BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Seriously, why does Lucas get to make movies?

Re: Seriously, why does Lucas get to make movies?

Quote Originally Posted by shoelaceless View Post
    You know, I was just kidding around with that first post but now that I think about it, Wes Anderson would make a badass superhero action movie. Remember the scene from The Life Aquatic with "search and destroy" playing? That was fucking awesome!
    Yeah yeah... fair enough.
    AIM ID : ashpcomics | Website |Blog | Twitter |

Why do you get to make threads?

I was willing to read this thread because WillieLee had posted in it, and I had hopes he had done right by it?

Oh sweet Jesus I was wrong. I mean, what could you possibly have spent all your time on to need to do another post...ever?

I will not easily read another thread that you're inolved with, and doubt I'll read something with WillieLee's name on it.

All things being equal, I'd rather be in Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by James Patrick View Post
    because his movies make about a half a billion a piece
    Sounds reasonable to me.

All things being equal, I'd rather be in Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    There can't be a superhero movie with a soundtrack featuring The Clash, the Rolling Stones, David Bowie or The Beatles.
    Yes there can. It's coming out next March and Zack Snyder is directing it

At least The Princess waited til she saw the film to throw out the criticism. Reading the thread, and all the preemptive critical airstrikes, about the leaked trailer for The Spirit made me tired all over.

"And remember, if you're out on your bike tonight, people, do wear white."

George Lucas rocks!...

except for the last 27 years.

I don't think I'd see another Lucas movie again either.

Spielberg gets a pass from me though - he has a much better track record IMO.
    Will Munny: All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down.

Wow. Spielberg isn't the only one crawled up in Lucas' ass. Y'all, I'm married to a Star Wars freak of nature - I know very well what Lucas has done. I really enjoy the original SW trilogy. You can defend Lucas all you want because he once did something good - that does not mean he gets to forever after do crap. I think he has started to realize he can't direct. I just wish that he'd come up with another idea. Originality is no longer his strong point.

Also, I didn't post more specifics because I didn't say there were spoilers, and to be more specific would have been spoilage for anyone who hasn't seen the movie.

Spielberg has done some amazing movies - I would say much more good than crap. That's exactly why I am so annoyed. He knows how to make a great movie. IMO, he's a better filmmaker than Lucas and therefore, should trump Lucas'. I think it's obvious he did not.

I do not expect Oscar winners. I expect a good, fun movie that doesn't have a cop out ending. I expect Spielberg to know exactly what makes an Indiana movie and continue to make one. Aliens do not an Indiana movie make. OMG the ending makes me so mad.

I really enjoyed the Indy/Marian story. Harrison Ford seemed to actually remember how to act as Indy once she came on screen. Until that point, I was pretty disappointed in Ford, too.

I was really surprised at how bad the CGI was. One would think Lucas would not sign off on anything less than stellar and some of that CGI was just not good. It's one thing to know that it has to be CGI, it's another thing to think "I wish that CGI was in focus." I could even overlook that, because going in, I had heard the movie was CGI heavy. Still disappointing. Lucas used to be innovative. Spielberg is no stranger to CGI. How they put out such subpar movie technology, I dunno.

I'm just sayin, Lucas needs to be done now.
    The Princess

Lucas I'll agree with you on. Spielberg, however, I completely disagree with on... including Indy IV. While not a great film, by any stretch, it has brilliant imagery and more than enough fun moments to make it a pleasurable 1.5 hours of movie magic (despite it being a 2 hour movie.)
    Zork T. Cat 7/1994-10/2013 RIP

Right Guy

Quote Originally Posted by The Princess View Post
    Wow. Spielberg isn't the only one crawled up in Lucas' ass. Y'all, I'm married to a Star Wars freak of nature - I know very well what Lucas has done. I really enjoy the original SW trilogy. You can defend Lucas all you want because he once did something good - that does not mean he gets to forever after do crap. I think he has started to realize he can't direct. I just wish that he'd come up with another idea. Originality is no longer his strong point.
    Why not? If he can get financing to do his movies, produce them and put them out, why shouldnt he do more? No one has to go if they dont want to.