BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Iranian To Be Blinded With Acid For Doing Same To Woman

Re: Iranian To Be Blinded With Acid For Doing Same To Woman

Can't we civilized and beat the shit out of that stupid fuck instead? Seriously, I don't feel sorry for scum like this guy.
    Dropping more science than a Kansas school board!

My Facebook - My Google+ - My Twitter - AIM: Bean2999 - GTalk: 19bernardo87@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jason California View Post
    Prisons are a growth industry over here. I am pretty sure that we have the highest incarceration rates in the world.
    Its big business. More inmates = $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Leicester Dan View Post
    Firstly, I in no way am a fan of "vigilante justice". I believe in having a trial and having a person proved guilty before ANY kind of justice is given out.

I'm not stupid enough to think that crime will ever cease totally but I do think that harsher punishments will make people think twice about doing these things and maybe make a few of them stay at home instead of going out and throwing acid in some girls face for example.

Some people have said that nasty things happen everyday. Very true but would any of you be saying the same thing if it was someone that you loved? How about your wife or daughter?

If a dog bites someone then it is put down and there are people out there that are a damn site worse than dogs.
    The US and China have the death sentence. That doesn't deter people from doing crimes which are punishable by death.

Harsher punishments are not deterrents because there'll always be people who are just too driven to do the crime deliberately, and there'll always be people to do crimes in the heat of the moment.

Criminals should not be coddled, but making sentences even harder than they are won't do a damned thing.

What should be done is rethinking sentences for crimes against property and crimes against persons. As it stands, the former often get punished with longer prison sentences than the latter. THAT is something to rail against.

Also, what needs to change is to treat prisons as places of punishment only. They need to return to being places of reform as well. Jason mentioned the veritable prison industry in the United States, for example. It's not a system that encourages reform, so once you're in the slammer all you do is bide your time while having the option to do slave labor for whoever contracts prison work.

Reason 1,854,874 I'm glad I don't live in Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Mauer View Post
    The US and China have the death sentence. That doesn't deter people from doing crimes which are punishable by death.

Harsher punishments are not deterrents because there'll always be people who are just too driven to do the crime deliberately.
    But there will be a damn site less of them who do it again!! When, like this, it is something which is totally pre-meditated there should be no mercy what so ever.

Criminals should not be coddled, but making sentences even harder than they are won't do a damned thing.

Jason mentioned the veritable prison industry in the United States, for example. It's not a system that encourages reform, so once you're in the slammer all you do is bide your time.
    Exactly. Prison sentences don't do crap so longer sentences just do crap all for longer except cost Billy taxpayer even more money in keeping them!

What should be done is rethinking sentences for crimes against property and crimes against persons. As it stands, the former often get punished with longer prison sentences than the latter. THAT is something to rail against.
    And this is something that I completely agree is TOTALLY fucked up!

It may be barbaric, but it does uphold justice... which makes it at least a little less barbaric.

Quote Originally Posted by sabirpirzada View Post
    It may be barbaric, but it does uphold justice... which makes it at least a little less barbaric.

Quote Originally Posted by Thudpucker View Post

Iranian justice, I believe he means.

Eye for an eye and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Huerta View Post
    Its big business. More inmates = $$$

Yeah. The drug war and the prisons systems are intertwined.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLM View Post
    Is this where Jason becomes a dick about semantics?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan A. Elliott View Post
    Iranian justice, I believe he means.

Eye for an eye and all that.
    How is it less barbaric though? You can't really civilize the act of throwing acid in a mans face.