BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Closing in on a comic book collection milestone!

Re: Closing in on a comic book collection milestone!

Quote Originally Posted by gaspar View Post
    tstonyts: Awesome! How close are you? Good luck with it...it gets pretty fun when you start getting close!

Jef UK: Cool! Anything you're looking for that I can dig for? I have about a dozen longboxes worth of random stuff and tons of TPBs and HCs. If you give me some idea of what you might be interested in, I can tell you what I have in that area.
    I have no idea right now.

Do you care about condition? I probably have a range (I bought a huge lot of comics from my LCS when it closed down when I was in highschool--Book Nook in Plano, TX, if you happen to know it / remember it--and got multiple copies of a lot of the Cockram and Byrne Uncanny run). Just something to keep in mind. I'm not sure I would have a NM. Anyway, I'll have to get back to you next week or so. Rock.
    Click on AM/UK Banner for Rock n' Comix:

Quote Originally Posted by tstouder View Post
    I have been lucky to have a complete set from issue 50 on up. I got alot of those good issues like 94-102 from a college roommate who was graduating in 84 and sold them to me for a 12-pack
    I do need to get Giant-Size 1 so I'd have all of the new X-men issues. sigh.
    LOL! That's a pretty good deal!

I missed out on getting a nice copy of Giant-Size #1 for like $75-80 at Comic Con a few years back because a guy saw it just before I did...still bitter. I'm thinking about asking my wife to get that for me for Christmas. I never ask for comic book stuff, but that's one that will be difficult to splurge on a decent copy of anytime soon and I'd like to have it to cap off my set.
    Click to see my original art collection:

See my random autograph collection!
    Check out my blog!

Ah, memories. I used to have that one, I had an almost complete #94 on collection too. I was 7 issues short if I remember right. Sold them along with most my other singles on ebay years ago.

Good luck on that last issue! tracking down issues is the one thing I miss since I switched to trades, I loved the hunt.

Cleveland Ohio, Supporting The Gathering!!

I feel you! Just three months ago I hunted down a variant copy of Valiant's Unity #1 and with it I have the ENTIRE run of Valiant Comics. All of them. Which is great because when I first got into comics BIG when I was in Junior High and able to get across the city on my own, it was during that era. Good luck!
    Support Grayhaven Comics!
    http://www.grayhavencomics.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlett View Post
    I second this harder than Falcon pounded Jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jef UK View Post
    I have no idea right now.

Do you care about condition? I probably have a range (I bought a huge lot of comics from my LCS when it closed down when I was in highschool--Book Nook in Plano, TX, if you happen to know it / remember it--and got multiple copies of a lot of the Cockram and Byrne Uncanny run). Just something to keep in mind. I'm not sure I would have a NM. Anyway, I'll have to get back to you next week or so. Rock.
    No worries, I'm in no hurry. I just thought you might have a list or an idea of something you might be looking for. We can check back on it all next week when you have access to your stuff.

As far as condition goes, I really don't have a preference. Some of my issues are pretty ragged, others are NM. I basically just am looking for a complete issue with no major chunks taken out of it, no huge creases, no pages missing, staples intact, etc., but definitely can be anywhere from a fairly worn "reader" copy to a really nice one. Once I get the set complete, I'll probably go back and try to upgrade the lesser quality ones for nice ones, so if you have multiple copies of varying grades, I'd probably like to try to get something fairly decent looking so I don't have to upgrade it in the future.

I don't think I ever went to the Book Nook, but then again, I've only been to Plano a few times in my life. The handful of times I've been to shop closeout sales, I've gotten good deals and some really cool stuff, but nothing as crazy as multiples of key issues of a popular series like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Thudpucker View Post
    Ah, memories. I used to have that one, I had an almost complete #94 on collection too. I was 7 issues short if I remember right. Sold them along with most my other singles on ebay years ago.

Good luck on that last issue! tracking down issues is the one thing I miss since I switched to trades, I loved the hunt.
    I worry that I'll eventually have to sell them too with the crappy economy and everything, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Thanks...I enjoy tracking down issues, but it will be nice to actually complete this one after so many years!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateFactor View Post
    I feel you! Just three months ago I hunted down a variant copy of Valiant's Unity #1 and with it I have the ENTIRE run of Valiant Comics. All of them. Which is great because when I first got into comics BIG when I was in Junior High and able to get across the city on my own, it was during that era. Good luck!
    Wow! That's pretty impressive! I have a bunch of those from the couple of Valiant series that I read, but no where near a complete set. I think I do have a complete run of Archer & Armstrong...my favorite of all the Valiant comics!

Check out my blog!

I have Giant Size X-Men #1 and #94 - current.

I never felt the inclination to get the issues prior though.

I would love to purchase a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #2...ONE DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by dEnny! View Post
    I have Giant Size X-Men #1 and #94 - current.

I never felt the inclination to get the issues prior though.

I would love to purchase a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #2...ONE DAY!
    Nice! I never really read the issues before #94, so I hadn't thought about collecting them until recently. We'll see...I'm kind of tempted to try it since most of the reprint ones shouldn't cost all that much.

ASM #2 huh? Do you have #1?

Check out my blog!

Nice! I never really read the issues before #94, so I hadn't thought about collecting them until recently. We'll see...I'm kind of tempted to try it since most of the reprint ones shouldn't cost all that much.
    I figured I'd just go the Omnibus route.

ASM #2 huh? Do you have #1?
    #1 and #3 - current, but let's just keep that between us.

Quote Originally Posted by dEnny! View Post
    I figured I'd just go the Omnibus route.

#1 and #3 - current, but let's just keep that between us.
    The Omnibus is cool for reading, but it's just not the actual issues. Still have to decide if I care enough about those to spend the money on them.

Nice ASM collection you've got there...

Check out my blog!

The Omnibus is cool for reading, but it's just not the actual issues. Still have to decide if I care enough about those to spend the money on them.

Nice ASM collection you've got there...
    I'd like to buy a better copy of #129; it's sun faded.

Maybe one day.