BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inappropriate questions???

Inappropriate questions???

So, this weekend at the ECCC, during the Pint o' C.B. panel someone asked a question that I found a little inappropriate. I can't quote it verbatim but he was basically trying to get Matt Fraction to talk shit about Greg Land. It went something like this:

QUESTIONER: "So,I love Uncanny but the art team . . . I mean . . . you know,half of it's good and the other half is . . . meh. Is there going to be anything done about this?"

FRACTION: "Don't talk shit about my art team."

It was excruciating to watch these Fraction, Bendis and Bru try and be nice to this guy and deflect his question in a professional way. They did great, of course, and no harm was done.

I want to hear some funny panel stories about just bizarre questions or comments you've heard.

I'll tell on myself also. If you listen to the Around Comics podcast you'll know that Sal Abbinanti told a story a while back about Grant Morrison shitting his pants. I tried to make a joke about the whole pants shitting thing while I was at ECCC and I could tell he was about sick of hearing about it. Understandable. The man is a talented artist and his legacy should not be a pants shitting anecdote.
    pronounced: Scott H. PDX
    (should have thought of that when I registered)

My blog: If This Be Wednesday

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Foolish Mortal's Avatar

Re: Inappropriate questions???

It's becoming abundantly clear that there are many people today that don't grasp the difference between having discussions on the internet, and having discussions with people in real life.
    Sites that may or may not interest you..

"Is that a roll of quarters in your pocket, or is that my hand in your pocket?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
    Oh god, it really hurts. This must be how Mr. Wilson feels in Dennis the Menace cartoons.

Banned

Sure, I suppose both topics were inappropriate.

But so is swipping. But that's not Matt Fraction's responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Mortal View Post
    It's becoming abundantly clear that there are many people today that don't grasp the difference between having discussions on the internet, and having discussions with people in real life.
    You know, sometimes when people are being smartasses online, people will give 'em the old, "You wouldn't say that shit to someone's face."

So maybe we're finally getting to the generation that would?

Yay?

I'm a drifter. Lonesome drifter. Got no place to call my own no more.

God, I hate it when nerds try to ruin it for the rest of us.

The scene: About a bajillion people asking when Red Hulk was going to go away and basically talking shit about Jeph Loeb.

Me: Leaving
    Quote Originally Posted by RichJohnston View Post
    I'm not a journalist.
    About Me / BART Don't Lie on Tumblr / BART Don't Lie on Facebook / A Guy With Some Marvel Cards / Twitter / Flickr

"Nothing has done more to make us dumber or meaner than the anonymity of the Internet." --Aaron Sorkin

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Foolish Mortal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Hodag View Post
    You know, sometimes when people are being smartasses online, people will give 'em the old, "You wouldn't say that shit to someone's face."

So maybe we're finally getting to the generation that would?

Yay?
    Nay!

I mean, I've said on this board several times before how I think Frank Quitely draws great backgrounds and action sequences, but his people's faces are fugly.

But if I saw him at a convention, would I walk up to him and say that? No. There should always be a certain level of decorum and manners that most people should know.
    Sites that may or may not interest you..

The frustrating thing a lot of the time with stuff like that is, it's not so much an inappropriate question as a fine question worded REALLY badly. You can ask a question about heavily photo referenced artists without sounding like a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by buk was right View Post

The scene: About a bajillion people asking when Red Hulk was going to go away and basically talking shit about Jeph Loeb.

Me: Leaving
    Ugh, that's insane.

Yeah, if I don't like the direction of X-Men or whatever, I just stop reading it, maybe bitch a little on the internet. Not quite feeling the need to try to stalk and humiliate the people behind it.