Gamespot has the story online.
- Stand-alone disc, not DLC. Yes, it's 1993 all over again.
- The game will sell for a reduced price, and there will be some kind of incentive for SF4 owners.
- ~8 characters added, including Dee Jay and T Hawk.
- Online and balance tweaks based on SF IV fan feedback
- no cross-play communities between SF IV and Super SF IV
I'm really kind of shocked that Capcom didn't prepare SF IV for DLC expansions. This would fall in line with previous reports that Capcom Japan was reluctant to make SF IV and didn't expect it to succeed as well as it did.
SF IV is one of my favourite games and I'll definitely get this update eventually - but it might be a long wait if the price point is too high.
Oh man, the Angry Video Game Nerd is going to love bitching about this.
Fucking hell, Capcom...
Wii Friend Code: 0866 9940 5737 9716 || X-Box LIVE: Spidey Whip
That is fucking ridiculous. There is no need for this to be a stand alone product at all! I still love SF IV and play it at least once a week, and then this had to come along. LAME!
Watch the first minute or two of this video addressing it:
For all your Super SFIV needs :
The Ultimate Link !
Whoooo! I'm sure the reduced price will be along the lines of $40. I'll be hoping for $30, but that seems a little low for a ps3 game.