out look, wow - what a great parody of 16 years ago. I guess that was in style back when J. Scott Campbell was popular. Maybe he can work in a Jurassic Park poster in the background (if a background existed). Or Tekken. Dr. Dre? And his female figures, wow. He's come a long way. That pose is a dramatic departure for him. One might expect him to go for the 3/4 look over the shoulder so he could work some ass into the shot, but he's really reinvented himself here.

No seriously, I enjoy all 11 issues of work Campbell has produced in his career which spans three decades. He's an icon.
    I might have to change your name to ds10...you old curmudgeon!

I don't understand the reasoning behind the idea that the Deadpool cover and the Wolverine art appreciation month covers are bad variant covers because they dont accurately depict whats in the book.
    Accurately depicting whats in the book is the one of the first things a variant cover is not required to do.

"Drama is not your puppy. It's a tiger. It's not meant to make you comfortable. It's meant to make you feel alive" ~Paul Cornell

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    Dude, that cover is awesome. I want that as a fucking poster to frame and hang in my living room

"Brian Bendis is one of the most profane and potty-mouthed people I know. The saltiness of the language that comes out of his brain makes Scarface blush. I mean, you can't imagine the stuff he says. Stuff like "#$%^knuckle" or "Monkey #($*%&^%!" Oh and then there's "Your Mother's @#$%^% cystic #$%^%!" I mean who thinks of these things?"-Joe Quesada

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Weldon View Post
    I don't understand the reasoning behind the idea that the Deadpool cover and the Wolverine art appreciation month covers are bad variant covers because they dont accurately depict whats in the book.
    Accurately depicting whats in the book is the one of the first things a variant cover is not required to do.
    True. Its just a variant, and most people here don't seem to like variants any way, so I don't get why everyone is so serious anyway. Marvel is just having a little fun.

"Brian Bendis is one of the most profane and potty-mouthed people I know. The saltiness of the language that comes out of his brain makes Scarface blush. I mean, you can't imagine the stuff he says. Stuff like "#$%^knuckle" or "Monkey #($*%&^%!" Oh and then there's "Your Mother's @#$%^% cystic #$%^%!" I mean who thinks of these things?"-Joe Quesada

Im glad Gail Simone spoke up about how classless this is of Marvel

All things being equal, I'd rather be in Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Weldon View Post
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by ds9 View Post
    Im glad Gail Simone spoke up about how classless this is of Marvel
    I like Marvel a lot. I had a great time there and some of my best friends still work there. I am happy when they succeed. Joe Quesada was the first guy at the majors to give me work and I am happy to say remains a friend to this day. Also, I don't consider this a blanket condemnation. I don't know for a fact, but it seems like a dumbass bar bet gone wrong to me, rather than a genuine representation of the entire company.

But this is still a low-class move that is meant to embarrass creators who worked hard on those books and the mega-hit Blackest Night, every bit as hard as the creators who worked on Marvel's recent mega-events and tie-ins. Most of those same creators being intentionally mocked here have worked for Marvel in the past, and made Marvel good money at the time. This is a poor way to say thank you to them. And I can say with confidence that many Marvel creators are embarrassed by this move, as they have told me themselves.

I am very sorry to see anyone stoop to this. It may seem cute to some, but I think that just shows how foggy their radar has gotten.

GODFATHER

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    But this is still a low-class move that is meant to embarrass creators who worked hard on those books
    I think that's probably taking it a bit too far.

Thumbs up Re: Marvel Declares War on DC! Retailer Offer for Siege 3 Deadpool Variant

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    I like Marvel a lot. I had a great time there and some of my best friends still work there. I am happy when they succeed. Joe Quesada was the first guy at the majors to give me work and I am happy to say remains a friend to this day. Also, I don't consider this a blanket condemnation. I don't know for a fact, but it seems like a dumbass bar bet gone wrong to me, rather than a genuine representation of the entire company.

But this is still a low-class move that is meant to embarrass creators who worked hard on those books and the mega-hit Blackest Night, every bit as hard as the creators who worked on Marvel's recent mega-events and tie-ins. Most of those same creators being intentionally mocked here have worked for Marvel in the past, and made Marvel good money at the time. This is a poor way to say thank you to them. And I can say with confidence that many Marvel creators are embarrassed by this move, as they have told me themselves.

I am very sorry to see anyone stoop to this. It may seem cute to some, but I think that just shows how foggy their radar has gotten.
    you are the best Ms Simone