BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bought/Thought 1/16 bitches!

Bought/Thought 1/16 bitches!

Messiah Complex: Parts 10, 11 and 12- PICK OF THE WEEK! Man, it's been sucky waiting to read these, but damn was it worth it. I am so excited for the X-Books after this is all over with. So many characters are getting a new breath of life. Bishop, for example. There's a character I felt should have died during Onslaught, but now has a renewed sense of purpose. Kyle and Yost have me excited for X-Force, too. If this is the kind of action we can expect monthly, I'm signed up. Some have complained that Ramos was a little too action crazy with Part 12, but I think it needed to be action crazy. I'm so happy for Bachalo to finish everything up next week. The guy's blown me away with his 2 parts so far. 9/10

Amazing Spider-Man- Blah blah, McNiven rocks. Ok, got that out of the way. Fun issue, with a very old-school flair. That's kind of Slott's M.O., and I don't mind it, but I hope that doesn't get overused. Otherwise, Brand New Day will flop hard. But, we are off to a good start. I liked the reference to the Hood, too. 8/10

Cable and Deadpool- I'm gonna miss this book. I'm excited for Cable's solo book (man, that feels weird to say), but I wish they could have kept the books combined somehow. I just don't have faith in Daniel Way. He's not really a "comedic" writer. Anyway, it looks like next month's gonna be every bit as crazy as the rest of the book. Sweet. 8/10

Transformers- Things are getting interesting. Furman's imagination really gets to run wild with control over Generation 1. When you really think about it, that's not something he's ever had. I'm glad he isn't just using the same old characters. He really has the time to plan things out, and that's gonna pay off. Unlike... 8/10

Beast Wars- Furman, I love you, but let's not dance around the truth. This sucked. I get it. I get exactly what you were going for. But all we really got was a rushed mess. He had some very lofty goals, but he just couldn't accomplish much in the time frame. In fact, this seems to happen when he gets rushed. Look at Transformers Armada. World's Collide was incredible, but the follow-up didn't even see Unicron transform! 4 issues just wasn't enough to cram in the history of the Japanese cartoons, either. If someone on another forum hadn't told me, I wouldn't have even known what the hell Angolmois was! And what happened to Guido Guidi? The guy drew Spotlight: Galvatron, one of the best Transformers comics I own! This didn't even come close. 2/10

Spider-Girl- Whew, now that I have that all that off my chest, let's close on a higher note. I like the new villain. She's got a cool power, and I like the whole traveling assassin angle. Fancy Dan? Man, that loser's showing up all over the place lately, huh? 8/10
    Follow me @Marcdachamp on Twitter

Re: Bought/Thought 1/16 bitches!

^^ was this the last issue of Cable and Deadpool?

"It's my duty in my role as a superhero to sully myself in pointless excercises of narcissism"

Yes, Nick Spencer won after all....
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Hock View Post
    Why is there a new thread? WHAT'S GOING ON! And who is captain sensation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal DeLay View Post
    Best. Reply. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Captain Sensation wins the internet for today.

New X-Men 46 more fun!!! lots of xmen action, and we see what happened to sinister. i dont think hes dead.

Incredible Hercules 113 more sibbling rivalry goin on, a peek into herc's past, and cho doing what he does best... annoys us all.

Fell 9 i like snowtown. it allows cool ass stories like this one. hope the wait for issue 10 isnt as long

100 Bullets 87 another new character!!! jesus. anyhoo, we meet the new guy and remi kicks some ass. solid issue from risso, yet again.

Wolverine: Origins 21 i know deadpool is crazy, but crazy like this? and i dont think that cliffhanger could possibly take out wolverine.

Zombies vs. Robots vs. Amazons 2 havnt gotten to, but who can resist zombies, robots, and amazons?

Black Hole TPB Gotten about two chapters in, and am liking it. see where this one goes...

for the wife

Angel 3
    Umbrella Academy 5
    The Sword 4

we'll see how she likes them

'Bout time someone got one of these going.

Aw, "bitches" is back. It's like it never left.

Booster "Holy Shit Oh My God" Gold - Holy shit, oh my God.

Incredible Hercules is a very pleasant surprise. Pak is really putting together a terrific Herc story, combining elements from Oeming's Ares miniseries, Mighty Avengers, Greek mythology, and WWH aftermath to make an exciting and unpredictable comic. I can't imagine anyone else doing a better job at setting up the Herc/Ares rivalry and tying it into current MU status quo. Ares in particular has some awesome and hilarious moments here, and I also dug the Iolaus/Cho parallels. Great comic all around.

New X-Men #46 - Drool. This was quite a bit of fun, and the sense of chaos and action is the sort of thing Humberto Ramos' art thrives on, so that was quite something. I have the sinking feeling that we won't really find out that much by the end of this, and it will be thirteen issues of "kick, bam, 'splode!". But either way, it's been a fun ride. 8/10

Reflections #9 - Okey-doke...my drool is looking to fill up Lake Superior. This is great stuff, from funky African portraits to neat bicycle robots. I love it. 10/10

I really didn't like the way...uhh, Way wrote Deadpool in Wolverine: Origins. It felt really, really...off, I guess is the right word.

Amazing Spider-man - Really fun, old school spidey vs. the mob story. What will become of the Bugle!?

Incredible Hercules - I'm with Xander. I'm really taken by this book. Cho's kind of a little dick though. I wants to hit him.

New X-Men - WHAT HAPPEN'S NEXT?

Imortal Iron Fist - The art was a little.... flat?.... this month, but still excellent.
    Hit me up on Facebook or Twitter.

Chuck Vs Mal: Two Geeks. One podcast. Many insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowline Pimp View Post
    You make me laugh, a lot. And not just because of your name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Morrison
    Superhero comics should have an ‘event’ in every panel! We all know this instinctively. Who cares ‘how?’ as long as it feels right and looks brilliant ?