BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I need to lose between 20 and 30 pounds

Re: I need to lose between 20 and 30 pounds

My goal is to loose 20 pounds by the Baltimore Comic Con.

If my wife can loose 50 after having two kids (and is now no longer "overweight") I figure I can loose it too. But I'm starting with a goal of 20 lbs.
    Facebook ID: Doug Hahner

Quote Originally Posted by Treacle View Post
    Sorry
    I don't want to hear nuthin from you nutty dames any more
    This isn't a man. It's a broken kite
    Read Shiver in the Dark
    2.3 Million South Korean won translates to this much in US Dollars right now
    Fuck the Patriots
    I am the of the K-Men
    Quote Originally Posted by J. R. Scherer View Post
    I'd say that I'm saddened rather than bothered by the very concept of religion regardless of what it affects. Kind of the same way I'm saddened to see Twilight movies be blockbusters or Rob Liefeld books sell like crazy.

Were you thinking of weight training or just shedding pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan the Shaggy View Post
    Were you thinking of weight training or just shedding pounds?
    Shedding pounds as of right now. After I drop some weightI'll probably consider getting back into weight training again.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Wow - I always love how the dialogue on this board descends into someone calling someone else a racist because the high minded liberals dont like to discuss things.
    You are too smart for me Kedd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kedd View Post
    Shedding pounds as of right now. After I drop some weightI'll probably consider getting back into weight training again.
    Ok, then I would recommend a good amount of cardio, cutting out most if not all sugar, you can still have carbs but try to ease up on them.

Eat lots of chicken and vegetables to replace the other crap. Its not about starving yourself, its about putting the right stuff into your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan the Shaggy View Post
    Ok, then I would recommend a good amount of cardio, cutting out most if not all sugar, you can still have carbs but try to ease up on them.

Eat lots of chicken and vegetables to replace the other crap. Its not about starving yourself, its about putting the right stuff into your body.
    Yeah, I've started cutting back on sugars. I've cut soda out completely and I've cut back on the various wonders that are candy. As of now my biggest problem is that I eat out a lot, because the kitchen at my place is just horrible for cooking in. But i do intend to get that worked out. And I'll be going back to running(well, fast walking for now) three times a week starting this afternoon. I'm wondering if I need to cut back on my sushi consumption though.
    Wow - I always love how the dialogue on this board descends into someone calling someone else a racist because the high minded liberals dont like to discuss things.
    You are too smart for me Kedd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post

Quote Originally Posted by changingshades View Post
    my meth addiction was how I lost my beer gut...and my kids
    on one hand, i hope it's not true because that would be awful, but on the other hand i hope it is true because it would be hilarious.

i'm comedically conflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by BENDIS! View Post
    Fuck you, my board!

Gunsel

It's easy to lose weight if you know what you are doing.

Exercise
    Morning (Before you eat)
    Jog or bike for 30-45 minutes.

Afternoon or night:
    Crunches (Sets of 25)
    Pushups (Sets of 10)
    Pullups (As many as you can...if you are unable to do any, pull up as much as you can then come down so your arms are straight and go up as far as you can again)
    Isometrics (Lay in bed or on the floor or whatever: Starting at our feet, slowly tighten and flex the muscles in your calves and hold it for as long as you can, then move on to your thighs...and so on.)

This is a very beginner-ish...but you will build wacky muscle

Diet
    Breakfast
    Eat carb heavy meal (Cereal or Oatmeal)
    Snack
    before lunch have a protein snack (Bar or shake)
    Lunch
    protein heavy lunch
    Snack
    mid-day carb snack
    Dinner
    dinner protein heavy dinner
    Snack
    night snack - protein bar or shake

(The trick with meals is to not go nutty on horrible crap. Instead of having a sandwich, have a wrap.) (Want a sweet carb snack? have some pineapple.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kedd View Post
    Yeah, I've started cutting back on sugars. I've cut soda out completely and I've cut back on the various wonders that are candy. As of now my biggest problem is that I eat out a lot, because the kitchen at my place is just horrible for cooking in. But i do intend to get that worked out. And I'll be going back to running(well, fast walking for now) three times a week starting this afternoon. I'm wondering if I need to cut back on my sushi consumption though.
    Just because you eat out a lot doesn't mean you still can't be healthy about it. Look for the most healthy thing on the menu, unless we're talking fast food which I would strongly suggest you stay away from.

Sushi's a good substitute and is healthy for you, just depends on how much you eat of it. Watch how many calories something has. Aim for intaking around 2000 calories per day, with about 3 meals a day or more if you can manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDetroit View Post
    on one hand, i hope it's not true because that would be awful, but on the other hand i hope it is true because it would be hilarious.

i'm comedically conflicted.
    I got the beer gut sitting around watching tv. the kids wanted me to be more active, and damn if the meth didn't do it
    This isn't a man. It's a broken kite
    Read Shiver in the Dark
    2.3 Million South Korean won translates to this much in US Dollars right now
    Fuck the Patriots
    I am the of the K-Men
    Quote Originally Posted by J. R. Scherer View Post
    I'd say that I'm saddened rather than bothered by the very concept of religion regardless of what it affects. Kind of the same way I'm saddened to see Twilight movies be blockbusters or Rob Liefeld books sell like crazy.