BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Thread: Selling Comic Collection

Selling Comic Collection

Hey all...

So, for the last 5 years here in the UK I've been collecting around 30 issues a month. Mainly Marvel, but a few odds and sods as well.

We're now looking at doing a big international move and I'm wondering - What to do with all these books?

I'll keep a few issues and trades, but for the most part there's a lot of chaff that needs to go.

So what's the best way to do it in your experience? Is it best to try and lump them on Ebay? As singles, story arcs, writer arcs, entire collection?

I was thinking that going in to my local comic store wouldn't work out too well for my pocket. Any advice you can give me?
    I'm going to LA! Obnoxious rambles and nerdy opinions blogged here: http://petermcleod.wordpress.com/

Trouble Boy

Re: Selling Comic Collection

Give them to the children!
    Love is good.

I'd recommend bundling runs except for things like high priced variants, signed books, etc. Not that I'm saying you should sell signed books, but if you do, those go by their lonesome. Bundling minis should work out well, like 5 or 6 issue books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
    Oh god, it really hurts. This must be how Mr. Wilson feels in Dennis the Menace cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by ForkDolphin View Post
    That's just insane. Sell them to children, then harm the children and take them back.

Oh god, it really hurts. This must be how Mr. Wilson feels in Dennis the Menace cartoons.

Ebay is really the only way to get rid of comics and come close to getting any return. Sets, runs, story arcs etc. Sell variants or hard to find issues as singles. Dont expect book value.. or even close to it in most cases. Normal yield on comics is 1/3 of book value. Some will get you more, some will get you less.
    Jeffery

Quote Originally Posted by Your pal, Jim
    ... (Jeffery) is insane. It was like being in the presence of The Joker, without all the murdering!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickT
    Have you COMPLETELY given up pretending to be straight?

Quote Originally Posted by justjeffery View Post
    Ebay is really the only way to get rid of comics and come close to getting any return. Sets, runs, story arcs etc. Sell variants or hard to find issues as singles. Dont expect book value.. or even close to it in most cases. Normal yield on comics is 1/3 of book value. Some will get you more, some will get you less.
    Oh crap, I was right? I'm never right!

Although I guess that was kind of a given.

Quote Originally Posted by ForkDolphin View Post
    It's funny you say that, but that is how I got into comics. A guy my dad worked with in Germany was moving back to the States and you were only allocated so much weight, anything over you had to pay for so to lighten his load he gave me like a year's worth of comics. I actually had to get rid of some when my dad was being sent to Fort Knox.