BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Joe Q returns to weekly online Q&A column!

Re: Joe Q returns to weekly online Q&A column!

Quote Originally Posted by HOOKS View Post
    I never saw any of the Newsarama staff (beyond reviews, which are fair game) react subjectively to One More Day.
    I did, plenty. I like the staff there, they're all good at what they do, but it wasn't their finest hour. Matt himself clearly wasn't a fan. It got so bad Dan Slott basically shut him down during his first BND interview, and I thought that was a real smart move.

I also think some of the Countdown columns (especially early on) crossed the line and really were more about badgering the editor than learning more about the book.

It's an occasional problem, not a constant one, but it's still there. Like the site a lot overall though.
    Last edited by Nick Spencer; 03-09-2008 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nwspencer View Post
    I did, plenty. I like the staff there, they're all good at what they do, but it was their finest hour.
    So you're saying their dislike of OMD was epic? Awesome!

In all seriousness though, I probably missed a few of the articles that showed a more subjective light on OMD, so I'll concede the point and both denounce and reject my previous assessment.

Or the fact that Myspace has a membership of trillions while Newsarama... doesn't.

Joe Quesada is in the business of making money, and it's more likely that there is more money to be made on Myspace than there is on Newsarama. From a business standpoint, it makes more sense to promote your books where it is more likely to be seen by people who might potentially become new buyers. Newsarama is a niche website that caters to already existing comic book readers, while Myspace is one of the top websites period whose target audience goes hand in hand with comics, and can help/is helping comics become cool in the minds of young people.

And really, considering all the controversy Marvel's been involved in since 2001, do you really think Joe Quesada would frustratingly pack his things and "leave" Newsarama *just* because of One More Day?
    hey, now there's a man who knows a thing or two about a thing or two! well done!

I felt that most of their articles portrayed OMD/BND with a negative spin. You could tell that the staff didn't like the story in their writing. Hell they went as far as having an entire thread where almost the whole staff reviewed it. That is a little overkill. I don't have a problem with them disliking the story, but it should not show in a news story. News is supposed to be subjective and purely fact based. Again, I like Newsarama, I visit the site a lot, but I thought they crossed the line a little bit.

I'm pleased as punch that it's coming back, but as a Newsarama loyalist, bummed that it's not going to be on the site anymore. The smiley was attempting to illustrate this complex ambivalence. I don't know why people are pissed that it's on MySpace, though. They can put it wherever they want, I'll read it.

So you're saying their dislike of OMD was epic? Awesome!

In all seriousness though, I probably missed a few of the articles that showed a more subjective light on OMD, so I'll concede the point and both denounce and reject my previous assessment.
    Dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by NickT View Post
    I don't get it, what's the difference? You click on a link, you read it, you leave.
    I just don't like MySpace.
    AIM ID : ashpcomics | Website |Blog | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    I'm pleased as punch that it's coming back, I don't know why people are pissed that it's on MySpace, though. They can put it wherever they want, I'll read it.
    Agreed. I am just happy to see Joe back interacting with the fans. Joe Fridays was one of the things I looked forward to every week. I think he is being very smart about the directions he is taking Marvel. I think him trying new avenues to get comics exposed to a broader audience gets overlooked. His appearances on the Colbert Report, the articles in the news, and now this MySpace launch are really going to open comics to a great deal of exposure. Having the amazing stable of creators that Marvel does will ensure that the exposure isn't for nothing.

For those who don't want to bother with myspace to ask questions for Joe Quesada's new column, you can also post your questions over at marvel.com:

http://www.marvel.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=109787
    I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet.