Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bendis on Dark Reign, SI at IGN

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Foolish Mortal's Avatar

Re: Bendis on Dark Reign, SI at IGN

Quote Originally Posted by NickT View Post
    I dunno on this. I get the who war argument, but I don't believe that everyone who goes into a war is neccesarily a killer. Some people would try not to kill, or just freeze when they have the chance to.

Also, the problem is that in the continuing medium that is comics it could make some heroes look a bit hypocritical. Spider-Man would kill Skrulls but then treat Punisher as wrong for killing mass murderers or terrorists?

Having said all this, it's pretty easy to block stuff out if you don't like it. In the Savage Land the only people doing stuff that had to be killing stuff was people who would definately be up for the killing.
    There's an important distinction between a soldier fighting in a war and a police officer enforcing the law.

This is why after the end of the Kang Dynasty storyline, Ms. Marvel was exonerated in an Avengers tribunal for killing the Master. Because the world was in a major crisis from Kang's invasion. It was a World War, not law enforcement in a community.
    Sites that may or may not interest you..

so this has got me wondering if jeph loeb is taking over mighty avengers.

"It's my duty in my role as a superhero to sully myself in pointless excercises of narcissism"

Yes, Nick Spencer won after all....
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Hock View Post
    Why is there a new thread? WHAT'S GOING ON! And who is captain sensation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal DeLay View Post
    Best. Reply. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Captain Sensation wins the internet for today.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Mortal View Post
    There's an important distinction between a soldier fighting in a war and a police officer enforcing the law.

This is why after the end of the Kang Dynasty storyline, Ms. Marvel was exonerated in an Avengers tribunal for killing the Master. Because the world was in a major crisis from Kang's invasion. It was a World War, not law enforcement in a community.
    But I'd argue a difference between a soldier fighting a war and somebody who isn't a soldier in a war.

I've got no problem with some heroes killing, Ms Marvel has a military background so it makes sense. My point is that seemingly everyone went into "Okay it's a war, so I now kill" mentality. Just because it is kill or be killed, doesn't mean everyone kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sensation View Post
    so this has got me wondering if jeph loeb is taking over mighty avengers.
    Bendis said people will be happy with the new writer.

I was a bit overwhelmed by the Dark Reign and Dark Avengers announcements, but that interview has me prepared to shell out more cash to Bendis...

Actually, that's kind of creepy! What did that bald bastard do to my brain with his sexy words!?

I'm glad to see that Marvel isn't going to do a big event next year. As much as I love Secret Invasion, I'm starting to get event burnout.

Quote Originally Posted by NickT View Post
    ptsd?
    Post-traumatic stress disorder

Quote Originally Posted by Jason California View Post
    Gong is all right.

For people nervous about how it's going to end, that's a cool thing. You don't know how it's going to end! We're a bunch of jaded, seen-it-all fans, you know? It's hard to come up with a story where you don't know how it's going to end, you know? And I saw it today they don't know what's going to happen! I was on the message boards. So, that's cool.
    Bendis, I hope you realize that you'll have to answer to a LOT of people if this story ends with the skrulls winning.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kefky View Post
    Bendis, I hope you realize that you'll have to answer to a LOT of people if this story ends with the skrulls winning.

Just sayin'.
    You're in luck--there's no way that's happening.

The level of Skrull over-exposure pretty much guarantees that they're going to disappear after this event's over.

Consiliere Lord Jermaine Retail's Avatar

Great piece! I'm super excited for..well whatever is coming up next after SI. I'm excited for the remaining two issues and I think we are all taking Yu for granted. He's managing to do an action oriented series with tons of specific looking characters as well as tons of intricately designed Super Skrulls and he is getting it to us on schedule. Same for Morales and Martin. Sure, some of you will say that they're supposed to do that, but we know that it is indeed difficult. But they've gotten six issues in our hands, each one looking better than the one before. So these guys need acknowledgment for that. Seriously.
    carlgiannini: All I wanted to know is what trades have been released. Now I've committed to spend an extra hundred or two on comics. What happened here?
    The Lord Retail: I happened. Lord Retail happened to you. I'm sorry friend, but I simply can't turn it off..