BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 437 of 672 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 6714

Thread: it's 5AM...what do YOU want to discuss?

Re: it's 5AM...what do YOU want to discuss?

Quote Originally Posted by (akaRyanHoffman) View Post
    They need to reissue those oversized Carl Barks duck hardcovers in America.
    The old edition was in black & white. The recent European one was in color, had lots of scholarly material, and was overseen by Geoffrey Blum. Fantagraphics will publish the new American edition of the Carl Barks Collection and contacted several Barks experts to write essays.

- Volume 1: Lost in the Andes
    Last edited by Andreas; 07-10-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    The old edition was in black & white. The recent European one was in color, had lots of scholarly material, and was overseen by Geoffrey Blum. Fantagraphics will publish the new American edition of the Carl Barks Collection and contacted several Barks experts to write essays.
    awesome. We really are in a golden age of comics right now!

"Reality is not a popularity contest. Reality is what it is, regardless of who knows it"

"The well-meaning contention that all ideas have equal merit seems to me little different from the disastrous contention that no ideas have any merit." Carl Sagan

If it weren't for the global financial and economic crisis, it would be even better.

I haven't even caught up with the EC Archives in color and the Blueberry Chronicles (in German) yet.

If it weren't for the global financial and economic crisis, it would be even better.

I haven't even caught up with the EC Archives in color yet.
    Me either. I want those Kurtzman war comics. I here a lot of them are going out-of-print already.

"Reality is not a popularity contest. Reality is what it is, regardless of who knows it"

"The well-meaning contention that all ideas have equal merit seems to me little different from the disastrous contention that no ideas have any merit." Carl Sagan

Man, watching an episode or two a week of the Twilight Zone is going to take me a few years to get through them.

Me either. I want those Kurtzman war comics. I here a lot of them are going out-of-print already.
    I got the first volume of Two-Fisted Tales and the two Mad Archives by DC.

Man, watching an episode or two a week of the Twilight Zone is going to take me a few years to get through them.
    Yep. This is what I did, too.

Yep. This is what I did, too.
    I'm three weeks in, watched episode four and five this week.

Episode five, Walking Distance, was the first really memorable episode I've watched.

I've decided to watch/listen to the special features/commentary tracks that look interesting in the process too.

Walking Distance has a good commentary from a Sterling panel he did in the seventies. At that point he felt the episode was a failure.

"Where Is Everybody?" may have been the blueprint that inspired Batman's isolation experiment in Morrison's Batman. And "Walking Distance"... I think Ellison perfected Serling's original story in "One Life, Furnished in Early Poverty," it's impossible for me to divide the two.

I have the first edition without the extras and remastering. Would be interested in some of the comments, too.

Wait until you reach the first Beaumont and George Clayton Johnson episodes.

"Where Is Everybody?" may have been the blueprint that inspired Batman's isolation experiment in Morrison's Batman. And "Walking Distance"... I think Ellison perfected Serling's original story in "One Life, Furnished in Early Poverty," it's impossible for me to divide the two.

I have the first edition without the extras and remastering. Would be interested in some of the comments, too.

Wait until you reach the first Beaumont and George Clayton Johnson episodes.
    Yeah, I had the same observation with the parrelles with "Walking Distance" and "One Life...".

I know I've seen plenty of Twilight Zone when I was growing up, but with most of them it'll be like watching them for the first time as an adult.

I don't think the Serling show was ever shown on local tv, so I could only watch the occasional episode on holidays and read the occasional issue of Twilight Zone Magazine.*) But with writers like Serling or Theodore Sturgeon there was an immediate connection, as if I had known them all my life.

*) Oh, and Marc Scott Zicree's The Twilight Zone Companion, which became kind of a bible for me.