Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new interview with bookslut is up- i think you guys might enjoy it...

Re: My new interview with bookslut is up- i think you guys might enjoy it...

One of the best best bendis interviews. Very nice. Once I started I couldn't stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Boobs do turn frowns upside down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcdachamp View Post
    I'm sorry, I just have no desire to watch Wolverine fuck anyone.
    Buy The Gathering -and other great indie comics via Grayhaven Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Treacle View Post
    Thanks for posting this.

I particularly liked how you handled the whole "having sex with black men is degrading" question.
    I was expecting him to say "Well, I'm of the opinion that having sex with literature is degrading. That's my bread and butter you're fucking!"

Very cool BENDIS. That was pretty neat what you said about Stan Lee.

Wow, this is so dead-on:
    Aunt May is a lot more accepting of Peter Parker being Spider-Man than I could imagine any mother being.
    It’s funny because JMS has written his Aunt May [revelation story] and I remember I was in Greg Rucka’s [NOTE: Rucka is best known for his interpretations of Daredevil and Wolverine] garage and we were talking about if we had written that story Aunt May would have leveled him. “How could you blah blah blah blah blah…” And then I realized we both had Jewish mothers. We just had a different take on the relationship. And my mom would not stop. And then when I wrote it, it did become like my mother again where the instinct was “I’m so mad at you.” And she was pretty mad. And then there’s acceptance. Other than murdering someone I don’t think there’s anything I could do that my mother wouldn’t come to terms with. Any lifestyle I would choose my mom would handle. And that’s true but it wouldn’t be an easy road. And it’s still not an easy road. And [Aunt May] knowing just makes her much smarter. Someone coming out of the closet is the best version of that.
    There’s Superman who’s the greatest American hero. He’s a liar. He’s lying to Lois Lane. He’s lying, lying, lying all the time. That’s not very heroic. It would be more interesting for people to know or for Peter to make the mistake of telling them. It is a mistake and Nick Fury told him it was a mistake and he has paid for that mistake dearly. I don’t want to ruin stuff that hasn’t come out yet, but I’ve written material with Aunt May recently concerning her immense pride over Peter and the massive sacrifice she’s made for him. To see him come out as such a great hero makes it all worthwhile. All that loss, all that loneliness, it’s all worthwhile. That definitely is something I relate to in my life. My mother did sacrifice an awful lot. She raised my brother and myself all by herself in the ‘70s and ‘80s. And it wasn’t easy. And she worked full-time and raised us and I know that not just with my career, but with my family and my children, that there’s a relief that washes over my mother. It was all worth it. I didn’t end up in jail. That is definitely the feeling I wanted to produce in the work because I definitely think they’re getting there.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elder Ethan Van Sciver View Post
    I agree with David the Mighty.
    I agree with Johan the Mighty.
    I agree with Eclipso The Mighty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
    I agree with America Dave.
    Quote Originally Posted by buk was right View Post
    I hate you most of all America Dave.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LuckyLeftyArt
    Sports and Music Pop Art by me
    http://daveloves90scomics.tumblr.com/
    -Fun covers and art from the 90's

Made

Man that was a fine interview, Bendis almost had me crying like a little wuss. Luckily the anal sex with a blackman part of the interview snapped me outta it.

Tobey Maguire is a teen idol? Umm ok.
    Great interview Brian.

What was the dialog you wrote for the Spider-Man movie?

Great interview. The ALIAS question was a little odd. But Bendis came back with a good answer. It must be weird to do interviews and get those kind of bizarre questions. Bendis must be used to it by now I guess. All the Stan Lee stuff was gold.