BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship theory...

All things being equal, I'd rather be in Philadelphia

Relationship theory...

Guys that constantly tout that they are "nice guys" and go out of their way to prove that they are "nice guys" do so because they have nothing else to offer in a relationship (or believe that they don't).

Discuss.

To clarify, I don't mean guys that are nice and respectfull, but guys who think that is or should be their main selling point. To paraphrase Chris Rock, "You're supposed to be nice! What you want, a cookie?"

Banned

Re: Relationship theory...

That might be true. I have other things to offer, but right now can't really date anyone.

I think we've discussed this before off-board, Akira.

All I know is I can only judge on my own actions. And those actions are that I'm trying to build up the things worth offering. So yes, there might be some merit to your theory.
    Last edited by Lyfeforce; 07-23-2008 at 09:39 AM.

"I don't have any ambition, but I'm extremely nice, so you have to give me some credit."

I'm one of those "nice guys", and yes, I suppose we use that label as an excuse for other faults. I'm trying to break out of it, and I think I'm becoming less "nice" but more honest.

Girls love nice guys. The problem is a lot of people, on the guys side, seem to think "nice" means "Non-aggressive". You can still be nice, but you need to be aggressive and confident moreso.

I think guys that tout do so more as a lament for why they aren't in a relationship, because it's easier to feed the stereotype that women don't respond at all to nice guys rather than face up to whatever other shortcomings the guy might have that's turning off women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan the Shaggy View Post
    Shut up Mike!

Made

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE D View Post
    I think guys that tout do so more as a lament for why they AREN'T in a relationship, because it's easier to feed the stereotype that women don't respond at all to nice guys rather than face up to whatever other shortcomings the guy might have that's turning off women.
    Bingo.
    Quote Originally Posted by CougarTrace View Post
    another good poster. Max and I don't see eye to eye on some issues, but I respect him for being passionate about some stances at his age.
    Awards!

Banned

I pretty much agree with everything that's being said.

GODFATHER The Cheap-Arse Film Critic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    Guys that constantly tout that they are "nice guys" and go out of their way to prove that they are "nice guys" do so because they have nothing else to offer in a relationship (or believe that they don't).

Discuss.

... Wow, I really have nothing.

However, if a girl I was interested in ha no interest in me, and then started seeing someone who treated her like shit, and a mutual friend told me this story in a tone of voice that implied that I should feel sorry for her, I totally reserve the rght to say, "Well, she was onto a good thing with me, and she didn't want it, so, frankly, I think she's getting what she fucking desrves."

All things being equal, I'd rather be in Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by Evan the Shaggy View Post
    Girls love nice guys. The problem is a lot of people, on the guys side, seem to think "nice" means "Non-aggressive". You can still be nice, but you need to be aggressive and confident moreso.
    Yeah I think this is a big part of it too.

I thought of this cause I'm listening to Dan Savage's Savage Love Podcast and the first call was from a "nice guy" that Dan just ripped apart for being kinda spineless and worrying too much about being PC when dating.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being a nice guy, but you gotta bring something else to the table. Even if it's not all that interesting to you personally, someone you're dating could find it utterly facinating. Smart? Play up your intellect. Well read? Focus on that. Funny? You've got it fucking made. etc.