BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best comics I read this month

Banned

Re: Best comics I read this month

Quote Originally Posted by jason hissong View Post
    I could think of 20 or more creators who, if they put out work, I would get before getting to GJ.

Strokes/folks.
    true...i am a DC guy and no one does DC like GJ

I'm a drifter. Lonesome drifter. Got no place to call my own no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    you 2 are dead to me....

GJ is the best right now...there is not even a close second.
    Meh...

Johns' flair for reimagining the old characters and story points he loved when he was first reading comics have kind of gotten really old to me. It was refreshing on things like Flash and Avengers, because those books had gotten uninteresting, but now it all just seems like old hat for the guy. Ever since Infinite Crisis, I feel like Johns has been spinning his wheels.

Jack Kirby's The Losers kicked ass. Some great war comics. Also, volume 7 of Sandman Mystery Theater. I love how the other JSA guys are starting to make appearances, even if Wesley doesn't know who they are yet. As for new stuff, I'm loving the latest arc on Immortal Iron Fist, and Beland's Spider-Man/Human Torch one-shot was excellent. It really got the relationship between those two. Green Lantern Corps has been pretty hardcore too. Oh, and Black Jack volume 3. God, that series is good.
    "If we met, Rulk would go to shake my hand and I'd just stare at him with my hands in my pockets. Rulk, we will never be cool."
    - Brandon Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Todd (for Canadians) View Post
    You can be as straight as ol' Abe Lincoln, but if you suck enough, a dick is bound to slip in. It's the law of averages.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crushtacean View Post
    Jack Kirby's The Losers kicked ass. Some great war comics. Also, volume 7 of Sandman Mystery Theater. I love how the other JSA guys are starting to make appearances, even if Wesley doesn't know who they are yet. As for new stuff, I'm loving the latest arc on Immortal Iron Fist, and Beland's Spider-Man/Human Torch one-shot was excellent. It really got the relationship between those two. Green Lantern Corps has been pretty hardcore too. Oh, and Black Jack volume 3. God, that series is good.
    Damn, I totally forgot that was out. I'm there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LenNWallace View Post
    Meh...

Johns' flair for reimagining the old characters and story points he loved when he was first reading comics have kind of gotten really old to me. It was refreshing on things like Flash and Avengers, because those books had gotten uninteresting, but now it all just seems like old hat for the guy. Ever since Infinite Crisis, I feel like Johns has been spinning his wheels.
    take it your not reading GL or JSA????

Nice to see Locke & Key getting some love.

Quote Originally Posted by LenNWallace View Post
    Meh...

I feel the same way. I loved his Flash and JSA, but I don't even read anything else he does now besides Green Lantern, and that's only because the color war shit is kicking ass. I honestly think he's writing too much and needs to focus down a little; it feels like his quality has gone down a bit to me as he has taken on more books.
    "If we met, Rulk would go to shake my hand and I'd just stare at him with my hands in my pockets. Rulk, we will never be cool."
    - Brandon Graham

You can be as straight as ol' Abe Lincoln, but if you suck enough, a dick is bound to slip in. It's the law of averages.

Not currently. I read Rebirth and the first arc of GL, then lost interest. Read bits of Sinestro Corps, also didn't grab me and I've tried JSA numerous times since Johns first started writing on it, and just couldn't get into any of those characters. Teen Titans was a great book when he first started on it, but that train pretty much derailed around the same time as Infinite Crisis and the whole Superboy being mind controlled by Luthor shit started.

Quote Originally Posted by gomi View Post
    Nice to see Locke & Key getting some love.
    And it's not just the writing...it's the ideas being fleshed out in the writing. Any time a writer writes something that makes me feel like a shitty writer (and yes, this is me leaving myself open for some shots) you just have to give credit where credit is due.

The whole thing with opening his head with the key was just cool as cool could be.,
    Raven Gregory
    Executive Editor Zenescope Entertainment
    www.zenescope.com
    JOHN 3:16
    http://twitter.com/Ravengregory
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Beranek
    My name is Christian Beranek. You want to go out in the desert and do some peyote?

I'm digging GL, but JSA after the relaunch just lost me. It feels like a different book.
    - Brandon Graham