Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ikea Detolfs

Grifter

Ikea Detolfs

Hello,
    I think a lot of you guys have these. How do you like them. I finally got the go ahead from my other half to take over half the office. I was thinking of doing a wall of these since funds and tight and they seem reasonable.

Are they Sturdy?
    Will they hold two or three FS per shelf? Regular FS not Juggernaut or Apocalypse
    How Dusty do they get?
    Does the glass door seal tight or close to it?

Any help would be great.
    Thanks Chris

Re: Ikea Detolfs

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Hello,
    I think a lot of you guys have these. How do you like them. I finally got the go ahead from my other half to take over half the office. I was thinking of doing a wall of these since funds and tight and they seem reasonable.

Are they Sturdy?
    Will they hold two or three FS per shelf? Regular FS not Juggernaut or Apocalypse
    How Dusty do they get?
    Does the glass door seal tight or close to it?

Any help would be great.
    Thanks Chris
    i have 3 & am pleased. since you assemble them yrself, their sturdiness depends a bit on you. yes, they'll hold 2-3 fs statues per shelf. their max weight is ~13lb/shelf. some really hard-core collectors will double up the glass to hold more weight. there are very strong magnets at the top & btm of the doorway. i took out the btm ones b/c the "kickback" would shimmy the whole thing each time i opened it. they keep the dust out pretty successfully.

No, they are not sturdy IMO. I realized I had several hundred dollars of Bowen stuff in a $60 case, and got rid of my 2. The 3 glass sides are the only support for the whole cabinet. Its literally designed so the top and bottom are pulled together to hold the glass sides in. I ended up getting a few BILLY bookcases, with the optional glass doors, and lights. Much better IMO, and I don't freak out like I did when the Detolfs wobbled.

They're a little smaller inside, but 150% sturdier.

Link:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99837897

Here's one of mine:

We have a thread for this at my site! http://www.statuemarvels.com/showthread.php?t=106 Try posting there & check out the Galleries of everyone's displays!

Thanks

Al

I wouldnt use the Deltofs. I think it was a user named Rafter at Statueforum that had Deltofs that fell apart on him. The pictures were scary!
    Lessons from a 2 year old:
    Cheerios do not make a DVD player work any better.
    'Barbie' is synonymous with any female statue.

http://www.slstoredisplays.com/content/17.htm

Try this place. I have Detlofs and they are ok, but sooner or later I am going to switch to these. Look for the cubes.

I have 6 and love them - I have had them set up for a couple years with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sambofred View Post
    I wouldnt use the Deltofs. I think it was a user named Rafter at Statueforum that had Deltofs that fell apart on him. The pictures were scary!
    that was because he put one of them together incorrectly, if it is the same person...should be, as I only know of 1 person ever having a problem with them.

I have 6 of them, and they are great!!

I have eight of them, and I have no inclination to buy anything but detolfs. They are completely sturdy, and I am 100 percent happy with them. Plus, they're a huge bargain.

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist ...
    Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
    -- G.K. Chesterton --

I've had lots of detolfs for a long time and i've never had a problem. If built inccorectly though, I could see how someone could have problems