howdy John, i've listened to various podcast with you and read the interview with lord retail when he talked to you and IIRC the other interviews were about your interests and non podcast related questions. i was wondering if i could ask a couple of podcast/word balloon related questions. however, if you decide to keep the mystique up i completely understand. i was listening to the bendis tapes part 2 today and just had a few questions pop into my head about all the work you put into these podcasts.
in no particular order:
1. when interviewing your subject how much conversation is actually taped versus how much is actually heard? i know the bendis tapes run hours in podcast form but are also edited down before posted.
2. which do you prefer more, asking your subject questions that you've prepared or do you like the bendis tape format where board members come up with the questions and you kinda play off them?
3. what is the process of getting a podcast online? how much time passes between the day of the interview and the day you upload the podcast online?
4. how long does it take to edit an interview?
5. i'm sure you contact people all the time for interviews but how often do people contact you for an interview?
i'm sure there are more but i'm blanking right now. it'd be very interesting to learn some insight on what you do. i have about a forty five minute drive into and home from work, and during work i have a two hour supply run that gives me lots of time to listen to various things, and every morning i turn my computer on to see if there is a new word balloon to download and listen to at some point during my daily drives.
thanks in advance if you decide to answer these. keep up the excellent work. very much looking forward to the bendis tapes part 3 tomorrow morning.