BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Thread: Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore Question

Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore Question

I'm currently writing a paper on Neil Gaiman for my British Literature class and there's one thing I can't find out. Maybe I have been looking in the wrong place or something, I do not know. I know that Alan Moore personally requested Gaiman to take over writing Marvelman from him, but why did he choose Gaiman? From what I have researched it doesn't seem like Gaiman had released much at this point (Sandman came out the same time as Gaiman's stint on MM, right?). Were they friends prior to Gaiman's entering of comics?

(I've been researching this for a couple days and I just keep coming across the same story of Moore wanting Gaiman to take over from him but no explanation as to why).

Right Guy

Re: Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore Question

Why don't you email Neil? He has a website and regularly blogs on it. I'm sure he could help you out.
    Dudley P!

My collection of original art @ [ http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=626 ]

I think MM came out around the same time as Sandman here in the states, but had been out in Britian already... I could be wrong though.
    Jeffery

Quote Originally Posted by Your pal, Jim
    ... (Jeffery) is insane. It was like being in the presence of The Joker, without all the murdering!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickT
    Have you COMPLETELY given up pretending to be straight?

Per Kimota!, the Miracleman book from TwoMorrows, Gaiman says "In late 1986, Alan had seen Violent Cases and a couple other things I'd written that wound up never seeing the light of day. The phone rang one day..." and Alan asked Neil if he'd like to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by YPJ View Post
    Per Kimota!, the Miracleman book from TwoMorrows, Gaiman says "In late 1986, Alan had seen Violent Cases and a couple other things I'd written that wound up never seeing the light of day. The phone rang one day..." and Alan asked Neil if he'd like to take over.
    Awesome! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

No prob, VOC!