BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Young Beatles TV show question.

  1. #1
    Right Guy woljed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,433

    Young Beatles TV show question.

    I might be confused but I vaguely remember there was a tv show that showed the early days of the Beatles(circa the mid 90s) that was in a similar vain as the recent behind the scene TV show based on Elvis' early career(which starred Johnathan Rhys from the Tudors).

    I've searched IMDb but I haven't found it there and I'm sure I wasn't dreaming this since I saw it once. I might be wrong here but it doesn't feel like I am. Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

  2. #2
    GODFATHER Gregory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transylvania
    Posts
    37,822

    Re: Young Beatles TV show question.

    Might it have been Backbeat, the movie about their time in Germany?
    Heygregory.com | CookingWithVillainy.com

    Quote Originally Posted by R0cketFr0g View Post
    I'm open to Gregory's ministrations.

  3. #3
    Consiliere Jim T.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    16,474

    Re: Young Beatles TV show question.

    Watchmen
    Originally Posted by Glixy:
    I'm not sure if you're middle aged, but the only things I know about you are your avatar picture, and that you are a lawyer, so I picture you as some kind of cross between K. Richards, and L. Hutz.

  4. #4
    Right Guy woljed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,433

    Re: Young Beatles TV show question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Might it have been Backbeat, the movie about their time in Germany?
    Maybe! I'm gonna check, thanks.

    OK checked it out, it seems like the one but I thought it was a TV show with multiple episodes. Does anyone know if the movie is any good?

  5. #5

    Re: Young Beatles TV show question.

    Quote Originally Posted by woljed View Post
    Maybe! I'm gonna check, thanks.

    OK checked it out, it seems like the one but I thought it was a TV show with multiple episodes. Does anyone know if the movie is any good?
    BackBeat's good.

    It's about their original Bassist, Stuart Suttcliffe, when they were a five piece (with pete best instead of Ringo)

    Was this the show you were talking about?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_of_the_Beatles

  6. #6
    Made Gordon Chumway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    8,848

    Re: Young Beatles TV show question.

    Backbeat is a great movie.

  7. #7
    Hard Boiled Rod Nunley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX.
    Posts
    10,512

    Re: Young Beatles TV show question.

    The only thing better than Backbeat is the soundtrack ... which is stellar.

    "The Backbeat Band" consisted of:

    * Dave Pirner (Soul Asylum): vocals
    * Greg Dulli (The Afghan Whigs): vocals
    * Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth): guitar
    * Don Fleming (Gumball): guitar
    * Mike Mills (R.E.M.): bass guitar
    * Dave Grohl (Nirvana/Foo Fighters): drums

  8. #8
    Hard Boiled stevapalooza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,864

    Re: Young Beatles TV show question.

    It's gotta be Backbeat. I can't think of any other movie about that era.

  9. #9

    Re: Young Beatles TV show question.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevapalooza View Post
    It's gotta be Backbeat. I can't think of any other movie about that era.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLpDNnfuIm8

  10. #10
    Right Guy woljed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,433

    Re: Young Beatles TV show question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    BackBeat's good.

    It's about their original Bassist, Stuart Suttcliffe, when they were a five piece (with pete best instead of Ringo)

    Was this the show you were talking about?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_of_the_Beatles
    No, I really think it was Backbeat because it was based in the 90s. Thanks anyways though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •