BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, How Much Ass Does Thunderbolts Kick, Really?

So, How Much Ass Does Thunderbolts Kick, Really?

The answer is a lot! A LOT! Oh man this book is so good...so good...if there was a way to physically chain Warren Ellis to it forever, I would pay JoeyQ a lot of devalued Dominican pesos to do it.

The latest issue was great. A bit unexpected, but great.

Spoiler:
    The conversation between Doc Samson and Robbie was very good. I get the feeling that was Ellis indulging himself a bit by having an interrogation-like scene, which he claims to love. And the conversation between Songbird and Radioactive Man was cool too. I bet Chen will turn out to be super wrong and the Thunderbolts are going to blow up in everyone's faces. Also, I wish to legally change my name to the Glowing Love God.

The thing with Mindwave and the others I didn't expect. I thought Mindwave was just looking to secure himself a spot on the Thunderbolts, didn't expect them all to be conspiring against the team. That was a bit out of left field.

And the ending! The ending was awesome! Totally didn't expect it. I can't wait 'till Norman cracks and dons the costume again.

No complaints. Another month, another great issue of Thunderbolts. I hope Ellis and Deodato stay on for another year, because this book of theirs kicks too much ass.

Re: So, How Much Ass Does Thunderbolts Kick, Really?

3 to 17 percent

I'm glad this is back on schedule so I can have another nice hardcover to read in another 6 months or so.

But please keep Paul Jenkins out of my Ellis collections. Although a Jenkins comic does make me realize just how excellent an Ellis script really is.
    Click on AM/UK Banner for Rock n' Comix:

so much ass it loses track.
    great ish.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo D. View Post
    Another month, another great issue of Thunderbolts. I hope Ellis and Deodato stay on for another year, because this book of theirs kicks too much ass.
    This is without a doubt my favourite book, by far... but I have this ominous feeling that Ellis might be leaving soon. Best creative match-up I've seen in a long time. It would be a real shame to see it end.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Pale Corpse View Post
    3 to 17 percent

More!

Haven't read the newist issue but i've loved Elliss's run so far.

7. It kicks 7 ass.

Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jef UK View Post
    I'm glad this is back on schedule so I can have another nice hardcover to read in another 6 months or so.

But please keep Paul Jenkins out of my Ellis collections. Although a Jenkins comic does make me realize just how excellent an Ellis script really is.
    Oh yeah, I read the one-shot he did a few months back and it wasn't very good. It kind of read like a really watered down version of Ellis' stuff. Although I've heard that the Penance: Relentless miniseries is pretty good. Don't know if that's true.

GODFATHER John M. Coker (Johnny C.)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo D. View Post
    The answer is a lot! A LOT! Oh man this book is so good...so good...if there was a way to physically chain Warren Ellis to it forever, I would pay JoeyQ a lot of devalued Dominican pesos to do it.

The latest issue was great. A bit unexpected, but great.

Spoiler:
    The conversation between Doc Samson and Robbie was very good. I get the feeling that was Ellis indulging himself a bit by having an interrogation-like scene, which he claims to love. And the conversation between Songbird and Radioactive Man was cool too. I bet Chen will turn out to be super wrong and the Thunderbolts are going to blow up in everyone's faces. Also, I wish to legally change my name to the Glowing Love God.

The thing with Mindwave and the others I didn't expect. I thought Mindwave was just looking to secure himself a spot on the Thunderbolts, didn't expect them all to be conspiring against the team. That was a bit out of left field.

And the ending! The ending was awesome! Totally didn't expect it. I can't wait 'till Norman cracks and dons the costume again.

No complaints. Another month, another great issue of Thunderbolts. I hope Ellis and Deodato stay on for another year, because this book of theirs kicks too much ass.
    Agreed. T-Bolts has gone from one of my least favorite Marvel books under Fabes and Grummet to in my top 3 under Ellis and Deodato. It's just such a smart, intense, fun read.