BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gotta love Outsourcing!

Trouble Boy

Gotta love Outsourcing!

next friday, 8 of my co-workers are losing their IT jobs to India.
    the 5 of us remaining after March 6th, are being formed into a new "Application group".
    how long those of us remaining will hold our jobs is totally up in the air these days.

Outsourcing is really ticking me off. the #1 problem in America's economy right now is Americans losing their jobs and my company goes and does this. I am happy that I still have a few months of life left, but it sucks for these people that I've worked with for almost 9 years.
    I cannot wait till the memo goes out and the companies' employees find out all of their IT issues will now be transfered to Bangalore.

damn I hate outsourcing jobs to other countries!

Re: Gotta love Outsourcing!

We Outsourced a small project to India just so my boss could prove a point, took twice and long and cost three times as much in the end.

Then Again I work for an Outsourcing company, our business is actually doing quite well at the moment

I'd start preparing my resume if I were you. Don't want to get you down, but it could happen to you next. When I was at Amazon, they slowly started sending all the high responsibility CS level jobs to India. Myself and a couple of my co-workers on a specialty team were promised our jobs were safe. Slowly but surely all of our responsibilities were sent to India and we were demoted.

The number one problem is the credit freeze.

Trouble Boy

Quote Originally Posted by billthomason View Post
    I'd start preparing my resume if I were you. Don't want to get you down, but it could happen to you next. When I was at Amazon, they slowly started sending all the high responsibility CS level jobs to India. Myself and a couple of my co-workers on a specialty team were promised our jobs were safe. Slowly but surely all of our responsibilities were sent to India and we were demoted.

already updated the resume this weekend. and will start applying to several federal IT and chemistry jobs this next week.

this company already tried outsourcing twice before and lost millions in sales revenue and were forced to bring those groups back to the main offices here denver and new york...you'd think they would have earned their lesson 2 years ago. blah!

Damn it, Ashwin!
    Helio Gracie -> Rickson Gracie -> Pedro Sauer -> Allen Hopkins -> Steve Miller -> Me (blue belt)

Quote Originally Posted by Greygor View Post
    We Outsourced a small project to India just so my boss could prove a point, took twice and long and cost three times as much in the end.

Then Again I work for an Outsourcing company, our business is actually doing quite well at the moment
    You guys outsourced your outsourcing buisness?

*cranium implodes*
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade
    I think Boris kicks ass... that's not a question... hell, that's not even an opinion. It's a statement of fact...

I was reading Inc. or Entrepreneur or another similar magazine, and they profiled a company that tried outsourcing to India, then reversed themselves and brought the work back to the U.S. It's a lot easier to manage people you are actually with than to correct mistakes when people are 12 time zones away.

But yeah, I don't think it will change given the current business mindset. People are trained in business school to find the lowest cost of labor; things like "providing employment to the local community" are sort of quaint notions, unfortunately.

I lost my first call center job to outsourcing, so I can relate.

It rather sucked, since I was one of the supervisor's it was part of my responsibility to help make sure they were up to speed before the transition.

Nova!

Johnny C:

Girl in a Coma:

MAK15

Supajoe

Trouble Boy

it's kinda morbidly amusing when talking to another employee here and they ask if the IT group was hit by the recent layoffs.
    once I tell them that after next week, all of their calls and issues will be sent to Bangalore to be dealt with...the most popular response so far has been "What the Fuck?!?".

But at least the CEO just announced all management levels will still be receiving their bonuses for 2008. My coworkers' personal sacrifices will be appreciated.