BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's the BOUGHT/THOUGHT thread for 05/08/09?

Where's the BOUGHT/THOUGHT thread for 05/08/09?

Ultimatum Fantastic Four : Requiem
    I only read one arc of UFF, so I didn't know everything that was going on in this comic, but the recap page was pretty good at filling me in on what I needed to know. I actually felt that this comic was essential to the Ultimatum storyline, because of things that hadn't been explained, such as
    Spoilers:
    Ben offing Doom/what happened to Johnny/why there is no UFF book going forward
    . Glad I bought this

Ultimatum X-Men : Requiem
    I honestly didn't feel like I needed to buy this one after I had read it. Yeah, there were 26 pages of story, but the pacing was terrible, and almost every panel is in that widescreen DD: Ninja style. It was really tough to see what was going on half the time. And the story ends with
    Spoilers:
    Cap decapitating Assemble
    ? What was that?

Captain America : Reborn #2
    I like where this is going, but I'm still not sold on the whole thing. To me, Cap since issue 600 has been a bit lackluster to me. I'm still going to hang on until the end of Reborn though.

Amazing Spiderman #601
    The start of this issue was a bit of a shock for me. The writing felt a little too goofy at times, but I still enjoyed the story. I somehow knew that
    Spoilers:
    something would get in the way of Peter and MJ meeting up
    . The backup story by Quesada and Bendis was the pick of the week for me. Oh, and the variant cover is awesome. I wish I had picked it up at my LCS.

Re: Where's the BOUGHT/THOUGHT thread for 05/08/09?

Quote Originally Posted by antithesis View Post
    The backup story by Quesada and Bendis was the pick of the week for me. Oh, and the variant cover is awesome. I wish I had picked it up at my LCS.
    I just read this now, and it is a really fine little comic. Quesada's art is amazing in this, I really wish he could draw more, as he's turned into a master. I'm curious to see what effect this story will have on New Avengers, it imply's a potential return.

And the ending of the actual story (The MJ bit) is a bit of a reveal too.

Great comic, Amazing's hitting on all cylinders right now.
    We Promised the World We'd Tame It... What Were We Hoping For?
    Sometimes I tweet "funny" things that make me "laugh".
    @caniscreamyeah

reborn 2- unfolding nicely. i like sin and crossbones getting major roles in this. hitch's art is taking on a certain john buscema quality to it, looks nice. god, i hope bucky is still cap at the end of this.

iron man- this is getting better and better. madame masque is one fucked up bitch. i do thing he's been on the run long enough and this needs to start getting somewhere, but it has been a fun ride so far

war of kings- great climax to this series. i really want to see where gladiator ends up after all of this. really left a no winners in war feeling.

and my damn lcs didnt get me copies of the requiems, even though they have both been on my pull list for over a year, and last week i told him i wanted all the requiems. just about done with him.

Iron Man- PICK OF THE WEEK! If Fraction isn't on this book for years, it'll be a damn shame. This is a character defining run. He gets the character, he gets what the movie did and he knows exactly what he's doing. He's also doing a great job building up the villains and giving Tony some scary threats (something he's been sorely missing). Madame Masque and the Controller are becoming very compelling. Larroca is doing the best work he's cranked out in... ever, really. Has he missed an issue? If you loved the movie and you aren't reading this, you're missing out. 9/10

Captain America: Reborn- I've got a funny feeling that this isn't going where everyone is expecting. Anyway, Bru and company are really delivering, and I can't wait to keep reading. 9/10

Sinister Spider-Man- Man, this is dark. Comedic at times, but pretty dark, too. The best thing about Dark Reign is that I really feel like the MU's biggest villains are getting some real face time that they never have. Between this, Hawkeye and Dark Avengers, I'm loving it. 9/10

Secret Warriors- I think I need to dig out my issues and sit down and read them all back to back. This is getting pretty epic, but I feel like I've missed some things. Still, it's quite good, and I think Fury's rebuilding is getting very interesting. 8/10

Hulk- Good stuff. I liked Rick's characterization as A-Bomb. The way he's embraced his change, and the way Banner feels like he and the Hulk have "broken up." McGuinness kills, as usual. 8/10

Young Avengers- Pretty good stuff. I like seeing the kids have to deal with others their age that are struggling. Better than I expected, honestly. 7/10

Deadpool: Merc with a mouth- This book has two problems: first of all, Marvel already has a terrific Deadpool series. Second, the art is mediocre at best. It's a huge let down after reading the last Way arc. Fun concept, but I don't know if I'll last past this arc. 5/10
    Follow me @Marcdachamp on Twitter

My city didn't get Agents Of Atlas, Ghost Riders: Heaven's On Fire, OR War Of Kings.
    Heartbroken!
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Parker View Post
    Dan, you're a Steve McQueen-level badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABSEN View Post
    I like to say Dan Lombardo's name in a TV game show announcer voice.

Daaaaaaan LOMBARDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by markgrayson View Post
    Wow, special appearance by Daaaaaaan LOMBARDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverWanderer View Post
    And Lombardo slides home with the TRUTH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylazycat View Post
    Danlomb gets it.

Hulk

Spoiler:
    A-Bomb can't turn back into Rick Jones (physically)? I don't remember this being established. Or is it that just that he can't voluntarily do so?

Doom Patrol Vol 5 #1 – Like I said in the review thread, this was some pretty good stuff, made wonderful by the Metal Men story.

Justice League Cry For Justice #2 – I’m really enjoying this. Some great characters, and the art is just amazing. The picture of Supergirl on the last page looks like a photo, even the folds on her skirt… it’s stunning. I really liked the scene at the Flash Museum too. (It’s a shame that it’s Freddie instead of Billy.) The extra stuff at the back of the book is really good too.

Red Circle The Hangman #1 – Pretty good. Felt a bit like a combination of Ghost Rider and maybe… the Spectre, but I like the idea of this guy from the Civil War turned into a superhero. So Red Circle, so far, so good.

Superman World Of New Krypton #6 – I knew he wasn’t dead! And man did that last page make me smile.

Wednesday Comics #5 - Continues to be just wonderful. Kamandi,
    Metamorpho, and especially Supergirl (which is just too cute for words to properly express) are my favorites, but there really isn’t one in there that I don’t like. The Superman story is kind of boring, but it sure is nice to look at.

Captain America Reborn #2 – Everything in the past, I’m really enjoying, I’m just not so crazy about the stuff with Norman. I’m a little sick of the guy.

I'm running the NYC Marathon to raise money for Autism Speaks! Info Here! Donate Here!

Quote Originally Posted by antithesis View Post
    Amazing Spiderman #601
    The start of this issue was a bit of a shock for me. The writing felt a little too goofy at times, but I still enjoyed the story. I somehow knew that
    Spoilers:
    something would get in the way of Peter and MJ meeting up
    . The backup story by Quesada and Bendis was the pick of the week for me. Oh, and the variant cover is awesome. I wish I had picked it up at my LCS.
    For me the shock was the main story's art. It felt really wonky from the first to last pages. That being said, it wasn't bad enough to take me out of the story, which I got a kick out of.
    And I enjoyed the backup story and art thoroughly, though.

I've only read Invincible Iron Man so far and, over the last two issues, it's won me over as regular reader.

I feel like any of the kinks in the art or storytelling that initially turned me off to the series have been worked out and I'm on board for what's next.

I also believe in Norman as a true opponent to Tony in this context. As a batshit crazy weapons manufacturer he makes for a natural Iron Man villain in a way that doesn't seem shoehorned in.

I wasnt in love with anything i bought this week. Though the initial poster's review of UFF Requiem makes me want to go out and check it out.

I bought..

Hulk 13
    I felt like nothing important happened. I like seeing Ares fight random characters, but this issue just came off as filler. Obviously next issue is where i wanted to see the series going since issue 6.

AMS 601
    The opening pages were shocking. I wonder how much talk was going on about whether or not those scenes should have been shown. I felt like this was an image book when seeing that. The issue was okay. Quesada and Bendis story was pretty much exactly what was shown in New Avengers 55.
    I loved the art though. Quesadas art is just so dynamic that it sucks you in.

Deadpool Merc with a mouth
    I love the cover and i think i bought this solely for it. The issue was okay, not something i can see myself rereading over and over. This book seems so unnecessary though. I hate seeing good books get cancelled so that series like this one can be put out as a grab. If only suicide kings was ongoing.

Savage Dragon 151
    Im gonna stick with this for a few more issues, and then i think im done This was the weakest issue in a while. It wasnt bad, just wasnt as exciting as all the ones ive purchased before it recently.

Im going to go back out now and try to get Irredeemable # 5 and Chew # 3

"It's my duty in my role as a superhero to sully myself in pointless excercises of narcissism"

Yes, Nick Spencer won after all....
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Hock View Post
    Why is there a new thread? WHAT'S GOING ON! And who is captain sensation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal DeLay View Post
    Best. Reply. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Captain Sensation wins the internet for today.