BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 508 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518558608 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 10002

Thread: Ray's 6th Official DCU Megathread - OOMPH!!! East! (We're all doomed!)

  1. #5071
    GODFATHER Master Jack Rabbitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    51,641

    Re: Ray's 6th Official DCU Megathread - OOMPH!!! East! (We're all doomed!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vonn Hennigar View Post
    So will that start shipping immediately after the end of Countdown to Final Crisis? (Regarding the 3rd weekly series)

    Dan Didio - Weíre actually going to take a month off in between. What happens is that Countdown ends at the end of April. Final Crisis #0 comes out April 30, followed by issue #1 in the third or fourth week of May, and then the new weekly series will be starting in June.


    So, let me get this straight. Countdown to Final Crisis's last issue will now be called Final Crisis # 0 and then lead into the 7 issue Final Crisis mini by Grant Morrison and J.G. Jones, which will be accompanied by 2 mini-series running at the same time, lets call them Final Crisis : Frontline 1 and 2 by mystery teams and then in June there going to start running their 3rd weekly from allegedly Kurt Busiek,Fabian Nicieza and Mark Bagley.

    Sounds like a mistake to me to start the 3rd weekly right at the beginning of Final Crisis. Sure it'll help the bottom line when it comes to market share but you're already designating the series as an also-ran. I mean who is going to consider this 3rd weekly as more important than Final Crisis?
    Agreed. It seems to me that they should wait until FC is over to launch the new weekly. They're going to have way too much going on this summer if they keep to this plan. Ugh.
    Spoiler:




    The of the KTT Illuminati

  2. #5072
    ~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Dark Sasha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    124,521

    Re: Ray's 6th Official DCU Megathread - OOMPH!!! East! (We're all doomed!)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jack Rabbitt View Post
    Gale!
    Doc Brown is going to fix everything.

  3. #5073
    GODFATHER Deej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    34,767

    Re: Ray's 6th Official DCU Megathread - OOMPH!!! East! (We're all doomed!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vonn Hennigar View Post
    So will that start shipping immediately after the end of Countdown to Final Crisis? (Regarding the 3rd weekly series)

    Dan Didio - Weíre actually going to take a month off in between. What happens is that Countdown ends at the end of April. Final Crisis #0 comes out April 30, followed by issue #1 in the third or fourth week of May, and then the new weekly series will be starting in June.

    So, let me get this straight. Countdown to Final Crisis's last issue will now be called Final Crisis # 0 and then lead into the 7 issue Final Crisis mini by Grant Morrison and J.G. Jones, which will be accompanied by 2 mini-series running at the same time, lets call them Final Crisis : Frontline 1 and 2 by mystery teams and then in June there going to start running their 3rd weekly from allegedly Kurt Busiek,Fabian Nicieza and Mark Bagley.

    Sounds like a mistake to me to start the 3rd weekly right at the beginning of Final Crisis. Sure it'll help the bottom line when it comes to market share but you're already designating the series as an also-ran. I mean who is going to consider this 3rd weekly as more important than Final Crisis?
    Countdown ruined the whole weekly concept for me. Busiek has been very iffy on Superman...perhaps it's due to all the work with the weekly series. I'm going to let other people buy and I'll just read their reviews this time around. If things are very positive, I'll just jump in and buy the back issues to catch up.
    Will Munny: All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down.

  4. #5074
    Time Lord The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bangor, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    57,934

    Re: Ray's 6th Official DCU Megathread - OOMPH!!! East! (We're all doomed!)

    Spoiler:
    The Near Future

    Rachael frowns at her reflection in the doors of the elevator. She rubs her hands over the wrinkles of the skirt of the business suit sheís wearing and then starts fiddling with the blonde wig on her head.

    Rachael: I look ridiculous.

    The Question stands beside Rachael looking up at the roof of the elevator.

    Question: Keep looking ahead, weíre being watched.

    Rachael sighs and does as sheís told as she loosens the designer watch on her wrist.

    Rachael: you think Iíd be used to this by now.

    Question: Glad I still keep you on your toes.

    Rachael: You can sure say that again.

    Both Rachael and The Question fall into a silence as Rachael watches the numbers go up and up on the elevator.

    Question: Interesting isnít it?

    Rachael: What is?

    Question: When in an elevator suddenly the roof becomes the most interesting thing on the planet.

    Rachael: Thatís funny.

    Question: I try.

    Rachael: So why are we here again?

    Question: Searching.

    Rachael: For what?

    Question: Will know it when we find it.

    Rachael: Well thatís helpful. I almost wish I could go back to the days when I was being chased by my father and a psychopath wearing bandages.

    Question: No you donít.

    Rachael: No, I donít.

    The elevator stops and Rachael puts on her best fake smile as the doors open. Since thereís no one around but she still knows cameras will be watching her Rachael speaks through her teeth at her faceless companion.

    Rachael: Just so you know I really hate you sometimes.

    Rachael walks out of the elevator as The Question stays behind watching her walk along.

    Question: I remember Rachael Thorn; I trust Iíll never forget.

    Now

    Rachael: You liar! Your nothing but scum! I thought you were my friend! I hate you! I HATE YOU!

    The Question is unable to speak as he watches Rachael Thorn run away as she begins to cry.

    Billy: Was it something I said?

    Question: Well that went worse than expected.

    The Question goes after Rachael walking right though the closed door of Billyís workshop in the process. He looks both ways until he sees her in the distance and he starts to run after her.

    Question: Rachael!

    Rachael doesnít seem to hear or she doesnít care as she continues to walk as it starts to rain in Gotham. The Question eventually manages to catch up to Rachael and walks along side her as she seemingly ignores him.

    Question: Rachael please let me explain.

    Rachael: Go away.

    Question: Itís dangerous, youíll catch cold.

    Rachael: Oh yeah? What do you care? Your not even here.

    Question: I am.

    Rachael: How come then itís only me that can see you then? Huh? Answer me that smart guy. For all I know Iíve totally flipped my lid.

    Question: You havenít.

    Rachael: Well since your part of my delusion you would say that wouldnít you?

    Question: Am not a delusion.

    Rachael: Oh I know why donít I go with the mysterious man without a face! Man Iím such an idiot, first my father and now you.

    Question: Nothing like your father.

    Rachael turns and faces The Question staring at him with anger blazing in her eyes.

    Rachael: You lied to me. Instead of answering my questions you just said stupid things to distract me. All along you kept this from me, you know I had been hurt and lied to before and you still did it.

    Question: IÖ.

    Rachael: NO! No excuses. Why me? Am I just the biggest sap there is? Huh is that it? Do I have sucker tattooed on my forehead? What is it that made all this happen to me huh?!

    Question: Fate.

    Rachael breathes heavily as she notices the rain isnít getting The Question wet at all while she stands soaking.

    Rachael: What are you?

    Question: It all began roughly 21 months agoÖ.

    21 Months Ago

    The Question sits cross legged surrounded by candles dressed only in a pair of blue slacks. His mask, shirt, coat and other items rest on a table in the corner of the otherwise dark room. For a few moments The Question remains alone until a flash of light makes him open his eyes and he sees Dr. Fate floating above him.

    Fate: You are ready Vic Sage.

    Vic looks at Fate with hope in his eyes.

    Vic: Am I cured?

    Fate: No Iím afraid you are still very much going to die.

    Vic: Glad I wasted my time sitting here for 3 days strait then.

    Fate: You didnít waste your time Vic Sage, your body is now ready for the spell.

    Vic: What spell?

    Fate: As I said before it is beyond my power to cure you but it is within my power to give you life beyond death. Take note Vic Sage that if you choose this path it may cause you only heartache and loneliness. Only those with the power such as myself and Zatanna will be aware of your presence. You will be nothing more than a ghost, unable to touch or feel or interact with the world.

    Vic: Being around but not being able to make a difference may be worse than death.

    Fate: Exactly however there is another possibility. If you can find one that possesses the sightÖ..

    Vic: The sight?

    Fate: One who can see and hear you and will be willing to help you in your quests. It may take you year or decades to find such a person Vic Sage so I advice you carry out research before your demise and make other arrangements.

    Vic: Already working on a few ideas.

    Fate: Excellent then perhaps this course of action is not needed?

    Vic: No do it. I need to get my work done.

    Fate: You understand that once your task is done you will not be able to cross over? It is either one or the other Vic Sage.

    Vic: Will find something to do.

    Fate: Very well then.

    Vic: Will I be able to do anything other than talk to those with Ďthe sightí?

    Fate: You may be able to cast simple illusions that you are interacting with objects as to not alarm them at first. However that is all, you will be able to do little else.

    Vic: Letís do it then.

    Fate: As you wish Vic Sage.

    A green smoke surrounds Vic at Dr. Fate chants some words in Latin that his guess does not recognise. More than once Vic begins to regret his choice and wants to stop but he remains quiet until the smoke disappears.

    Fate: May your afterlife be as eventful and fulfilling as your current form Vic Sage. Know you are always welcome at my tower.

    Vic nods as Dr. Fate disappears leaving his guest alone.

    Vic: Best start making preparations then.

    Today

    Rachael stands in disbelief as The Question finishes telling his story. By this point she has backed into a small doorway shielding her from the rain but she canít help but hold herself against the growing cold of the skin.

    Question: Must admit was surprised that you by chance where one with the sight. You possibly inherited it from your mother who perhaps was tooÖpreoccupied to use her gift.

    Rachael: Drunk, my mother was a drunk.

    Question: Not her fault, nor yours.

    Rachael: So only I can see you?

    Question: Yes.

    Rachael: Back in the coffee shop all those months ago, seeing you writing in a notebook and having coffee in front of youÖ.

    Question: All tricks of the mind. The money was left by an informant of mine who was supposed to be in and out before you could notice him. Made sure he got full details before my death.

    Rachael: I think Iím going to be sickÖ.

    Question: Told you bad idea to stay out in rain.

    Rachael: Itís not that itís Iím talking toÖ.Vic Sage the friendly ghost.

    Question: At least you know my name.

    Rachael: You still lied to me.

    Question: Iím sorry. Truly am.

    Rachael: So Iím what your link to this world? What if I donít want to help? What if I tell you to leave me alone?

    Question: That is your choice. For your help so far you are welcome to the money in my hideaway. Did some research on you before I died; youíre a good person and thought you would want to help people. Am happy to find someone else but thereís the death of a little girl that needs to be answered among other matters. Your going to need my help avoiding your father and his associates as well.

    Rachael: I wouldnít be in this situation with my dad if it wasnít for you.

    Question: Would have rather remained ignorant of the fact then?

    Rachael:Ö..No.

    Question: Then what are you angry about?

    Rachael: Thatís the question.

    Question: Funny.

    Rachael: I try.

    Rachael leans her head against the door and closes her eyes as she sighs and looks at the Question.

    Rachael: Alright if weíre going to do this no more lies understood?

    Question: Understood.

    Rachael: Also since no one else can see you your going to be coming with me a lot more agreed?

    Question: Agreed.

    Rachael: Oh and no more history lessons, I donít want to turn into you. I doubt you want a female version of you wondering around.

    Question: Never jump to conclusions.

    Rachael raises her eyebrow and after a few silent moments extends her hand.

    Question: I canít shake that.

    Rachael: Itís the gesture that counts.

    The Question eventually extends his hand and indeed as expected it passes through Rachaelís.

    Question: Sorry.

    Rachael: Itís fine. Weíll just start over. Hereís to a bright future. So what next?

    Question: Now we find whatever happened to Stephanie Brown.

    Rachael nods as she begins to think of possible leads despite being soaking wet and it is in this moment that Vic Sage knows he made the right choice so many months ago at Fate Tower.

    His name is Vic Sage, heís been dead over a year and heís just starting to learn to live.


    New Question

    Spoiler:
    DCU Megathread Justice League

    Buy The Gathering
    Spoiler:


  5. #5075
    Time Lord The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bangor, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    57,934

    Re: Ray's 6th Official DCU Megathread - OOMPH!!! East! (We're all doomed!)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jack Rabbitt View Post
    Agreed. It seems to me that they should wait until FC is over to launch the new weekly. They're going to have way too much going on this summer if they keep to this plan. Ugh.
    Too many cooks and all that.

    Spoiler:
    DCU Megathread Justice League

    Buy The Gathering
    Spoiler:


  6. #5076

    Re: Ray's 6th Official DCU Megathread - OOMPH!!! East! (We're all doomed!)

    I never read any of these comic book script fantasy things but does anyone ever write these scripts in the proper format?

    As in a real comic book script with panel layout descriptions and the like or are they always just basic talking head dialogue scripts?

  7. #5077
    Time Lord The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bangor, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    57,934

    Re: Ray's 6th Official DCU Megathread - OOMPH!!! East! (We're all doomed!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vonn Hennigar View Post
    I never read any of these comic book script fantasy things but does anyone ever write these scripts in the proper format?

    As in a real comic book script with panel layout descriptions and the like or are they always just basic talking head dialogue scripts?
    I'm doing full script for Ultimate Batman 25 sometime next week

    Spoiler:
    DCU Megathread Justice League

    Buy The Gathering
    Spoiler:


  8. #5078

    Re: Ray's 6th Official DCU Megathread - OOMPH!!! East! (We're all doomed!)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Spoiler:
    The Near Future

    Rachael frowns at her reflection in the doors of the elevator. She rubs her hands over the wrinkles of the skirt of the business suit sheís wearing and then starts fiddling with the blonde wig on her head.

    Rachael: I look ridiculous.

    The Question stands beside Rachael looking up at the roof of the elevator.

    Question: Keep looking ahead, weíre being watched.

    Rachael sighs and does as sheís told as she loosens the designer watch on her wrist.

    Rachael: you think Iíd be used to this by now.

    Question: Glad I still keep you on your toes.

    Rachael: You can sure say that again.

    Both Rachael and The Question fall into a silence as Rachael watches the numbers go up and up on the elevator.

    Question: Interesting isnít it?

    Rachael: What is?

    Question: When in an elevator suddenly the roof becomes the most interesting thing on the planet.

    Rachael: Thatís funny.

    Question: I try.

    Rachael: So why are we here again?

    Question: Searching.

    Rachael: For what?

    Question: Will know it when we find it.

    Rachael: Well thatís helpful. I almost wish I could go back to the days when I was being chased by my father and a psychopath wearing bandages.

    Question: No you donít.

    Rachael: No, I donít.

    The elevator stops and Rachael puts on her best fake smile as the doors open. Since thereís no one around but she still knows cameras will be watching her Rachael speaks through her teeth at her faceless companion.

    Rachael: Just so you know I really hate you sometimes.

    Rachael walks out of the elevator as The Question stays behind watching her walk along.

    Question: I remember Rachael Thorn; I trust Iíll never forget.

    Now

    Rachael: You liar! Your nothing but scum! I thought you were my friend! I hate you! I HATE YOU!

    The Question is unable to speak as he watches Rachael Thorn run away as she begins to cry.

    Billy: Was it something I said?

    Question: Well that went worse than expected.

    The Question goes after Rachael walking right though the closed door of Billyís workshop in the process. He looks both ways until he sees her in the distance and he starts to run after her.

    Question: Rachael!

    Rachael doesnít seem to hear or she doesnít care as she continues to walk as it starts to rain in Gotham. The Question eventually manages to catch up to Rachael and walks along side her as she seemingly ignores him.

    Question: Rachael please let me explain.

    Rachael: Go away.

    Question: Itís dangerous, youíll catch cold.

    Rachael: Oh yeah? What do you care? Your not even here.

    Question: I am.

    Rachael: How come then itís only me that can see you then? Huh? Answer me that smart guy. For all I know Iíve totally flipped my lid.

    Question: You havenít.

    Rachael: Well since your part of my delusion you would say that wouldnít you?

    Question: Am not a delusion.

    Rachael: Oh I know why donít I go with the mysterious man without a face! Man Iím such an idiot, first my father and now you.

    Question: Nothing like your father.

    Rachael turns and faces The Question staring at him with anger blazing in her eyes.

    Rachael: You lied to me. Instead of answering my questions you just said stupid things to distract me. All along you kept this from me, you know I had been hurt and lied to before and you still did it.

    Question: IÖ.

    Rachael: NO! No excuses. Why me? Am I just the biggest sap there is? Huh is that it? Do I have sucker tattooed on my forehead? What is it that made all this happen to me huh?!

    Question: Fate.

    Rachael breathes heavily as she notices the rain isnít getting The Question wet at all while she stands soaking.

    Rachael: What are you?

    Question: It all began roughly 21 months agoÖ.

    21 Months Ago

    The Question sits cross legged surrounded by candles dressed only in a pair of blue slacks. His mask, shirt, coat and other items rest on a table in the corner of the otherwise dark room. For a few moments The Question remains alone until a flash of light makes him open his eyes and he sees Dr. Fate floating above him.

    Fate: You are ready Vic Sage.

    Vic looks at Fate with hope in his eyes.

    Vic: Am I cured?

    Fate: No Iím afraid you are still very much going to die.

    Vic: Glad I wasted my time sitting here for 3 days strait then.

    Fate: You didnít waste your time Vic Sage, your body is now ready for the spell.

    Vic: What spell?

    Fate: As I said before it is beyond my power to cure you but it is within my power to give you life beyond death. Take note Vic Sage that if you choose this path it may cause you only heartache and loneliness. Only those with the power such as myself and Zatanna will be aware of your presence. You will be nothing more than a ghost, unable to touch or feel or interact with the world.

    Vic: Being around but not being able to make a difference may be worse than death.

    Fate: Exactly however there is another possibility. If you can find one that possesses the sightÖ..

    Vic: The sight?

    Fate: One who can see and hear you and will be willing to help you in your quests. It may take you year or decades to find such a person Vic Sage so I advice you carry out research before your demise and make other arrangements.

    Vic: Already working on a few ideas.

    Fate: Excellent then perhaps this course of action is not needed?

    Vic: No do it. I need to get my work done.

    Fate: You understand that once your task is done you will not be able to cross over? It is either one or the other Vic Sage.

    Vic: Will find something to do.

    Fate: Very well then.

    Vic: Will I be able to do anything other than talk to those with Ďthe sightí?

    Fate: You may be able to cast simple illusions that you are interacting with objects as to not alarm them at first. However that is all, you will be able to do little else.

    Vic: Letís do it then.

    Fate: As you wish Vic Sage.

    A green smoke surrounds Vic at Dr. Fate chants some words in Latin that his guess does not recognise. More than once Vic begins to regret his choice and wants to stop but he remains quiet until the smoke disappears.

    Fate: May your afterlife be as eventful and fulfilling as your current form Vic Sage. Know you are always welcome at my tower.

    Vic nods as Dr. Fate disappears leaving his guest alone.

    Vic: Best start making preparations then.

    Today

    Rachael stands in disbelief as The Question finishes telling his story. By this point she has backed into a small doorway shielding her from the rain but she canít help but hold herself against the growing cold of the skin.

    Question: Must admit was surprised that you by chance where one with the sight. You possibly inherited it from your mother who perhaps was tooÖpreoccupied to use her gift.

    Rachael: Drunk, my mother was a drunk.

    Question: Not her fault, nor yours.

    Rachael: So only I can see you?

    Question: Yes.

    Rachael: Back in the coffee shop all those months ago, seeing you writing in a notebook and having coffee in front of youÖ.

    Question: All tricks of the mind. The money was left by an informant of mine who was supposed to be in and out before you could notice him. Made sure he got full details before my death.

    Rachael: I think Iím going to be sickÖ.

    Question: Told you bad idea to stay out in rain.

    Rachael: Itís not that itís Iím talking toÖ.Vic Sage the friendly ghost.

    Question: At least you know my name.

    Rachael: You still lied to me.

    Question: Iím sorry. Truly am.

    Rachael: So Iím what your link to this world? What if I donít want to help? What if I tell you to leave me alone?

    Question: That is your choice. For your help so far you are welcome to the money in my hideaway. Did some research on you before I died; youíre a good person and thought you would want to help people. Am happy to find someone else but thereís the death of a little girl that needs to be answered among other matters. Your going to need my help avoiding your father and his associates as well.

    Rachael: I wouldnít be in this situation with my dad if it wasnít for you.

    Question: Would have rather remained ignorant of the fact then?

    Rachael:Ö..No.

    Question: Then what are you angry about?

    Rachael: Thatís the question.

    Question: Funny.

    Rachael: I try.

    Rachael leans her head against the door and closes her eyes as she sighs and looks at the Question.

    Rachael: Alright if weíre going to do this no more lies understood?

    Question: Understood.

    Rachael: Also since no one else can see you your going to be coming with me a lot more agreed?

    Question: Agreed.

    Rachael: Oh and no more history lessons, I donít want to turn into you. I doubt you want a female version of you wondering around.

    Question: Never jump to conclusions.

    Rachael raises her eyebrow and after a few silent moments extends her hand.

    Question: I canít shake that.

    Rachael: Itís the gesture that counts.

    The Question eventually extends his hand and indeed as expected it passes through Rachaelís.

    Question: Sorry.

    Rachael: Itís fine. Weíll just start over. Hereís to a bright future. So what next?

    Question: Now we find whatever happened to Stephanie Brown.

    Rachael nods as she begins to think of possible leads despite being soaking wet and it is in this moment that Vic Sage knows he made the right choice so many months ago at Fate Tower.

    His name is Vic Sage, heís been dead over a year and heís just starting to learn to live.


    New Question
    Awesome! I'll have to read it when I get a chance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vonn Hennigar View Post
    I never read any of these comic book script fantasy things but does anyone ever write these scripts in the proper format?

    As in a real comic book script with panel layout descriptions and the like or are they always just basic talking head dialogue scripts?
    Yeah I do, that's mostly what I write.

  9. #5079

    Re: Ray's 6th Official DCU Megathread - OOMPH!!! East! (We're all doomed!)

    Also got the latest issue of Wizard in the mail today, and the new JSA members look horrible for the most part.

  10. #5080
    Time Lord The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bangor, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    57,934

    Re: Ray's 6th Official DCU Megathread - OOMPH!!! East! (We're all doomed!)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieMaster Funk View Post
    Also got the latest issue of Wizard in the mail today, and the new JSA members look horrible for the most part.
    Who're the new members?

    Spoiler:
    DCU Megathread Justice League

    Buy The Gathering
    Spoiler:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •