Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Secret Invasion Finale the Discussion! SPOILERS a plenty

Re: Secret Invasion Finale the Discussion! SPOILERS a plenty

Yeah, the collection of villains in Avengers Tower isn't Osbourne's personal entourage; they're the supervillain equivalment of the Illuminati, joking referred to as the "Illuminaughty." Just as Professor X, Black Bolt, Reed Richards, Namor, Dr. Strange, and Iron Man occasionally met to make sure the world was on the up and up, this secret group of villains is essentially going to ensure that with Osbourne as head of H.A.M.M.E.R., their own agendas are met. It is also worth noting that the Hood is essentially serving as Dormammu's proxy.

On its face, Dark Reign is a massive shift in the status quo.

It is also worth noting that the Dark Avengers roster more correctly consists of: The Iron Patriot (Norman Osbourne), Ms. Marvel (Moonstone), Hawkeye (Bullseye), Wolverine (Wolverine's son from Wolverine: Origins, Daken), Venom (supposedly not Scorpion), Noh-Varr, Ares, and The Sentry. Meanwhile, the new line-up for the Thunderbolts is said to include The Ghost, Ant-Man, and the Black Widow II (Yelena Belova) among others.

I'm a casual reader of comics at best, only picking up trade paperbacks ... but this entire arc - Dark Reign - is going to be one I'm watching very closely, because anything that gets some of Marvel's major supervillains (and some not so major) into the limelight is 100% solid by me. I love the Thunderbolts book and I actually really enjoy the characterization of Norman Osbourne as a fucking medicated psychopath who has managed to project this image of not only sanity, but professionalism, political machismo, and keen management while teetering on the brink (and sometimes plunging over the side) of a complete breakdown. Maybe soon they'll have him hurling blondes off a bridge, but not before some bugfuck insane Machivellian plot.

Honestly, I'm vehemently excited about Dark Reign.
    Last edited by Tatterdemalion; 12-05-2008 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Forgot Ares

now we DEFINITELY should get a FS Wasp statue, in memoriam, as it were!

Dark Avengers will be Osborn's Avengers. Their
    line-up will include...

- Venom
    - Somebody in an Iron Man armor that's painted
    like Captain America.

I think this is Norman
    - Hawkeye (who seems to be the Swordsman
    from the Thunderbolts).

this is bullseye

- A lady Wolverine. (X-23 anyone?) It's daken
    - Moonstone or someone dressed up in Ms. Marvel's I think you got this one right

original costume.
    - Noh-Varr (the wannabe new Captain Marvel)
    - Ares

This all sounds like a reflection of our society as it's headed today ??????

Chiseler

I love the "new" Norman Osborne character. Thunderbolts is currently one of my favorite books.

i dont think there taking orders from osborn, i think there just all taking advantage of the chaos after the invasion. i would be ssuprised if osborn is sending doom out on missoons. i think they will be as the illumanti was, coming together to dicuss how to run things, that keep things in there advantage.

i think this happens everytime something changes in the marvel unicerse. everyone gets upset whenever something changes. but if marvel never made any changes people would be pissed at that.

i am not a fan of every change. but i also take comics for what they are, entertainment. if i dont like a certain change. i dont read that book. things will change again, and if i like those changes i will pick that book up again.

i think being the editor in chief of marvel is a tough gig. your damn if you do damn if you dont. if you make a change people are pissed that its not the same. if you keep it the same people get pissed that there isnt enough change. i got to meet joe quesada last week and i can say that he is a very nice guy, to take time out of his busy schedule and meet with me was vey nice. i honestly think that he does what he thinks is best for marvel, even if it upsets a lot of people. who can blame him for that, thats his job.

i personally dont like normon osborn in chare, but i will keep reading to see what happens next. and that is what comics are supposed to do, keep you waiting for the next book.

So, when will the crossover end?
    Lessons from a 2 year old:
    Cheerios do not make a DVD player work any better.
    'Barbie' is synonymous with any female statue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatterdemalion View Post
    Yeah, the collection of villains in Avengers Tower isn't Osbourne's personal entourage; they're the supervillain equivalment of the Illuminati, joking referred to as the "Illuminaughty." Just as Professor X, Black Bolt, Reed Richards, Namor, Dr. Strange, and Iron Man occasionally met to make sure the world was on the up and up, this secret group of villains is essentially going to ensure that with Osbourne as head of H.A.M.M.E.R., their own agendas are met. It is also worth noting that the Hood is essentially serving as Dormammu's proxy.

On its face, Dark Reign is a massive shift in the status quo.

It is also worth noting that the Dark Avengers roster more correctly consists of: The Iron Patriot (Norman Osbourne), Ms. Marvel (Moonstone), Hawkeye (Bullseye), Wolverine (Wolverine's son from Wolverine: Origins, Daken), Venom (supposedly not Scorpion), Noh-Varr, Ares, and The Sentry.
    I say - The original Beetle is Iron Patriot, and that Swordsman/Fenris Twin guy is Hawkeye.

The female in the classic MS. Marvel costume may still be Ultra Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldyourfireAl View Post
    I say - The original Beetle is Iron Patriot, and that Swordsman/Fenris Twin guy is Hawkeye.
    Hmm ... Abner Jenkins as the Iron Patriot. Never crossed my mind, but it could be interesting; he was always wary/relucant of Zemo's villainy, so it doesn't necessarily seem in-character for him to play Osbourne's mad dog, but who knows!

And I thought Strucker was running around being creepy and incestuous with his Arnim Zola-reproduced sister?