BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: So, How Much Ass Does Thunderbolts Kick, Really?

  1. #1
    GODFATHER Jerome Gibbons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York/LA
    Posts
    35,345

    So, How Much Ass Does Thunderbolts Kick, Really?

    The answer is a lot! A LOT! Oh man this book is so good...so good...if there was a way to physically chain Warren Ellis to it forever, I would pay JoeyQ a lot of devalued Dominican pesos to do it.

    The latest issue was great. A bit unexpected, but great.

    Spoiler:
    The conversation between Doc Samson and Robbie was very good. I get the feeling that was Ellis indulging himself a bit by having an interrogation-like scene, which he claims to love. And the conversation between Songbird and Radioactive Man was cool too. I bet Chen will turn out to be super wrong and the Thunderbolts are going to blow up in everyone's faces. Also, I wish to legally change my name to the Glowing Love God.

    The thing with Mindwave and the others I didn't expect. I thought Mindwave was just looking to secure himself a spot on the Thunderbolts, didn't expect them all to be conspiring against the team. That was a bit out of left field.

    And the ending! The ending was awesome! Totally didn't expect it. I can't wait 'till Norman cracks and dons the costume again.

    No complaints. Another month, another great issue of Thunderbolts. I hope Ellis and Deodato stay on for another year, because this book of theirs kicks too much ass.

  2. #2
    GODFATHER RebootedCorpse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mitten and Rabbit
    Posts
    32,292

    Re: So, How Much Ass Does Thunderbolts Kick, Really?

    3 to 17 percent


  3. #3
    AMERICANS UK Jef UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    38,147

    Re: So, How Much Ass Does Thunderbolts Kick, Really?

    I'm glad this is back on schedule so I can have another nice hardcover to read in another 6 months or so.

    But please keep Paul Jenkins out of my Ellis collections. Although a Jenkins comic does make me realize just how excellent an Ellis script really is.
    Click on AM/UK Banner for Rock n' Comix:


  4. #4
    Consiliere MAK15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In the Center of the Brutalverse
    Posts
    19,272

    Re: So, How Much Ass Does Thunderbolts Kick, Really?

    so much ass it loses track.
    great ish.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    212

    Re: So, How Much Ass Does Thunderbolts Kick, Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo D. View Post
    Another month, another great issue of Thunderbolts. I hope Ellis and Deodato stay on for another year, because this book of theirs kicks too much ass.
    This is without a doubt my favourite book, by far... but I have this ominous feeling that Ellis might be leaving soon. Best creative match-up I've seen in a long time. It would be a real shame to see it end.

  6. #6
    GODFATHER Jerome Gibbons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York/LA
    Posts
    35,345

    Re: So, How Much Ass Does Thunderbolts Kick, Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Pale Corpse View Post
    3 to 17 percent



    More!

  7. #7
    GODFATHER joeAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    30,489

    Re: So, How Much Ass Does Thunderbolts Kick, Really?

    Haven't read the newist issue but i've loved Elliss's run so far.

  8. #8
    GODFATHER Flonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    30,538

    Re: So, How Much Ass Does Thunderbolts Kick, Really?

    7. It kicks 7 ass.



    Really.

  9. #9
    GODFATHER Jerome Gibbons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York/LA
    Posts
    35,345

    Re: So, How Much Ass Does Thunderbolts Kick, Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jef UK View Post
    I'm glad this is back on schedule so I can have another nice hardcover to read in another 6 months or so.

    But please keep Paul Jenkins out of my Ellis collections. Although a Jenkins comic does make me realize just how excellent an Ellis script really is.
    Oh yeah, I read the one-shot he did a few months back and it wasn't very good. It kind of read like a really watered down version of Ellis' stuff. Although I've heard that the Penance: Relentless miniseries is pretty good. Don't know if that's true.

  10. #10
    GODFATHER John M. Coker (Johnny C.)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    33,482

    Re: So, How Much Ass Does Thunderbolts Kick, Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo D. View Post
    The answer is a lot! A LOT! Oh man this book is so good...so good...if there was a way to physically chain Warren Ellis to it forever, I would pay JoeyQ a lot of devalued Dominican pesos to do it.

    The latest issue was great. A bit unexpected, but great.

    Spoiler:
    The conversation between Doc Samson and Robbie was very good. I get the feeling that was Ellis indulging himself a bit by having an interrogation-like scene, which he claims to love. And the conversation between Songbird and Radioactive Man was cool too. I bet Chen will turn out to be super wrong and the Thunderbolts are going to blow up in everyone's faces. Also, I wish to legally change my name to the Glowing Love God.

    The thing with Mindwave and the others I didn't expect. I thought Mindwave was just looking to secure himself a spot on the Thunderbolts, didn't expect them all to be conspiring against the team. That was a bit out of left field.

    And the ending! The ending was awesome! Totally didn't expect it. I can't wait 'till Norman cracks and dons the costume again.

    No complaints. Another month, another great issue of Thunderbolts. I hope Ellis and Deodato stay on for another year, because this book of theirs kicks too much ass.
    Agreed. T-Bolts has gone from one of my least favorite Marvel books under Fabes and Grummet to in my top 3 under Ellis and Deodato. It's just such a smart, intense, fun read.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •