Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey, Al

Re: Hey, Al

I don't know what happened at SF but don't feel too badly, Al, it's easy to get goaded into silly arguements esp online. Besides, we all act like asses every now and then, and at least you're big enough to admit it.

By the way, I just wanted to give a big shout out apology to the following folks...

1. Collection King 13 : For starting an unnessassary thread about you on this forum.
    I should have handled things with you privately.

2. Hellcat Lover : A person who is going through a rough patch. I didn't properly read
    your original post & I automatically thought you were campaigning
    for a FS Hellcat. The charges that my blind enthusiasm with all
    things Bowen, were correct this time. I'm truely sorry that I
    hijacked your very serious thread. I wish the best of luck to your
    family & you.

3. Batwing : Sorry for being a jerk to you the other night. You were always very nice to
    me. I "opened my mouth" before reading or thinking and I'm ashamed of how
    I responded to you.

4. Fenixv2.0 : Same as Batwing. I had a bad night. You've always been nice to me. I
    screwed up. I'm sorry.

5. Mandragora : An EXCELLENT photographer, who according to a pm I received this
    morning, says that I was very nasty to her at one time. Regrettably, I
    don't recall any incidents, but if you read this, please pm me. I'd like
    to apologize for whatever grief I caused you.

6. Many of the Mods at SF : Drew, JDH, Bullseye, and others. Many of you tried to help
    me not get banned & instead of listening to you, I opened
    my big, stupid, mouth. Thanks guys. I do appreciate you
    looking out for me.

If anyone else is upset with me, please pm me.

Happy Holidays!

Al

Quote Originally Posted by HoldyourfireAl View Post
    Ha, ha! The SS Hulk is one that I will always remember! That's what kind of caused my very public Bowen stance. When I said that it didn't like the SS one at all as I think it's ugly, just like BD's original Hulk, I was bashed relentlessly! When I stated that Randy's Smackdown Hulk was my favorite version ever produced, I felt that I had been jumped by an lynch mob!

I sort of got the impression then that a lot of folks were very pro-SS & had some kind of beef with BD & if you didn't think that SS was better, you were considered a cast out, a pariah.

Personally, I don't get why you can't like what you want? So what if I'm a Bowen cheerleader? The defending of SS's "honor" by some folks seems way more protective than I've ever been towards BD.

They're just comic statues!

Weird....

I have both Hulks (SS & BD) and I love them both.

I thought your post in the Hellcat thread was taken out of context. People just used another excuse to jump on you. I don't think you meant to take his downturn lightly.

Remember, its hardly ever the initiator that gets in trouble, but mostly the retaliator.

Of course, in that same thread there are people are asking to buy which is strictly a rule violation, too. But, thats the way the ball bounces I guess
    "Success should never be vilified. It should be celebrated."

the ss hulk rokcs al! best hulk statue to date i disliked the first bd hulk to so were in agreement there...the ugly statement is silly though..is hulk supposed to be good looking?

oh and how can a comic book character be too cartoony....

Quote Originally Posted by CrampedNuggets View Post
    the ss hulk rokcs al! best hulk statue to date i disliked the first bd hulk to so were in agreement there...the ugly statement is silly though..is hulk supposed to be good looking?

hey Boony
    "Success should never be vilified. It should be celebrated."

???

Quote Originally Posted by CrampedNuggets View Post
    Yeah, artists like Brian Bolland, Dave Gibbons, Mike Deodato, and Gabrielle Del'Otto - just to, you know, name a few - are really well-known for creating iconic characters in a "cartoony" style.

Nice. Real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by CougarTrace View Post
    hey Boony
    God help me, I hope you're kidding. If that's the case, I can no longer claim the Jinxworld Bowen section as the poster child for message board literacy.
    Last edited by Tatterdemalion; 12-14-2008 at 01:54 PM. Reason: To clarify for CrampedNuggets/Boondocksant, who can't seem to decide which account to post under

Quote Originally Posted by Tatterdemalion View Post
    God help me, I hope you're kidding. If that's the case, I can no longer the Jinxworld Bowen section as the poster child for message board literacy.
    no you can be the poster child for writing sentences that make sense LOL