BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I Still Like POWERS.

I Still Like POWERS.

Bendis gave me the latest tpb at Emerald City Comicon, and this is still a great book.

Nice job, Mr. Bendis.

Re: I Still Like POWERS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    Bendis gave me the latest tpb at Emerald City Comicon, and this is still a great book.

Nice job, Mr. Bendis.
    There was never any doubt that it was still a great book.

I know the general consensus some places online seems to be that the quality dropped alot since the switch to Icon, but I don't see it.

Secret Identity and The 25 Coolest Dead Superheroes of All Time are two of the best arcs of the entire series, in my opinion.

I didn't know opinions were otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by KSChris View Post
    There was never any doubt that it was still a great book.

I know the general consensus some places online seems to be that the quality dropped alot since the switch to Icon, but I don't see it.

Secret Identity and The 25 Coolest Dead Superheroes of All Time are two of the best arcs of the entire series, in my opinion.
    Doesn't your acknowledgment of there being a general consensus that the book took a drop in quality confirm the existence of doubt? And yet, you're also stating there was never any doubt? I'm so confused!!

Okay, I'm just being English-teachery. And I'm not even an English teacher. Otherwise I never would have used a word like "teachery". It's just that your first line in response to Gail came off, to my "ears", as sounding like "What the hell are you talking about? There was never any doubt! Anywhere! Stop making things up, mad woman!". Like you were snapping at her for suggesting such a thing. And then you went right on after to talk about all the other doubters. I think you and Gail are right on the same page here. You both heard the naysayers and all their whiny doubtery (that's not a real word either...), read the material, and realized that all the doubters were quite and properly high, and that Powers has continued its reign of rocking all the way through.

Honest, I'm not trying to be snarky. Guess I'm just pointing out the "how dare you?" feel of your response, in case you didn't realize that, though it may have just seemed that way to me. And also, backing you and Gail on your Powers love. The reign continues.
    Michael O'Chronicles / Michaelocomedy.com / PostApodaclypse.com / How to start in stand-up comedy

Keith Lowell Jensen: "Michael O'Connell said to say hi to you."
    Bobby Slayton: "Who the fuck is Michael O'Connell?"
    Keith Lowell Jensen: "Uh...you did a show with him a couple of weeks ago? Comedian in a wheelchair?"
    Bobby Slayton: "Oh yeah! I fucking LOVE that guy!"

Quote Originally Posted by oconnellmd View Post
    Doesn't your acknowledgment of there being a general consensus that the book took a drop in quality confirm the existence of doubt? And yet, you're also stating there was never any doubt? I'm so confused!!

Okay, I'm just being English-teachery. And I'm not even an English teacher. Otherwise I never would have used a word like "teachery". It's just that your first line in response to Gail came off, to my "ears", as sounding like "What the hell are you talking about? There was never any doubt! Anywhere! Stop making things up, mad woman!". Like you were snapping at her for suggesting such a thing. And then you went right on after to talk about all the other doubters. I think you and Gail are right on the same page here. You both heard the naysayers and all their whiny doubtery (that's not a real word either...), read the material, and realized that all the doubters were quite and properly high, and that Powers has continued its reign of rocking all the way through.

Honest, I'm not trying to be snarky. Guess I'm just pointing out the "how dare you?" feel of your response, in case you didn't realize that, though it may have just seemed that way to me. And also, backing you and Gail on your Powers love. The reign continues.
    Your post just confuses me.

I say, "Bah!" to you, good sir!

Bah!

Quote Originally Posted by James Patrick View Post
    I didn't know opinions were otherwise.
    I think there is a contingent that soured on the thing mainly because it became less reliable, schedule wise.

BTW, what do people make of this?
    Taxman

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    There is absolutely no way that The Avengers makes more than The Dark Knight Rises. None.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy is not going to outgross Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and X-Men: Days of Future Past. Certainly not with an August opening. You can count on that.

Quote Originally Posted by KSChris View Post
    Your post just confuses me.

I say, "Bah!" to you, good sir!

Bah!
    You know what? Ignore me. I'm in the middle of quitting smoking this weekend. Reading back, it didn't make much sense to me either. I will "Bah!" myself on that one.
    Michael O'Chronicles / Michaelocomedy.com / PostApodaclypse.com / How to start in stand-up comedy

Keith Lowell Jensen: "Michael O'Connell said to say hi to you."
    Bobby Slayton: "Who the fuck is Michael O'Connell?"
    Keith Lowell Jensen: "Uh...you did a show with him a couple of weeks ago? Comedian in a wheelchair?"
    Bobby Slayton: "Oh yeah! I fucking LOVE that guy!"

Banned

gail doesn't buy powers in singles or trades???

this just in : gail is killing the industry!!!!!

You know what?

The only thing I cannot abide is the loss of backmatter in the trades. But I like to complain on the internet!

I'm award winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    I think there is a contingent that soured on the thing mainly because it became less reliable, schedule wise.

BTW, what do people make of this?
    yeah, amazon recomended that to me months ago. but they do that. it recommended revenge of the red lanterns probables 6 months ago and it still isnt out. they recommended iron man viva las vegas about a year ago, at first with a release date, then no release date, then it just looked like that powers listing.