davidmackkabuki Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Please introduce yourself...

Grifter

Re: Please introduce yourself...

Terry Tyson - San Clemente, CA

Environmental Health and Safety Regional Director for a large international company. I cover the western U.S. I've a small staff of 8 folks working with me.

Art is a hobby and I teach art/craft as a sideline. I really like all sorts of art. Been told that someone with too broad of tastes has no taste at all. Perhaps that is true.
    Other hobbies include photography, I'm an avid hiker, motorcycle enthusiast and the best cook on the block. I was a professional magician/mentalist in my much younger days and wrote quite a bit about magic, mentalism, seances and the like for many of the magic trade magazines.

I'm no longer a young man at 57 years. My amazing wife and blessed life keeps me young.

I first became interested in Kabuki and specifically in the art of Mr. Mack following an interview and article I wrote about him for an art magazine many years ago. He is kind enough to remember the article and doesn't ridicule it too often.

Rediscovered comics right after that having sold my entire collection to make college tuition in the mid-1970's.

I am drawn to the art of comics more often than the characters or narrative. But when all of these things meet, the nexus can be inspiring and affecting beyond each of those elements. It is heartening to see the talents of artists like Mack find recognition and reward for such things do not always happen in a life.

Cheers, all.

EDIT: In the event you're interested in such things, here's my hiking blog: t2hikingfool.blogspot.com

And my flickr pages: flickr.com/photos/modern_artifacts
    Last edited by Terry.Tyson; 06-29-2011 at 07:49 AM. Reason: added my blog address

Hai i am david.I am new here. Really having fun here.

Greetings and Salutations,
    I'm new to forums, new to here. this seems as good of post to begin.

Where you are based? I'm based downriver from Detroit,MI
    What you do? MAGIC!

What you like to do? Sleep, Learn, Apply the knowledge and skills to solve my existenial crisis, or to justify it. that's what comes to mind, anyway.

Are you an artist? I ooze an organized trail of colors and values that lubricate my way across time.
    What kind of art do you like? Illustrated snuggles

Are you a student? considering that position, are you hiring?

What age you are? quarter of a century

When did you first start reading Kabuki? When a friend and I went into a comic shop I purchased the first issue of the alchemy. It was merely something to support the shop for allowing us to linger, we were wander away time before a concert. I didn't read it right away, for two years it sat on my shelf. It was hidden away between my collection of classic literature.

What are your favorite parts of the Kabuki story? David Mack's ability to tell such a fractured concept in such a comprehensive way.

What is your job? I'm Unemployed currently. Debating artschool mostly by awaiting reveiw of my portfolio.

My name is Robert Vaillancourt.
    I currently live in London, Ontario, Canada but will soon be moving 3 hours west to Trenton, Ontario.
    I was born in '56, married in '74, worked a 30 year sentence at G.M. and retired in '07.
    My wife and I do the snowbird thing with a 35 ft. fifth wheel trailer, gravitating to the south-western states.
    Read a lot of books and comic books in my day.
    I write a little bit and am somewhat long winded in some of my email narratives. (or so my wife tells me)
    I am interested in sending you a bit more background and a critique of your work but am not sure if this is the right forum or that you will neither read or respond to it.
    If this is not the correct forum to do this, might someone steer me toward one that is.

I am yvette from philippines. I am newbie here. Nice to meet you guys

Where you are based.
    Pennsylvania

What you do.
    Software, datamining

What you like to do.
    I'm an image junkie. It negatively affects my life.

Are you an artist?
    Yes.

What age you are.
    30s.

What kind of art do you like?
    That's a broad question. I like letter art, linear designs, commercial photography, The Arts & Crafts Movement in the late 1800s / early 1900s. <-- (I'm not being pretentious. Look it up, it's awesome!)

When did you first start reading Kabuki?
    High School

What are your favorite parts of the Kabuki story?
    The Easter eggs. Like the NIN lyrics showing up. And wasn't that the set of The Crow in Scarab's story? I love the integration of Kanji into the actual story: makes me think.

Or anything else that comes to mind.
    I've been studying global history from the 1930s/1940s, for 13 years. I still learn something new, every time I do research.
    I've been working on a graphic novel for four years. But there's a significant learning curve. For instance: I only just learned how to draw males. Now it's time to learn to draw backgrounds....

Quote Originally Posted by KSSLR View Post
    Where you are based.
    Pennsylvania

What you do.
    Software, datamining

What you like to do.

Are you an artist?
    Yes.

What age you are.
    30s.

That's a broad question. I like letter art, linear designs, commercial photography, The Arts & Crafts Movement in the late 1800s / early 1900s. <-- (I'm not being pretentious. Look it up, it's awesome!)

High School

The Easter eggs. Like the NIN lyrics showing up. And wasn't that the set of The Crow in Scarab's story? I love the integration of Kanji into the actual story: makes me think.

I've been studying global history from the 1930s/1940s, for 13 years. I still learn something new, every time I do research.
    I've been working on a graphic novel for four years. But there's a significant learning curve. For instance: I only just learned how to draw males. Now it's time to learn to draw backgrounds....
    Welcome here. Thanks for reading. I've been responding to people more on my Facebook page here recently https://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Mack/21231086294 and my twitter.

but I'll try to stop in here more if you like.
    davidmack.com & davidmackguide.com (updated daily with news)

Quote Originally Posted by vinyl12 View Post
    I am yvette from philippines. I am newbie here. Nice to meet you guys
    Welcome!
    It looks like I will probably be doing a signing in philippines later this year.

Thank you and welcome.

I post daily updates here
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Mack/21231086294

Quote Originally Posted by MiKzie View Post
    Greetings and Salutations,
    I'm new to forums, new to here. this seems as good of post to begin.

Where you are based? I'm based downriver from Detroit,MI
    What you do? MAGIC!

What you like to do? Sleep, Learn, Apply the knowledge and skills to solve my existenial crisis, or to justify it. that's what comes to mind, anyway.

Are you an artist? I ooze an organized trail of colors and values that lubricate my way across time.
    What kind of art do you like? Illustrated snuggles

Are you a student? considering that position, are you hiring?

What age you are? quarter of a century

When did you first start reading Kabuki? When a friend and I went into a comic shop I purchased the first issue of the alchemy. It was merely something to support the shop for allowing us to linger, we were wander away time before a concert. I didn't read it right away, for two years it sat on my shelf. It was hidden away between my collection of classic literature.

What are your favorite parts of the Kabuki story? David Mack's ability to tell such a fractured concept in such a comprehensive way.

What is your job? I'm Unemployed currently. Debating artschool mostly by awaiting reveiw of my portfolio.

Quote Originally Posted by KSSLR View Post
    Where you are based.
    Pennsylvania

What you do.
    Software, datamining

What you like to do.

Are you an artist?
    Yes.

What age you are.
    30s.

High School

Finally! Now I feel like I know you.