BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Facebook makes me sad.

Re: Facebook makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by c. page View Post
    me. the smell actually gives me migraines, and honestly just the taste is enough to make me vomit.

but hey, more for the rest of you guys, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfasowned View Post
    i'm more about building relationships than so-called Bible-thumping. if people wanna know what makes me tick, i'll let 'em in. i don't hide my faith, but neither do i browbeat people who don't agree w/ my beliefs. people have to come to God of their own accord and only God can change someone's heart. i just have to hope that i live in a way that exemplifies the teachings of Jesus Christ and makes people at least a little curious to learn more with an open heart. too many Christians miss their opportunity to build relationships with others because they are too abrasive, judgmental, and rejecting of non-Christians. these are not the ways of Jesus.

okay, back to being on-topic...

facebook sometimes makes me happy and sometimes sad. :shrugs:
    Truth to both of these

I removed some of my 'friends' during the election. Got tired of hearing about the communist muslim obama.
    "If a baby were President, there would be no taxes. There would be no war. There would be no...government, and...things could get terrible. And actually probably it would be a better screenplay idea then a serious suggestion."

Quote Originally Posted by Shane W View Post
    No, it's not that they're christian. That in and of itself is no big deal. My best friend is christian (and black, and gay, and well, you know) The people I'm talking about are the ones that only update with bible quotes, psalm readings and sending me facebook invitations for sharing the cross and other things.

Exactly. I mean, I'm a Christian (Lutheran to be precise), but it annoys the piss out of me when people try to force their religious views (or lack thereof) onto other people. I mean, it's not something I would do. If someone came to them, asking for advise on religion, that's one thing. People need to seek their own spiritual views on their own accord.

I don't see ever removing any of my friends for any reason. But I also don't use the ignore function here either.

Facebook Me.
    (815) 823-2220
    Quote Originally Posted by Japhy Ryder
    You are a shit-starter-upper. And you're only making it worse for yourself.

Most of my friends from years back, as well as some family members, are now super-fundamentalist christians.. I have very little to talk about with these people.

Plus, no one likes bananas.
    Just talk to them about what you want to talk about and see how many of them you can get to drop you as their facebook friend.

"Brian Bendis is one of the most profane and potty-mouthed people I know. The saltiness of the language that comes out of his brain makes Scarface blush. I mean, you can't imagine the stuff he says. Stuff like "#$%^knuckle" or "Monkey #($*%&^%!" Oh and then there's "Your Mother's @#$%^% cystic #$%^%!" I mean who thinks of these things?"-Joe Quesada

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby View Post
    I can relate. I nearly had to delete some friends from my Facebook account during the election.
    Yeah same here. Shane I won't let you down, I'll do my best to post things that you clan click the like button on.

NICKELPLATE.
    BECAUSE IN A WORLD WITHOUT CAP, WE NEED A HERO WHO WON'T DIE FROM A BULLET TO THE STOMACH!!!!!

Most of my friends from years back, as well as some family members, are now super-fundamentalist christians.. I have very little to talk about with these people.
    Did you change, or did they?
    Taxman

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    There is absolutely no way that The Avengers makes more than The Dark Knight Rises. None.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad N. View Post
    I think GotG will do quite higher than $200 million. In fact, I'm going to be bold and say it might be the one to hit $300 million.
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    is not going to outgross Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and X-Men: Days of Future Past. Certainly not with an August opening. You can count on that.

Heh, you know I feel your pain brother. Hell, you had words with a couple of mine.

Thanks for that by the way, being at work when shit goes down sucks ass.

Send them my way! Brad N will tell you, a lot of his Facebook friends are mine now for the same reason. I love the fundies.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
    Send them my way! Brad N will tell you, a lot of his Facebook friends are mine now for the same reason. I love the fundies.
    Ethan doesn't lie.