BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gone Baby Gone...Spoilers !!!

Re: Gone Baby Gone...Spoilers !!!

Like someone else stated, legally, right thing, morally wrong thing. Man, I loved this movie, surprised me totally. I got the Blu-Ray from ebay solely based on the rave reviews this movie got and the reputation of Dennis Lehane, who's known for his dark themes. Man, loved loved LOVED this movie. Ben Affleck--great director, and his brother, Casey--wonderful actor. Everybody was great!!!! But the ending--man, one of those movies that haunt you hours, days afterwards.

Even though the Angie character was completely watered down from the book, she had two of my favorite moments in the film:

At the quarry when she runs and dives off the edge with no hesitation.

Near the end when she says "If you do this, I'll hate you, and I don't want to hate you", which just broke my heart.

I'd love to see more of the series adapted, but the first film being one of the middle books makes that tricky.

READ TOWN OF SHADOWS, AN ONGOING WEBCOMIC AT
    http://www.comicspace.com/mattlinton
    AND A BOY CALLED MONK, AN ORIGINAL COMIC STRIP AT
    http://www.aboycalledmonk.smackjeeves.com

Quote Originally Posted by Matt C. Linton View Post
    Even though the Angie character was completely watered down from the book, she had two of my favorite moments in the film:

At the quarry when she runs and dives off the edge with no hesitation.

Near the end when she says "If you do this, I'll hate you, and I don't want to hate you", which just broke my heart.

I'd love to see more of the series adapted, but the first film being one of the middle books makes that tricky.
    Agree...When she dove into the quarry made the hair on my arms rise.
    Don't do it Ninja... Don't!!!!

Don't waste all of your energy on stealth you still need to penetrate the chest plates.

Xbox tag BronxRonin

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=48568684

http://web.mac.com/bronxronin1/iWeb/...20Cricket.html
    http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17l7...f/original.gif

I loved this movie.

I had a feeling that Angie was actually in on it from the time of the quarry onward. It seemed to me that she struggled with the decision but eventually decided it was right to leave the girl with Morgan Freeman's character. Which is why she was so angry with little Affleck for taking her away.

I loved everything about the movie except Affleck randomly taking his girlfriend everywhere with him. "Hey honey, I'm going to go meet with some kidnappers...you want to come along?" "Sure honey, sounds like fun!" It's just jarring to have her in those scenes--I get why they put her in there, but it hurts the logic of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Henderson View Post
    I loved everything about the movie except Affleck randomly taking his girlfriend everywhere with him. "Hey honey, I'm going to go meet with some kidnappers...you want to come along?" "Sure honey, sounds like fun!" It's just jarring to have her in those scenes--I get why they put her in there, but it hurts the logic of the film.
    weren't they "partners", as in both were active detectives?

Quote Originally Posted by DrMachine View Post
    weren't they "partners", as in both were active detectives?
    I don't remember, but either way, there was nothing that established her as being able to handle herself in danger or anything similar. It's like taking your research assistant to a shootout--all she can really do is get shot.

I don't remember, but either way, there was nothing that established her as being able to handle herself in danger or anything similar. It's like taking your research assistant to a shootout--all she can really do is get shot.
    I didn't think she was any less qualified than her husband, who didn't seem very qualified himself.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMachine View Post
    I didn't think she was any less qualified than her husband, who didn't seem very qualified himself.
    He knew the world and they established his street survival skills well enough, I thought.

He knew the world and they established his street survival skills well enough, I thought.
    It seemed to me that most of his "street skills" involved getting in touch with someone he knew in highschool. Then proceeding to offend the people he needed help from by insulting them. Not really the best way to get things done "on the street".