BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite versions of characters that have never been used again...

Favourite versions of characters that have never been used again...

And by that I don't mean characters that have never been used again. Just versions of currently existing ones.

For me, gotta be Taskmaster from Gail Simone's Deadpool (and the mini he appeared in before that by Ken Siu-Chong).

Don't get me wrong, I like the character in Initiative, but that skull mask and cape just don't sit right with me. The look from Deadpool just looked cooler to me. And the character really impressed me too.

Just seems a shame that it's all but been forgotten these days.

www.grayhavencomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    Once again, Howlett is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    That's why they call me Simple Slewo.

Re: Favourite versions of characters that have never been used again...

This isn't a man. It's a broken kite
    Read Shiver in the Dark
    2.3 Million South Korean won translates to this much in US Dollars right now
    Fuck the Patriots
    I am the of the K-Men
    Quote Originally Posted by J. R. Scherer View Post
    I'd say that I'm saddened rather than bothered by the very concept of religion regardless of what it affects. Kind of the same way I'm saddened to see Twilight movies be blockbusters or Rob Liefeld books sell like crazy.

Juggernaut from Chuck Austen's X-Men. Austen takes a lot of crap, but he's one of the few writers that's actually given Juggernaut some characterization beyond being the X-Men's Hulk.
    Follow me @Marcdachamp on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Howlett View Post
    And by that I don't mean characters that have never been used again. Just versions of currently existing ones.

For me, gotta be Taskmaster from Gail Simone's Deadpool (and the mini he appeared in before that by Ken Siu-Chong).

Don't get me wrong, I like the character in Initiative, but that skull mask and cape just don't sit right with me. The look from Deadpool just looked cooler to me. And the character really impressed me too.

Just seems a shame that it's all but been forgotten these days.
    I love the retro look but you're right, the revamped look was quite cool!

They can take our lands, but they can't take our FREEDOM!

I don't understand the title of this thread. Sorry, should I say, "uI doun't understaund thue tiutle ouf thius threaud."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Busse View Post
    I don't understand the title of this thread. Sorry, should I say, "uI doun't understaund thue tiutle ouf thius threaud."
    oh Youu
    Read Shiver in the Dark
    Fuck the Patriots
    I am the of the K-Men
    I'd say that I'm saddened rather than bothered by the very concept of religion regardless of what it affects. Kind of the same way I'm saddened to see Twilight movies be blockbusters or Rob Liefeld books sell like crazy.

Chuck Austen's Juggernaut. Like Mardachamp said already, Austen may have taken a lot of shit and rightfully so given that most of his X-Men stories were complete garbage but I really liked what he did with The Juggernaut, and I think they kinda continued with those ideas on The Juggernaut into his role in New Excalibur but as far as I know he's become a villain again and well... I just think that kinda sucks.

I'm a guy that thinks that as far as villains are concerned well... there's two kinds of villains; there's those that are so intricately entwined into the history of a character that they can never go away, guys like The Joker, or Lex Luthor or Dr. Octopus, The Green Goblin, Magneto, Ultron etc. And then there's villains who just fall into a state of bored redundancy and at that point they should either genuinely reform and become a hero themselves or just die... and I thought/think that the "villainous" Juggernaut is just too played out and so utterly boring at this point that it was nice to see him acting the hero.

Plus I wanted to write a series that featured The Juggernaut driving cross-country in a giant dune buggy type van built for him by Forge called the Jugger-Buggy, and just going cross-country doing do-gooder jobs in small towns. He'd also start to lose his powers since he'd lost the Cytorrak Crystal and he found it for sale on eBay and lost the auction in the last 10 seconds and tracks down the guy who auction sniped him so that he can restore his powers to full capacity. Rhino would've accompanied him for at least part of the journey. The first issue would've featured him breaking up an attempted terrorist attack at a Mets game and then getting into a fight with Spider-Man in the Mets' outfield. Spider-Man being unawares that he'd reformed and thinking he was in on the attack. But I can't do that now, since he's gone back to being a "bad guy" apparently...

jugger buggy would be awesome
    Read Shiver in the Dark
    Fuck the Patriots
    I am the of the K-Men

Blink. The original concept. A scared little girl who didn't understand her own abilities, and who's first great act of courage was to sacrifice herself to save the rest of the kids who would later become Generation X.

Fuck that stereotypical badass Age of Apocalypse bullshit.

I want my scared Clarice Ferguson!!!!

RECKSTAR - a webcomic in space! Updates Tuesdays | GATEWALKER - an urban fantasy serial novel from JukePopSerials.com! Updates...?
    Words of wisdom...

Quote Originally Posted by Mylazycat View Post
    Seriously, you should be writing comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by dasNdanger View Post
    Can you please write all my comic books from now on??
    Quote Originally Posted by BENDIS! View Post
    treat others the way you want to be treated, you dicks.
    "Don't be cool. Like everything." - Shaky Kane