BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got 150 bucks to spend on comics...

GODFATHER

Got 150 bucks to spend on comics...

help me out.

Looking mainly for indie things but I'm open to other stuff.

Thanks.

50 copies of X-23.

www.topshelfcomix.com is still having their sale I believe.

GODFATHER
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Welker
    www.topshelfcomix.com is still having their sale I believe.
    I thought it was over. But this isn't cash. It's trade.

Quote Originally Posted by NickT
    50 copies of X-23.
    Agree

A complete set of Cutey Bunny

T
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy-Klone View Post
    First draft of TIP's eulogy:
    "And so we commit this hairy man to the ground. Like his beloved Cerebus, TIP passed from this mortal coil two issues sooner than we'd have preferred. We were never promised those final two issues. Life, like Sim, can be utterly indecipherable."

Enjoyable indies I have found of late:

ONI Press just came out with an OGN called "The Long Haul" by Ted Anthony Johnston and art by Eduardo Barreto. Set in the old west, it concerns an ex-con and former bank robber who has walked the straight and narrow for years since he has come out of prison all that time ago, and is a respected (and notorious) member of the community.

But then, he hears about a money train traveling across country, and the idea of 'one last job' is just too good to pass up. What sweetens the deal, is the man who put him away is going to be in charge of making sure that all goes according to plan on the money train.

Of course unforseen circumstances crop up on both sides, and the fun is trying to figure out who is going to come out on top.

It is 173 pages/ black and white OGN for only 14.95, and it was a blast.

If you are looking for single issues:

Atomic Diner comics has started a 50 issue max-series set in the seedy underbelly of the 1950's called 'Freakshow' (only 3 issues have come out so far). Set in the paranoid days of McCarthyism where a whisper could end a career, we start with a murder mystery with a surprise twist, that leads our cast of characters to join forces to help tackle strange cases with actual events of the time used as backdrops. Issue 2 and 3 were surreal, as a russian scientist used subliminal messages during the Oscar Ceremony and drove all of the assembled actors/acrtresses/directors to go into fits of violent rage and 'anti-american' behavior.

The series reads like film noir meets the X-files, and it you can hop onboard early in the run (now would be a good time) I think you may dig it.

Atomika #1 was just released from Speakeasy Comics. a 12 issue limited series examines Russia in an alternate reality, and the birth of its first powerful being who is born of 'The State', on the cusp of the Industrial Revolution. Who controls him? What are his beliefs, is he a man of the people or a puppet of the state? The first issue is a bit different than something you may be used to, more rich in the symbolism of Atomika, and who/what he is, rather than a detailed explanation of his powers/abilites/origins that we are used to. But it was promising enough for me to want to check out the 2nd issue.

GODFATHER
    Thanks Ron. I'll check those out.

All you other guys are douchebags. I swear, if someone made a post asking what to spend money on, I'd pimp my favorite books. especially you Nick, I expected more from you.

But you guys really are douchebags. Off to buy some X-23.

100% is now in trade from Vertigo.

Quote Originally Posted by BWC Boston
    People who disagree with a specific opinion you hold are not, by definition, fanboys.

Not quite Indy,But the Conan HC is out.